deer_remington

520H electrical issues

deer_remington

I am closing in on completing my restore of a 1990 520h. I have chased electrical issues on this machine until I thought I had them all taken care of. I have replaced the fuse block with 3 individual fuse holders. Replaced the 9 pin connector with individual male/female watertight plugs. Got the whole machine back together and when I crank it the 15 amp fuse blows. Replaced the headlights and taillights but can't get them to work. The 15 amp fuse blew again this afternoon and I noticed with it blown the tach does not work and still can't get the lights to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I guess I will start removal of the freshly painted sheet metal to start looking for a wire with a bare spot on it. Thanks

gwest_ca

The 15 amp fuse powers the lights and all the gauges. Only the tach not working?

Garry

deer_remington

Crazy as it my sound, I took the 15 amp fuse out of the holder and the gage lights still work, the hour meter works, the tach works and the amp gage works and the vacuum gage but no head light or tail lights. When I replaced the fuse block I noticed the 15 and 25 amp fuses were bridged together on the bottom of the fuse block. So I have bridged the 15 and 25 amp fuse holders as well

Edited by deer_remington

Save Old Iron

this may help

post # 7

• Like 1