wallfish

Multi use products

wallfish

My wife always complains when I come in from the shed smelling of gasoline. I've tried the hand cleaners with orange, dish soap, ect. and many different products but nothing seemed to work. Some were definitely better than others but since she quit smoking 15 years ago, she can smell a fart in the wind. Really amazing sometimes but not so much for a guy who's always playing around in the shed with engines.

Anyway, I discovered that if I wash my hands with any kind of soap and then wash them again with Edge Gel shaving cream, she doesn't notice anything but thinks I put on deoderant or something. Seems to work well for gasoline and PB Blaster too. The smell from the Edge also seems to fade away pretty quick too.

P.S. I also use PB blaster as a repellent for her once in a while, she can't stand that stink! PB Blaster also works well for spraying on the snowblower to keep it slick and stop the snow from sticking. Has lasted longer than most products I've tried.

• Like 5

Sparky

My wife always complains when I come in from the shed smelling of gasoline. I've tried the hand cleaners with orange, dish soap, ect. and many different products but nothing seemed to work. Some were definitely better than others but since she quit smoking 15 years ago, she can smell a fart in the wind. Really amazing sometimes but not so much for a guy who's always playing around in the shed with engines.

Anyway, I discovered that if I wash my hands with any kind of soap and then wash them again with Edge Gel shaving cream, she doesn't notice anything but thinks I put on deoderant or something. Seems to work well for gasoline and PB Blaster too. The smell from the Edge also seems to fade away pretty quick too.

P.S. I also use PB blaster as a repellent for her once in a while, she can't stand that stink! PB Blaster also works well for spraying on the snowblower to keep it slick and stop the snow from sticking. Has lasted longer than most products I've tried.

I coated the chute of my walk-behind blower with PB Blaster this year and I also thought it worked great.

Good tips on the repellant.. :eusa-whistle:  .

Mike..........

Ed Kennell

PB it is next winter.   I always have that close by.

squonk

John, You really need to STOP drinking gasoline!  :)  :ychain:

wallfish

John, You really need to STOP drinking gasoline!  :)  :ychain:

I know, it's coming out of my pores. Haven't found a solution for that yet.

I'm surprised I didn't get more ball busting for that stunt

• Like 1

stevebo

I used pb on the chute too this year and did a nice job. The best hand cleaner I found for gas smell ( I hate it too) is the cherry scented hand cleaner at the chain stores (not sure the correct name of it).  I spent the entire weekend out in the barn with the stove going so it was nice and toasty in there. I changed lots of fluids this weekend and charges a few batteries too.....

ronwh

Toothpaste does a pretty good job of removing gasoline smell from your hands.

Ron

prondzy

Downy fabric softener works awesome too

Coadster32

All really cool tips...thanks. I found the areo-kroil smells worse than PB Blaster. Not a big fan of it myself.

I like the wife-repellant part. :laughing-lettersrofl:

Ken B

Too funny John, my wife HATES the smell of Gasoline and Pb blaster as well. By far she hates the smell of cigars the most and she never gets tired of telling me either..

wallfish

PB Blaster as a repellent has been used very successfully to get out of the honey-do-list when it's something I don't feel like doing at the time. It would certainly loose it's effectiveness if she could just let me do things without hanging around to bark orders and say how I'm doing it wrong. That'll never happen though!

Coadster, What's this areo-kroil super O.L.repellent you speak of?

20 year old varnished gasoline is by far the best but it lingers waaaay too long. Accidently spilled some on my new $150 boots one time and had to throw them out. That stuff is brutal! It would make for a good prank to get back at an enemy by pouring a little onto the carpet of their car.