stephenrussell

Help Me Please

stephenrussell

Good Morning!

My name is Steve, I am resurrecting a 1957 RJ35 (I think it is) that I've owned for 30+ years.

I'm looking for information on the carburetor; it is off a Clinton 1200 engine, and the carburetor is stamped "Clinton 56" on one side, LMG11 on the other.

I am trying to determine if a rebuilding kit for this carburetor is available, I cant seem to find anything pertaining to the make and model of this engine & carburetor.

Also, what is the best product to soak a carburetor in to remove dried residue? 

Any help?

Thanks,

Steve

post-14894-0-53800400-1427468195_thumb.j

post-14894-0-42116800-1427468197_thumb.j

• Like 2

Jake Kuhn

Steve, first off  :WRS:  Here on redsquare we love pictures, and would love to see some pictures of your tractor! To answer your question on your carburetor kit, if you have the original carburetor to the clinton 1200 I have purchased this one and it has worked for some of mine....http://mymowerparts.com/partdetail/14244/1040/10879.php As for cleaning the carburetor I have a gallon can of berrymans carburetor cleaner I got at walmart and let them soak for a day or so and then scrub and rinse clean with brake cleaner.

• Like 1

JC 1965

Sorry, I can't help with the carb. But  :WRS:

KATO

:text-welcomewave: to :rs: 

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square...you came to the right place.  Along with what Jake said, we also have a few Connecticut members that are into the RJ's that may be able to help.  :)

Of course you know that we love pictures.  :)

64s

I'll second the Berryman's for cleaning the carb.  As for a kit, L&R on Main St (Rte 25) in Monroe still has some stuff for the old items.  Its best to go down with the carb vs a phone call - they are very helpful.

• Like 1

stephenrussell

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say thank you for responding to my posts in regards to rebuilding the carberautor for my Clinton engine. It actually worked; the oven cleaner and the rebuilding kit together enabled me to get the engine running. After much thought, combined with owning this tractor for over 30 years, I feel it's time to clean out my garage and make room for more projects.

The tractor is posted on the wheelhorse forum for sale site, pictures and videos included.

If any of you other enthusists are interested in owning this machine, contact me!

Have a great day and many thanks,

Steven

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/56074-rj58-50s-for-sale/