Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

is it true

jerrell

:banghead: is it true that tecumseh engines mfg, is shutting down and going out o business?? i read a post in another site that said this, i haven't seen it in the news yet.. said parts would be available for one year only.... if this is true what are you fellows going to do that own the T engines???/ jerry

saguaro

Just read. They are closing plant's in USA and moving to E Europe, India, Asia. :banghead:

500+ jobs lost

Search The New York Times /Buisness

jerrell

:banghead: :USA::omg: Now that chaps my butt, another co, going overseas for cheap labor....if i didnt already not like the T engine i would not buy one after this.

CasualObserver

will one of you post a link to a source? I'm searching but can't find anything about it.

CasualObserver

I don't see any current news at the ny times.... I see multiple articles published a couple years ago ( 2000-2004 ), but nothing from today. the article you linked is from April 9th, 2003. (look right under the headline) There's also nothing at CNN.

saguaro

My bad that's 2003 :banghead:

T-Mo

Here's one news report, dated Oct. 10, 2008

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=9157282

Another one from Oct. 9, 2008

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/oc...-shutting-down/

One more from Oct. 9, 08

http://www.wbir.com/money/story.aspx?storyid=66122&catid=92

Seems like the one closing is the one in Dunlap, Tn with 180 jobs lost.

jerrell

:omg: even tho i don't like them, (have 3-13.5 hP, sitting in shop) i still hate to see the job loss,,

:banghead: hey T-MO why did you change your name, now i will have to look it up x times to remembe who you are, :USA:

T-Mo

Jerrell,

Name change came about because most of the guys here call me T-Mo anyways. :banghead:

Drydock

If you want to blame someone for the closing of the Dunlap plant, look no further than your average idiot congressman, who last month placed further eviormental restrictions on small engines, thus making the flatheads produced in Dunlap untenable for production. I've got one, an LH318 made this last march in Dunlap, a wonderful motor that has been lovingly shoehorned into a Lawn Ranger.

HorseFixer

This really bites!! :banghead: what do you guys think this is gonna do to part sales in the long haul? :USA:

Duke

willy victor

I just bought a snow blower last year with one of their engines, what do I do now?

Willy

Docwheelhorse

I just bought a snow blower last year with one of their engines, what do I do now?

Willy

Send it to me.... :hide:

Tony

willy victor

Thanks Tony I needed a laugh.

Willy

BairleaFarm

Willy

Nothing. Parts will still be around for years.

HarleyMan46929
:thumbs:

Old Iron

Willy

The guy at the shop near me says the parts are now double of what they were since they closed their doors!!! :thumbs: