nylyon

Any volunteers for the RedSquare live feed?

wallfish

The little adapter kit for the cameras finally showed up after a long journey and...... has the wrong connectors. Ordered adapters to save time and money so just waiting for those to show up now. Once those show up, I'll connect some cameras and send a live shot to youtube to see how it goes. We still need a mobile camera to get those close up shots to make it a bit more entertaining.

• Like 1

stevebo

Just when I thought I could get away from the "real world" for a few days and then this happens :eusa-whistle:

AMC RULES

Are you implying  :rs: isn't the "real" world?    :teasing-poke: 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

stevebo

Well ...... Let's just say that when I get to the show nobody back home is watching what I buy or how many stogies I smoke.... :hide:

• Like 3

SALTYWRIGHT

EVERY ONE IS WATCHING YOU STEVE.     

• Like 2

stevebo

Come on Russ ....... :banghead:

Racinbob

John, I'm still following this and want to help out. You're certainly doing your part as you mentioned in our PM's. Thank you for what you're doing and I think this will happen.

wallfish

Well ...... Let's just say that when I get to the show nobody back home is watching what I buy or how many stogies I smoke.... :hide:

Gave me a good idea Steve!

I wonder if Mrs. Bo will finance this operation so she can keep an eye on you. Can you please ask her if she will donate your laptop for the cause?

• Like 1

stevebo

Forget it John are u nuts???

Ken B

Indeed Steve, What goes on at the BIG SHOW STAYS at the BIG SHOW.

• Like 2

stratostar250

I'm not a complete whiz with this stuff, But I'm pretty sure I'm probably tech savvy enough to the point if you guys need any help, I'm sure I can assist!  If any of you would like, or need the help setting this up!

chex313

If there is At&t data, I have enough (30GB/month) to run a hot spot for the length of time I am there...I can bring a separate phone to take my pic's. You can keep the phone by the laptop. It could save a bit of data on your mifi. (Or we could just watch Netflix movies  :) )

I am checking coverage there now...EDIT: The map shows LTE (Whether it's accurate or not, that's another matter) .

Edited by chex313

nylyon

There's a member here who lives in the town.  I believe that he has Sprint and that coverage at the show is very poor.  When I was there last year, I had Verizon (have AT&T now) and they had great coverage.  It's my understanding that Verizon is about the only carrier with good service at the show, but of course these things change regularly. 

• Like 1

squonk

I know my AT &T stuff has never worked worth a hill of beans there for 5 yrs.518109581avatar_zpso7ozhc8k.gif

stratostar250

I will also agree, I have AT&T, and last year, had next to no service.  Only would catch a bar here and there, and not even 3G.

rmaynard

It's my understanding that Verizon is about the only carrier with good service at the show, but of course these things change regularly. 

Just did a check when I was in the area recently, and AT&T is still almost non-existent. I am an AT&T user, so I got myself a Verizon throw-away phone with a 30 day pay-as-you-go card to use while I'm there. I just buy a new card each year for the show.