Cutlas3391

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lifts Not Bad For The Price

Cutlas3391

I bought the harbor freight lift for 299.00 not bad for lifting up the wheel horses. I'll have to custom some wider plates to the side for wider tractors. Otherwise very impressed with the quality of the lift... The 420 lse is on the lift in the pictures.post-8224-142634707362_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142634708515_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142634709551_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142634710475_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142634711672_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142634712466_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142634713204_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

KC9KAS

Very nice. I have thought about that same purchase.

It is on sale locally now ($299)

Yea, maybe a little narrow!

Nice looking herd in the barn.

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 1

Pollack Pete

How easily does it store? Maybe lean it up against a wall? What is the height when it's all the way down and sitting on the floor? How about maximum height? Sorry for so many questions.Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 2

limited12

i have been using one for a year, it is great for working on your tractors, i know you will enjoy the lift                               post-8253-0-52521800-1426349429_thumb.jp

• Like 8

squonk

I'd be chaining that tractor down or getting it off and build those extensions before going any farther! 

• Like 2

formariz

I also bought one a couple of months ago. It works great, but the extensions are a must for safety sake. Carefull lowering it with a tractor on top. Mine has a trigger like control that if you are not carefull it will drop it in one shot. It sits about 6 inches high in the lowered position (wood extensions will of course make it higher). It is real easy to push around unloaded and I actually move it back and forth with a tractor on top. Since I have some real heavy machines that if not running I cannot push them up the ramp by myself, I installed a winch with a remote control on the shed back wall which allows me to steer the tractor and acticate the winch at the same time. So that the winch does not also pull the lift I modified the adjustable stabilizers by removing the pads and grinding them to a point that sticks to my plywood floor when using it. Nothing like working on a tractor with a straight back being able to see stuff that ordinarily one would have to be on their knees sticking ones head under the hood, and also having a place to keep your tools handy.

Here was the frustrating part of purchasing mine. They actually list two models one being called a motorcycle/ATV lift with a different product number. When one reads the specs for it it states clearly that it is not only about 6 inches wider than the other one but it also lifts about 4 inches higher. I had to go through 8 different stores until I found the right one in the next state. I buy it, bring it home and then see that it is the same as the other one. Whats the point of listing two different ones when they are the same?

• Like 3

steve k

I bought one of the smaller ones and love it.  You can sit in a chair and work all around it.    Just used some blocks in the center.   wheels come off easy when they are dangling.  

One problem though , it will not go low enough to just slide under this lawn ranger so some fussing around is needed to get it on and off but no big deal for less than $200.

Also use the lift for my hit and miss engines.

post-8332-0-33922500-1426358376_thumb.jp

post-8332-0-69473000-1426358398_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Pollack Pete

thanks Cutlas3391 for the original posting for this lift.I went to the Albany,NY store this afternoon and got one.I've never seen these lifts at HF before,let alone they were on sale until Sun the 15th.I looked at HF web site and they listed 2 different item numbers.One that went 3 or 4 inches higher.Thats the number I wrote down before I left for Albany.When I looked at the lift in the store,I saw that they had 3 different part numbers for this item.The female Albert Einstien that works there gave me the line of BS that all three were exactly the same item.I asked why they would have different part numbers for the exact same item.She sounded like a pre-recorded message when she answered me.I still have no idea what she said.She should go into politics.She'd go real far.I haven't taken the lift out of my truck yet.I'll find out tomorrow which one I got.Gonna have to fab some angle iron and flat stock extensions to widen it up a bit.Thanks again for the info.This is a great deal.Original price-$699.00   On sale price-$429.00   Coupon price-$299.00

• Like 2

Marv

I have one of those. I mounted a sheet of 3/4 plywood on it to widen the platform. Works well for me. Getting "down" to work is no longer a good option for me so having the lift helps a lot.

Marvin

• Like 1

squonk

I bought one of the smaller ones and love it.  You can sit in a chair and work all around it.    Just used some blocks in the center.   wheels come off easy when they are dangling.  

One problem though , it will not go low enough to just slide under this lawn ranger so some fussing around is needed to get it on and off but no big deal for less than $200.

Also use the lift for my hit and miss engines.

I have one of those little tables. It has jus enough oomph to lift my 704. Comes in handy for decks and blowers too!  :thumbs:

• Like 1

boovuc

My back kills me working from a tractor on the floor. I saw these but wondered about the quality. If it's Redsquare tested by some members, it's going to be good enough for me. Now I need a sale on it and a coupon!!!!!

• Like 2

tunahead72

"Parking lot sale" going on right now at Harbor Freight, through Sunday March 15, same prices listed by Pollack Pete.

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

thanks Cutlas3391 for the original posting for this lift.I went to the Albany,NY store this afternoon and got one.I've never seen these lifts at HF before,let alone they were on sale until Sun the 15th.I looked at HF web site and they listed 2 different item numbers.One that went 3 or 4 inches higher.Thats the number I wrote down before I left for Albany.When I looked at the lift in the store,I saw that they had 3 different part numbers for this item.The female Albert Einstien that works there gave me the line of BS that all three were exactly the same item.I asked why they would have different part numbers for the exact same item.She sounded like a pre-recorded message when she answered me.I still have no idea what she said.She should go into politics.She'd go real far.I haven't taken the lift out of my truck yet.I'll find out tomorrow which one I got.Gonna have to fab some angle iron and flat stock extensions to widen it up a bit.Thanks again for the info.This is a great deal.Original price-$699.00 On sale price-$429.00 Coupon price-$299.00

Yea that's the typical harbor freight customer service lol. Actually on mine I found some pallet racking at work I'm going to use for the sides and I'm going to use a boat winch in the front to winch the tractors up. Another sweet thing I did with the lift is rolled the tractor on the lift into my pick up truck off the lift!!! Great price enjoy the lift

Shawn

I'd be chaining that tractor down or getting it off and build those extensions before going any farther!

Belive it or not that pig is tied down really good I rocked the tractor back and worth agrresively and the table wouldn't budge. It's really stable.

Cutlas3391

As soon as I build the sides I'm going to test a Big D200 tractor on there. Just kidding

squonk

Was there a "special coupon" to get it down to $299?

Cutlas3391

But being serious I think for the price it's a great deal and the quality is really good.

Cutlas3391

Was there a "special coupon" to get it down to $299?

Yea there's flyer where I got mine that comes in the mail. Go onto Internet and Google harbor freight motorcycle cycle table and there's a few sites that will let u download the coupon. As there's a super coupon some where I can't find that u can get the lift for 279.00

squonk

I noticed the "Super Coupon" you get with most flyers excludes lifts,jacks, tool storage ect. Of course those are what I want. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

boovuc

They canceled our Outdoor Parking Lot Sale this weekend due to the monsoons that came in. We go from winter wonderland/arctic temps to Rain and 40's. My barometric knees and back are screaming!

• Like 3

Cutlas3391

I figure I make these work for the sidespost-8224-142642943851_thumb.jpg

Horse46

You have just given me an idea  :idea: I have a bike ramp sat in the corner of my garage, not a big one but big enough  :cool:

• Like 1

nylyon

Moved to the "New" Deals and Steals section.

• Like 2

Cutlas3391

Updated the motorcycle lift from harbor freight. Pretty easy way to make the table wider to fit tractors more comfortably. Cut up some pallet racking and bolted together and to the table...

61fa315ed739bdbd5b9c321d9a15b247.jpgpost-8224-142699809728_thumb.jpg

Cutlas3391
627974ce96293e1fe7275f2f96e8a4f3.jpg
  • Like 3