Cutlas3391

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lifts Not Bad For The Price

glgrumpy

I got one last year, made a 2x extentions on it. Find the ramp is not that good, but two auto ramps I have are just right height to the table and easier to push up and move out of way then the big ramp, which is kinda short really.  I now have a Speedex up on there was gonna start on last year, still there, nothing done. Ramp takes alot of room. I find it kinda rocky with bigger tractors on it. Had MTD 990 on it once and plenty big enough tractor for the lift. The lift does rock a little for me when raised.  With extensions I made had to make the foot levers longer at the pivot shaft to come out to side more and be usable. Mine seems to be wider than what is shown here, maybe too wide and can't get real close to the tractor once up. You CAN adjust to diff heights, don't need to be all the way up if you wish. Has lock lever/tab thing to hold once up. You WON"T be lifting it up and leaning on wall, at least I can't! It has two straight wheels and casters one end. Feet come down at caster end to make more stable and lift wheels off floor a bit. PIA to move them back up to roll it around again. Need plenty of room to move it then. Mine is not used, maybe should try it again, and is now just a collector of junk 'saved" for later work time. Probly didn't need it and surely not using it correctly then, just taking up space, which I have little of. Have seen pix of homemade ones on web that are smaller and nicer it seems, but then aren't movable, usually up against a wall and uses hoist to lift up. Those are open on bottom to reach under if needed, one thing this unit is not. You CAN see better up under than when on floor I guess.

Brrly1

Guess I'll stay on the floor

baerpath

I used one of them at a friends, went out and bought a better one. Mine handled the D250 with tiller fine .

Bobster

My wife bought this lift for me.  l just finished putting aluminum walk board down each side to widen it.  I think I am going to like it

IMG_0560.JPG

• Like 3

876wheelhorse

if you widen the table to fit the tires fully on the table, how does that make the table feel? my concerns that it may become alittle top heavy and tip over? would making the bottom alittle wider be a good idea?

• Like 1

Bobster

I didnt notice it being unstable in any way.  I love it.  I used it the other day to put my K181 on the 857 frame,  I had the engine mounted on a high work cart.  I raised the lift to it's max.  It was about 3 inches lower tha the cart.  Using a piece of plywood, I slid the engine over onto the lift.  Then I parked the tractor at the end of the lift and let the lift down on the front wheels.  Then I slid the engine onto the tractor, All by my self.  Pretty neat.  Love it

baerpath

I used mine today 1600lb modified Could be a little bigger table thoughIMG_0293.thumb.JPG.eaa35f473f5c86dd457d1IMG_0294.thumb.JPG.5603001517901c9ee0714

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

These are on sale 8/21 - 8/23 for $297

• Like 2

Jerzguy2

These are on sale 8/21 - 8/23 for $297      I can't find sale information anywhere about them being on sale.

WNYPCRepair

It was in a flyer here about a parking lot sale this weekend

953 nut

Just looked on the internet, they are $429.99 at our store now, I'll have to check back on 8/21.

WNYPCRepair

this is the ad

image.jpg

• Like 2

Jerzguy2

Thanks for the add. Just looked it up and it came up 329.99 here in Jersey. Guess you have to get better prices for dealing with all the snow.

WNYPCRepair
I think it is $329 here this week, and drops for the parking lot sale

Jerzguy2

Just got mine,  $296.76. Get to damn old and fat to bend down and not supposed to kneel on the new knees, so this seemed like the way to go. It's not a light one though, thought it would fit in my little car, but had to use the Yukon, 90" box, 350lbs.   

• Like 1

953 nut

Glad to hear some HFs had the good price at the sidewalk sale, ours was at $ 499,no deal!   :(

WNYPCRepair

I decided against it. It was just too narrow for my taste, I would constantly be worried it was going to fall off. And the xi is right at the upper weight limit. 

bmsgaffer

I decided against it. It was just too narrow for my taste, I would constantly be worried it was going to fall off. And the xi is right at the upper weight limit. 

You would be over the limit...

A bit over 1020 lbs dry, and I sure as heck wouldn't be testing the carrying capacity of a HF stand... even just 20lbs + gas
:hide:

Edited by bmsgaffer
  • Like 3

WNYPCRepair

You would be over the limit...

A bit over 1020 lbs dry, and I sure as heck wouldn't be testing the carrying capacity of a HF stand... even just 20lbs + gas
:hide:

Agreed

Texas Todd

Well, I had the same idea many of you did. Modified with some 3/4 plywood. May still be a tad narrow for the 520-H but fits the 312 just fine. Looking forward to not standing on my head!

20160616_143046_resized.jpg

20160615_171118_resized_1.jpg

• Like 2

squonk

I have a nice oak door all set to bolt on to one  if the stupid things ever go on sale again. Figures. I've been ready to by one for 4 months and they are stuck at $429.  :rolleyes::rolleyes::ranting::ranting:

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Bought mine for $299 last weekend. Father's Day gift to meself!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
2 hours ago, TVR said:

Well, I had the same idea many of you did. Modified with some 3/4 plywood. May still be a tad narrow for the 520-H but fits the 312 just fine. Looking forward to not standing on my head!

20160616_143046_resized.jpg

20160615_171118_resized_1.jpg

Looks great!

What are the measurements of it when it is down? I would love to have one, but I don't think I have room.

Great idea for the tire machine, too.

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Its 38"x 96" just ripped the width. Shoulda done 40" 

The 512 may be a touch wide but everything else is good. The tire machine worked well, for what it is.

Put 5 3/4" runners beneath to keep it from twisting. 

Edited by TVR
  • Like 2

WNYPCRepair

I have one of them, only changed one set, but it worked fine. I would have paid $20 to have the two changed, so it will pay for itself after 2 more. :)

I don't think I can get 8' in mine, I'll have to check