sdhdcouple

well what do you think off this?

sdhdcouple

Well I have always liked the looks of the old Wheel Horse tractors, just have no knowledge of them and make my choice to buy on looks.  So here is the tractor I am making the 4 hour trip to add to my tractor collection.  I am not sure a lot about it due to lack of knowledge of Wheel Horse.  Maybe you guys can help with info on her.

Here is what I know about it:  (info is from current owner)

he is 2nd owner and bought it from 1st owner back in 1974

it has mower deck, front plow and snow blower

he says it is a 1257

six speed

and he sent the following pictures.

any help on this tractor would be great and thanks

post-14846-0-13768900-1426711582.jpg

post-14846-0-06379400-1426711583.jpg

post-14846-0-76173000-1426711583.jpg

post-14846-0-80488400-1426711584.jpg

post-14846-0-41120800-1426711585.jpg

• Like 3

Racinbob

Very nice Ric. That looks like it will clean up great.What kind of help are you needing?

Edited by Racinbob

Dan Matz jr

Welcome to red square!Looks real nice. Not sure what your paying for it but I'd buy it for a Good price.

Racinbob

Check out the manuals section here. You'll find a bunch of good stuff there for the downloading.

Edited by Racinbob

sdhdcouple

well I guess I am wanting to know if the info I was giving is correct.  Can you guys tell what model it is by the pictures?  and also is the six speed a common item on a Wheel Horse?  and I guess last what do you guys think it is worth with all three attachments.  He says it runs and he mowed with it until the year before last.  He is an old gentlemen and it was just getting to hard for him to operate so he bought a new tractor.

I just don't want to go blind to close the deal I guess.

squonk

67 is the first year for the hi/lo trannys.  A 1257 should be a 4 spd and a 1267 has the Hi/ lo. Either it's a 1267 or someone swapped a trans. Look on the hood /steering stand for an id plate

Ken B

If it were me I'd clean that one up real well and leave it. it looks to be in super shape. How much is he asking?

• Like 2

Kelly

Looks like it will clean up nice, seat has been replaced but is a newer WH seat, yes it's a 6 speed I see both shifter, blower is for a newer tractor will not fit that one unless he has a front mount to adapt it, and I don't see one in pic, but ask if he has one. 

sdhdcouple

he said he the blower came with the tractor when he bought it, but he has never used it.  but he got the blower in 74 from the other owner.  he has used the plow and the mower, so he knows they work with the tractor. I will ask about the adapter plate.  does anyone have a picture of one so I know what to look for?

I plan on just cleaning it and leaving it as a non restore survivor tractor.

I get everything for $500

I think it a good offer, but I come with that from Allis chalmers / Simplicity or cub cadet buying.

• Like 1

Racinbob

That's a good buy. I do think it's a 1267 with the 6 speed but the model number on the tag will confirm it. Kelly knows better than I do but I'm thinking that blower will work. It bolts to the frame and doesn't use the attach-a-matic front mount. That mount wasn't available in 67 but it could be adapted to it. Is there a tag on the blower?

can whlvr

nice lookin tractor :thumbs:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Imho, 500 for everything is a good price, but if he wants 500 I bet you can get it for 400 when you pull 20 ,,twenty dollar bills out of your pocket. Give him the jesse james approach. PLUS the attachments, bonus bonus bonus,,,ding ding ding,,,,best of luck, keep us posted.

Glenn

boovuc

If that seat with the Wheelhorse logo isn't ripped and if it can be cleaned up, that is worth 50 bucks alone or more if it is really nice after cleaning up. That will make a nice stractor and you get the implements right off the bat!

neil

She is a nice tractor , paintwork looks in excellent condition , good price, the dozer looks to be for a long frame tractor but will still fit your tractor,make sure you pick up the dozer blade handle & the bracket that goes on the trans axle so that the blade can be attached , it may already be on the tractor.

One other thing, you will now be looking for another tractor to keep her company , if you are not looking yet you soon will be.

Have fun with your new horse, you're gonna love it

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Looks good. The blowers came with several attachment kits.  If  that is a bolt in the mounting bracket, it will bolt to the frame. If it is a welded bar you will need the front tach-a-matic[, or alter it to bolt to the frame.

To use the blower, you will also need the two pieces to lift the blower.   They are the red parts in the picture...the "FLAG' and the push pipe.  The unpainted parts are for attaching lift assist springs.

.post-7208-0-42752200-1426738260.jpg

Good luck and :text-welcomewave: to :rs:

squonk

She is a nice tractor , paintwork looks in excellent condition , good price, the dozer looks to be for a long frame tractor but will still fit your tractor,make sure you pick up the dozer blade handle & the bracket that goes on the trans axle so that the blade can be attached , it may already be on the tractor.

One other thing, you will now be looking for another tractor to keep her company , if you are not looking yet you soon will be.

Have fun with your new horse, you're gonna love it

On my 1267 I had to use a long frame plow. I have a shortie but it wouldn't work. With filled tires it's a plowin animal!  :bow-blue:

RedRanger

On my 1267 I had to use a long frame plow. I have a shortie but it wouldn't work. With filled tires it's a plowin animal!  :bow-blue:

I thought the 10xx and 12xx were long frames?  Am I wrong?

They have longer hoods and longer wheelbase than the short framed tractors of that era.

RedRanger

67 is the first year for the hi/lo trannys.  A 1257 should be a 4 spd and a 1267 has the Hi/ lo. Either it's a 1267 or someone swapped a trans. Look on the hood /steering stand for an id plate

:text-+1: That's a 1267 unless someone swapped both the trans and the hood decals.  Great find, and good price.  I'd try for $400-$450 with those attachments.  You'll put another $400 into her quickly just fixing her up.  belts, gaskets, filters, battery,bearings, tune up, etc....

Edited by RedRanger

sdhdcouple

That's a 1267 unless someone swapped both the trans and the hood decals.  Great find, and good price.  I'd try for $400-$450 with those attachments.  You'll put another $400 into her quickly just fixing her up.  belts, gaskets, filters, battery,bearings, tune up, etc....

Well that Brings up another great point, Is there a good place to buy those kind of parts to keep her running.  Not really a "well it is close enough it should work" kind of person.  I hate hearing that from a parts supplier.

RedRanger

Well that Brings up another great point, Is there a good place to buy those kind of parts to keep her running.  Not really a "well it is close enough it should work" kind of person.  I hate hearing that from a parts supplier.

I've been going through the same thing with my 867 I bought a couple months ago.  There are some good deals on this website from other members who supply replacement parts and used parts.  Posting up in the want ads here will get you the parts you  need fast.  As for belts...stick with original Wheel Horse/Toro parts.  I've made the mistake of ordering aftermarket belts that fit and operate like doody.  Your local Toro dealer can still get a lot of parts and you can find the rest on-line.

You can download the owners manual and all the info you need for it here as well.

That tractor will look great just cleaning it, degreasing it, and polishing it up.  I'd probably paint the rims though.

I've got the 8hp version of the same tractor, only because I couldn't find a big block locally in as nice of shape.  Nice find.

post-14487-0-89584100-1426801579_thumb.j

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 1

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  Thanks for the pictures. I guess these are kind of rare around here and I get around. I have never seen one before, as I only collect 67`s my self. Clean her up and she will run for ever with good p.m. schedule. Take care and enjoy the ride. Gary   B.

sdhdcouple

Well I made it official, she is now at the house.  went up and bought her loader it up and made it home.  to dark to unload her now.

• Like 3

Retired Wrencher

Well I made it official, she is now at the house.  went up and bought her loader it up and made it home.  to dark to unload her now.

:happy-jumpeveryone:  :greetings-clappingyellow:  :wwp:  I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Take of it and it will take care of you. Gary   B... 

AMC RULES

Congratulations, nice looking  :wh: there.    :thumbs: