RMCIII

Life - Keeping me busy

RMCIII

Ever wonder why life has to be so demanding? You would think that after a few decades, life would start to become more relaxed. As it turns out, it's just the opposite. With experience, seems to come, more WORK! My wife became ordained last month. This was something that we have been working to get done, so additional doors can be opened, in the prison ministry God has blessed us with.

So now we are traveling quite a bit and visiting (3) prisons on a regular basis. Lake Erie Corrections, OSP, and Northeast Pre-Release. Not to mention the quarterly news letter that is sent out to some 150 viewers. Top that off with now we have our 501C3 covering and it comes just in time to start fund raising for the ministry........ :deadhorse: < Feeling like a dead horse!

Now this does not include my work...... Some 60hrs. plus a week average..... :eusa-think: Top that off with my company wants to see about getting a branch office in Cleveland.... < This is no small matter. The branch is expected to generate some $750k of revenue on it's own. Plus support numerous locations.... In order for the financial justification to be met, there needs to be revenues, on the books...... These revenues are all "off-site" locations. How does one generate $750k in revenues in 1 year when there are no leads, no info, no records, to go from...... HUSTLE! Right now we have about $300k on the books, plus the revenue we are doing inside the Icon hotel. :deadhorse: < Now I am a dead horse. Needless to say, all of this has left little time for me to be on-line and chatting with all of you. Hope you all have been doing well and your 2015 has started out to be a fantastic one. Will check in from time to time, but will definitely not have the time this year to be hanging out, like I have in the past.... Wishing you all the best.

Rob

• Like 1

nylyon

I've noticed the same, guess that's why retirement looks so attractive later on :)

• Like 1

chazm

Retirement..   . :eusa-think:     What is this "Retirement"  you speak of  ????   :scratchead:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

It's a myth.

:teasing-poke:

• Like 1

oliver2-44

God Bless you and your wife for your prison ministry work. 

My wife and I did that for a year but dropped it when she got a new job that required traveling to Austin 3-4 days a week

papaglide

Rob, keep in mind that God wouldn't put all of this on your plate if He didn't think that you couldn't handle it. Good luck and God bless!

RMCIII

Rob, keep in mind that God wouldn't put all of this on your plate if He didn't think that you couldn't handle it. Good luck and God bless!

We keep telling ourselves that, but sometimes, it is really hard to understand that when you are going through it.

Rob

RMCIII

God Bless you and your wife for your prison ministry work. 

My wife and I did that for a year but dropped it when she got a new job that required traveling to Austin 3-4 days a week

I understand that. Prison ministry does take a lot of time....

Rob

rmaynard

I've noticed the same, guess that's why retirement looks so attractive later on :)

The problem with retirement is that people think you don't have anything to do, so...it's Bob, can you do this?, or Bob can you do that? Some days I wonder if I should have ever told anyone that I was retired.

• Like 2

chazm

The problem with retirement is that people think you don't have anything to do, so...it's Bob, can you do this?, or Bob can you do that? Some days I wonder if I should have ever told anyone that I was retired.

Or... Change your name.... :dance:

• Like 2

duke

Say, if you reach even just one soul for Christ Jesus, it is a priceless thing that you two are doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

RMCIII

Say, if you reach even just one soul for Christ Jesus, it is a priceless thing that you two are doing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke, could not agree more. It's a very humbling and sentimental experience. I think sometimes the prisoners touch us more than we touch them with encouragement. Edited by RMCIII