JamesC-120

Wheel horse d-200 Value?

JamesC-120

I found a wheel horse d-200 for $400. It has no attachments and needs 1 front tire, needs new wiring, and needs new fuel line but it has nice, somewhat faded original paint. Other wise it should be good. What do you think is a good price. Is $400 a fair price or a great price or is it to high?

Thanks 

Edited by JamesC-120

Sparky

So you cant start it and test it...especially the hydro? Might be a good deal but if the hydro is shot :eusa-think: , that would blow any kind of good deal.

I think its very risky buying a non-running hydro, especially a D series.

Mike........

Brrly1

Pictures would help a Great deal

JamesC-120

I can not get any picture but I saw it when I was at his house but he can not send me pictures

bmsgaffer

Any tractor that I cannot fully test, I make sure that I do not pay more than what I could part-out the known good parts for (i.e. if the bodywork is in really good shape, you should be just fine @ $400.)

Basically I make sure that if I get it all together and say the hydro is bad (apparently a pretty major issue if it happens on the D's) then I can part it out and at make my money back.

• Like 1

WH nut

Its worth whatever you and the seller can agree on.

• Like 1

JamesC-120

Well he said I could test it and we could hook up some fuel to it and drive it. What would it be worth with a bad hydro?

ericj

if it runs and drives $ 400.00 is a fair price, BUT if you can negotiate a better price by all means do so

eric j 

pfrederi

Problem is just getting it running and moving about isn't  a real test of the hydro It has to get fully warmed up then put against an immovable object and see if it will spin its rear wheels on pavement. Attchmsns for D's are somewhat less common and can be more expensive.. A d with out attachments isn't particularly useful.  Even if Hydro is weak iif the engine is in decent shape as well as the body you could easily get you $400 back in parting it out....

ericj

i know a guy that sold a rebuilable short block for $ 250.00. the guy that bought it need rods for his tractor so he bought the complete short block to rebuild his motor so $ 400.00 for a complete tractor may not be that bad of a deal. worth more in parts then whole

eric j

JamesC-120

I bought the d-200. The guy let me test it againt a tree on pavement and it was very very strong. The hour meter reads 309 hours and it burns no oil. But the fuel pump was giving me trouble but got that figured out. It is pretty nice. Here are some pics.

post-11263-0-77532400-1427764943_thumb.j

post-11263-0-53819700-1427764985_thumb.j

post-11263-0-27238000-1427765039_thumb.j

• Like 2

1989520HC

Looks exactly like the D-180 I bought Friday night.....Yours has a three point hitch on it. Very nice tractor.

"D"- Man

James you did great!  Even received turning brakes, P.T.O. and most of the three point hitch, not to mention the original Goodyear 26-12x12 Turf Savers on the rear.  I say you have yourself a $1,000.00 tractor, Mark.

parsonsponyz

You did real good.  I would give $400 all day for that tractor.  Good score.

• Like 1

JamesC-120

The really nice thing about this tractor is no body has messed with anything at all. And everything is original. It has no dents that I have seen yet.

Thanks so much for all the help everybody, I am sure you will see it on here in the future.

• Like 1