Woodsie

520H/Predator

Woodsie

Maybe a worn out topic....Has anybody actually done the Predator V-twin to 520H swap?  need to know how bad/good it worked out.

My onan heads are mush. Leaks oil everywhere.  High hours. Too much $$ to rebuild.  any reply will be appreciated.

I'm gettin ready to HF it.

fireman

I have heard great things about that v-twin. Haven't seen any swapped into a Wheel Horse yet. Go on YouTube. There are some videos out there. Most important thing I've heard is to run at idle for like 1/2 hour to break in the engine and seat the rings. All the stores around here don't actually carry it in stock. They told me its online order only. I've been watching it myself for a project tractor I'm working on. If it goes on sale for less then the $699 price im gonna pull the trigger and get one.

Wishin4a416

Its on sale right now for 699 and I entered coupon code 21741290 and it took it and brought it down to 524.

• Like 1

niftynoah

I dont know much about the big predators but all of my friends have nothing but good things to say about the 6.5-7hp ones.I have a greyhound,pre-predator,before honda sued the manufacturer for making it too closely,almost exactly like,a honda gx160.thats when they changed it to a predator and revised it enough to satisfy honda. i love my greyhound.

Edited by niftynoah

Woodsie

Pretty sure the predator has a 1" shaft so i will have to make a keyed sleeve to 1 1/8. Height shouldn't be a big deal with a plate.  i am worried about motor center, shaft length, etc.  Hard to believe nobody has gone this route yet. 

• Like 1

Howie

I did see that listed somewhere with an 1 1/8 shaft and 22 amp alternator.

David

sgtsampay

Well i know the 13hp 420cc clone has bearing support shafts in them. The v twin if you look at the parts diagram doesn't seem to have bearing though as the smaller clones do. Thats just what I have found. If only someone were to take one apart so we can all see for ourselves.

shallowwatersailor

I haven't seen the twin Predator engine displayed in the store, but the new 11,000 Watt generator uses this engine. It is in the stores

Don1977

Well i know the 13hp 420cc clone has bearing support shafts in them. The v twin if you look at the parts diagram doesn't seem to have bearing though as the smaller clones do. Thats just what I have found. If only someone were to take one apart so we can all see for ourselves.

They say in the description it has bearings, but like you say the parts list doesn't show any .