Brrly1

The Final Four!!

stevasaurus

Hey Bob, those pictures are great.  They get big enough if you click on them.  I did not realize how short you were...you are the same height as that Green guy you're standing with.  :)

I thought the Irish looked pretty good last night...it was nice of West Virginia to soften up Kentucky for you guys for Saturday.  OMG  I just hope Notre Dame soften ups Kentucky enough for Wisconsin.  :bow-blue:   No more free rides for Kentucky now...with 3 games left, they will be playing some good teams.  They are going to be tough to beat .  :)

• Like 1

nappypappy

Hey Bob, those pictures are great.  They get big enough if you click on them.  I did not realize how short you were...you are the same height as that Green guy you're standing with.  :)

I thought the Irish looked pretty good last night...it was nice of West Virginia to soften up Kentucky for you guys for Saturday.  OMG  I just hope Notre Dame soften ups Kentucky enough for Wisconsin.  :bow-blue:   No more free rides for Kentucky now...with 3 games left, they will be playing some good teams.  They are going to be tough to beat .  :)

Yeah Irish looked pretty tough and I hope Kentucky can take them but you never know....Go Wildcats.
  • Like 2

Racinbob

That was softening them up?? Kinda like me softening up Mike Tyson if I stepped in the ring with him. :scared-eek::auto-ambulance:

I'm not giving up hope tomorrow night. I think the Irish have the talent if they can handle the Wildcats size. Fortunately I don't think they trash talked them like that WVU player did.

• Like 2

squonk

If you want to soften them up, slip some of this into the Gatorade!

post-2380-0-84676500-1427486611.jpg

• Like 2

stevasaurus

nappypappy...welcome to the back and forth.  :)  If you think I am going to jinx myself and say something bad about Kentucky....Won't happen.  I think the whole country knows they are the cream of the crop this year...and they are.  Like Mr.  Vital said...if it was like the NBA Finals and you had to play best of 7...Kentucky would win hands down.  It is being up for every game and not running into a hot team if you are having a bad night...that is what us Big Ten...and Notre Dame fans are hoping for.  I hope you know this banter is intended to be harmless and a ton of fun...and to promote our rooting for our teams.  Again, welcome to the banter. 

Actually, and this is my opinion, I like the fact that WV was not a force at all.  If Kentucky does walk into the game with Notre Dame thinking it will be the same way...that is dangerous...much like the team that is up by 20 points at half time and comes out flat and blows the game.  Is there a chance that Kentucky will come out flat???  That is what all the other teams are hoping for.  If they get by Notre Dame...they will face the winner of the Wisconsin / Arizona game...that will be their best test.  I can't see Kentucky losing after that...unless...wait for it.................................Kentucky vs Michigan St.   :woohoo:

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

nappypappy

You make some good points but only time will tell now.......so I say GO BIG BLUE.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Speaking for Kentucky... And I can say what they are thinking because they are in the hotel where I have an office. They are not even thinking about that game. It is history. No one mentioned the score, how they played, or what the out come was. It was all about the numbers. Shooting percentage from the filed, percentage from the line, rebounds, ect. They are focused on what they did wrong, where they missed opportunities to capitalize on additional points/rebounds...ect. The team is in humble yet confident mode. The confidence is not overwhelming at all. I talked to Willie Stein when I saw him after his breakfast. WVA is not even in his mind. It's gone, done, they are focusing on ND. That is how a true champion team set's itself up for victory. Ohio State did the same thing. They didn't even talk about the wins they had, they talked about the next team they faced. That is exactly what Kentucky is doing.

RMC

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

stevasaurus

Then we are all in trouble Rob...still looking forward to the games though.  :)

How about that Michigan St.???  :violence-blades:

• Like 1

nappypappy

Looks like Kentucky will have there hands full this next game and Louisville Cards doing pretty good so far too...

Basketball time in Kentucky gets crazy here.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Ya, so do you walk around Louisville with Kentucky sweatshirts on???  :bow-blue:   That has always been one of the best rivalries in college basketball.  :)

stevasaurus

Here is what I have for the picks...from what I can figure out.  Teams in Red are already out.  The underlined pick is for all the marbles...from what I see, RMCIII did not pick a National Champ.  :)

Midwest........West........East.......South

RacinBob                ND               WIS           VIR        DUKE

Brrly1                      KEN             WIS           ISU        UNI

RMCIII                    KEN             WIS           VIL         DUKE

Squonk                    KEN            ARIZ           VIR        DUKE

Stevasaurus            KEN            WIS           MSU       DUKE

Koen                       WVU            WYU         SMU       VCU

Jackhammer           KEN             ARZ           OKU       ISU

HA...looks like I am the only one with a team left in the East Regional.  :woohoo:   Jackhammer, I thought you said you were out of it...I don't think so Mate.  :)  Koen was picking the teams with the best cheerleaders.  :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 4

C-101plowerpower

Here is what I have for the picks...from what I can figure out.  Teams in Red are already out.  The underlined pick is for all the marbles...from what I see, RMCIII did not pick a National Champ.  :)

HA...looks like I am the only one with a team left in the East Regional.  :woohoo:   Jackhammer, I thought you said you were out of it...I don't think so Mate.  :)  Koen was picking the teams with the best cheerleaders.  :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

i thought the cheerleaders is what watching the game's is about?

• Like 4

squonk

In the NFL it is until you go to a game and get some close up shots!  :eusa-whistle:

stevasaurus

Oh Yaa...Wisconsin over Arizona...this sets up Wisconsin vs Kentucky / Notre Dame...knock on wood...here we go.  :)

• Like 1

Racinbob

________________________________________________ I just looked at my heart monitor thingy and that's what I saw.

• Like 3

nappypappy

38-0 enough said

Ya, so do you walk around Louisville with Kentucky sweatshirts on???  :bow-blue:   That has always been one of the best rivalries in college basketball.  :)

Yeah sometimes..why not.
  • Like 1

Racinbob

:no::banghead:   Oh well. It was one heck of a game. I'm looking forward to watching Wisconsin play them. Gonna be another great game. On the positive side. The lady Irish are still looking good!! No Mike......... I mean they are playing great basketball :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3

stevasaurus

RacinBob...that was on heck of a game...it could have gone either way.  My take...Kentucky can be beat....but man they are good.  :)  Pound your self on the chest Mate...Notre Dame played the best game they could...GREEN WITH PRIDE. :orcs-cheers:

Next Saturday...BATTLE OF #1'S...KENTUCKY  VS  WISCONSIN...THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT...TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT.  :)

NappyPappy...if you look above...I predicted this match up...here we go.  :)

AFTER SATURDAY....

• Like 1

nappypappy

:no::banghead:   Oh well. It was one heck of a game. I'm looking forward to watching Wisconsin play them. Gonna be another great game. On the positive side. The lady Irish are still looking good!! No Mike......... I mean they are playing great basketball :orcs-cheers:

Yeah cant take anything away from the Irish....in my book both teams are winners...
  • Like 3

nappypappy

RacinBob...that was on heck of a game...it could have gone either way.  My take...Kentucky can be beat....but man they are good.  :)  Pound your self on the chest Mate...Notre Dame played the best game they could...GREEN WITH PRIDE. :orcs-cheers:

Next Saturday...BATTLE OF #1'S...KENTUCKY  VS  WISCONSIN...THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT...TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT.  :)

NappyPappy...if you look above...I predicted this match up...here we go.  :)

I am looking forward to that match up and whatever the score my end up at they are all winners.....38-0 very nice.
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Just so you all know.....................I have NEVER been this close to being right picking the Final 4 from the start of the Tournament.  If it does end up with the other 2 teams being Michigan St and Duke in the Final 4...I may be gone for a few days.  Just saying.  :):orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers:

• Like 2

nappypappy

Just so you all know.....................I have NEVER been this close to being right picking the Final 4 from the start of the Tournament.  If it does end up with the other 2 teams being Michigan St and Duke in the Final 4...I may be gone for a few days.  Just saying.  :):orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers: :orcs-cheers:

Yeah and good luck with that..
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Wisconsin and Kentucky will come down to the buzzer, in OT! MSU is really playing well. Could it be though an all Kentucky Final! Has that ever happened before with any state?

squonk

Well you big lug, according to your chart, you and I are the only ones having our champion teams still in it. And you have 2 more bullets still in it than me. This is starting to get ridiculous. :angry-tappingfoot:  First the football pool, then the bowl game pool. I'm tired of finishing 2nd banana to my older brother!!! :angry-tappingfoot: (Mom always liked you best! ) :rolleyes:  Although I would rather see a nice team from Wisc win than Kent.  , If you win this contest I would leave your basement. There will be a box of fire ants delivered to your house and they will put an end to my misery!  :banana-linedance:  :banana-linedance:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

Racinbob

Even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted it was still one heck of a game. I was amazed how well ND rebounded against them. With family on my Dad's side in Kentucky and on my Mom's side in Wisconsin I don't have a favorite in that game but it will probably come down to the wire again.

Mike, I'd be more than happy to send up some fire ants for your plan. I'm tired of chasing them over to the neighbors yard. Finally, somebody found a good use for them. :happy-bouncyredfire:

• Like 2