Sign in to follow this  
SteveG_CT

Recommendations for replacement mower blades?

SteveG_CT

Hello everyone,

I just finished what should be the last lawn mowing of the season this afternoon and dismounted the mower deck from my 657. The blades are in pretty rough shape. One has a pretty good chip missing from the edge and both blades are worn to the point where I don't think they are worth resharpening. I suspect that they are the original blades as they have clearly been resharpened several times before.

I stopped by the local equipment dealer in search of replacement blades and was able to find a few universal ones that would fit, but they seemed to me to be of questionable quality (stamped from thin gauge metal, not sharpened properly at the factory, etc.). Does anyone have a recommendation for some good quality replacement blades? I have the 32" gear drive deck if that helps.

Thanks,

Steve

JimD

hi steve. sometimes local dealers can order what you need. also tractor supply may have ome good ones. you can try ebay, and click on any blades you see, go to sellers store and check, or use ask seller a question option. hope you find them, jim

GlenPettit

I'm a big big supporter of the Gator Blades. If you look underneath the newer more expensive mowers, they all have gator blades, and even the better 'push' mowers have them as they do lift and throw the grass blades much better. Better yet, also keep your older blades and mount them 90

Docwheelhorse

The blades for your gear drive deck aren't available aftermarket (at least I am 99% sure they aren't) :banghead: The dealer will have them but they are expensive and I also think they are creeping towards NLA. Maybe Bill can shed some light on the blades and the best place to find them?

Tony