nylyon

Any volunteers for the RedSquare live feed?

nylyon

Due to my daughters H.S. Graduation, I won't be attending the 2015 WHCC Show.  I had planned to do the live feed again so looking for a volunteer who can help?

Last year, I used YouTube to do the live feed and just had a laptop (borrowed from Terry redoyourhorse.com) and a Verizon pre-paid cellular hot-spot.

Racinbob

I'd be more than willing to assist but I'm not sure I'm puter savvy enough to pull it off myself. Maybe a team effort? I know how much I enjoyed the videos last year and it would be great to have them again for the folks who can't make it. If there's something I can do just point my nose in the right direction.

Edited by Racinbob

nylyon

I'm good with team effort!  

wallfish

I have a bunch of these Bosch digital security cameras. If used with a converter like this $21 thingy on ebay and a computer, we could set up a few cameras. Just not sure how to live stream it. Maybe set them up high on the infield pole showing 4 directions??? Can't remember if there is a power outlet at the bottom of the pole or not but I think there is. They would be limited to where they can be set up because they need video cable and power wire which I can supply.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Channel-BNC-To-USB-Converter-DVR-Adapter-Camera-Quad-Video-Switcher-/191162841563?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c823179db

I can send the cameras and needed cables to you so you can test it out if you want to try it. I'll even order the converter too since it's only $21

Just throwing this out as an option

post-658-0-80544100-1426607347_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

nylyon

I'm not sure either?  I used this last time: 

https://www.youtube.com/my_live_events

When you begin, it gives you a URL, which I simply put into RS and it allowed everyone to watch.  I went the Youtube route because:

1. it's free

2. Very easy to setup

If there were more than one person recording, could use multiple youtube accounts.  We're limited to 10GB total though as that's all the Verizon box could support.

Racinbob

That's an interesting setup wallfish but I'm not sure it's needed. Karl, was a typical computer camera used? Possibly using one of those Bosch units through an adapter would up the quality? I'll look into that youtube link to see what I can learn. I've never tried that before. This looks to be a good start to making it happen. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

nylyon

The original plan was for my MacBook pro to use the built in camera, but the hard drive broke. I borrowed Terry's laptop and used it. I think that any device which the computer recognizes could be used, it would just need to be tested first.

Racinbob

This may not be as complicated as I first thought. I just got set up on youtube and could have livestreamed me picking my nose :eek: Now it's just the computer, camera and Verison hot spot? Didn't Red Square have a tent there where a lot of the video was done?

Oops! Typing at the same time Karl.

Edited by Racinbob

wallfish

I'll see what I can come up with for a stationary overall shot for a video feed. Just ordered that adapter and I can always set it up for my house if it's not needed.

I'm more interested in something I can set up and forget so I can enjoy the show without having to walk around with a laptop. Plus it's impossible to get an overall view from the ground so maybe we can switch back and forth or something. Maybe get an overall shot of Cruise Night.

We could strap a GoPro onto Stevebo since he always covers a lot of ground. Maybe make an instructional video on "The Art of Making the Deal".

Racinbob

Sounds great wallfish. Check the video quality of those Bosch cameras. I don't have a laptop suitable but I'm sure somebody would be willing to use theirs. I think I would have to use my youtube account so I'll play around with that. I'm also going to watch last years videos again to see what was done from the tent and what was done walking around. It was great last year and I'd like to try to do as well.

953 nut

:woohoo:   If there is some grunt work to be done, or it is idiot-proof and we need people to man the equipment I would be happy to help where I can. I plan to be there all day Friday and Saturday.

wallfish

The quality of the cameras are good enough for bank security because that's where they came from, so they should be good enough for our purposes. I might have some different lenses for them too and an old tower computer to use but can't remember if that was recycled or not.

Took a quick peek at the Verizon wireless hot spot stuff but those require a 2 year contract. Verizon definitely has the best coverage for that area so we'll need to figure something out. Wonder if that house next to the fairgrounds has cable internet??? $50 bucks, some wire, an extender and an access point would work, I have those too.

squonk

May be we can do a "How NOT to get a Tractor Started" video!  :ROTF:  :ychain:

nylyon

Actually NONE of the video's were at the area where most of the RS members gathered.  I took the video's from several areas.  First up was at Mike Martino's area where I tried to capture the starting of all the machines at the same time.  Second was the parade where I went to where Bill was announcing.  I set up the laptop in one of the buildings and stood guard to make sure no one got too close to the video.

And my favorite part...  in the wagon of Burly's articulated monster during the 50's evening!

Wrapped it up at Terry (vinylguy's) tent where people just came by to say hello.

The disadvantage for me was it was my first time, and I wasn't prepared when things were happening, nor did I know where to stand.  Also, I had everything pre-setup on my MacBook which was DOA when I got to the show.  Terry saved the day and lent me his, but it took a while to get things going on there.

Racinbob

Karl, I watched the videos again from the perspective of getting involved this year. I'm realizing the different locations now. I'm liking the idea of a remote camera. Not as in a different location but maybe something like wallfish suggests on a tripod next to where ever the computer is at. I think that would allow a better camera angle in some circumstances. The youtube livestream is certainly easy enough so as I see it now here's my questions. Is anyone willing to loan their laptop? The Verizon thing? Use my youtube or Red Squares? Monitoring for copyright violations like what happened last year?

Dan Matz jr

When is the show?

When is the show?

When is the show?

rmaynard

6/26 & 6/27

nylyon

Karl, I watched the videos again from the perspective of getting involved this year. I'm realizing the different locations now. I'm liking the idea of a remote camera. Not as in a different location but maybe something like wallfish suggests on a tripod next to where ever the computer is at. I think that would allow a better camera angle in some circumstances. The youtube livestream is certainly easy enough so as I see it now here's my questions. Is anyone willing to loan their laptop? The Verizon thing? Use my youtube or Red Squares? Monitoring for copyright violations like what happened last year?

If Terry brings his Verizon thingie again, I will buy the data, if not I will buy a Verizon thingie and send it to the show with one of the CT guys.  If there's no volunteers for the laptop, I'll send one of mine as well, but you'll have to know how to use a Mac cause that's all I got!

Racinbob

A Mac is totally foreign to me Karl. Hopefully somebody will chime in here to help out. I'd like to see it happen and we have some time to make it do so.

Brrly1

I'll bring the wagon if needed??? As long as there are No C195's driving around with duals on it!!!

• Like 3

wallfish

Karl, do you remember how much of that 10GB was used last year?

Found the prepaid Verizon Jetpack for the 10GB of data

Is it possible to compress the video? I know FILES can be compressed but not sure about doing it to stream it live. It just seems like 10GB will get used up quick.

Maybe we can spot that crazy C195 and stop it before something happens again. Big Show security!

• Like 2

fireman

I'll bring the wagon if needed??? As long as there are No C195's driving around with duals on it!!!

Now that's funny right there John!!!! That guy is lucky he didn't get an old fashion beat down :kbutt:

• Like 1

nylyon

Karl, do you remember how much of that 10GB was used last year?

Found the prepaid Verizon Jetpack for the 10GB of data

Is it possible to compress the video? I know FILES can be compressed but not sure about doing it to stream it live. It just seems like 10GB will get used up quick.

Maybe we can spot that crazy C195 and stop it before something happens again. Big Show security!

If I recall it was right around 5GB for the weekend.

Brrly1

Jeff, he came so very close!!! I'm sure everybody remembers that I wasn't happy. I think the mood at the time was where is that blankety blank at. Just moreless wanted to!!!!!

nylyon

I still feel badly about that BUT I am also glad I wasn't IN the wagon when it was hit.  My head doesn't need any more jarring... :)

• Like 1