Brrly1

The Final Four!!

Brrly1

What's up?? Had a talk with the head Dino last night! We talked about doing this and we decided to have anyone who is interested to pick the Final Four!! I believe Sunday evening they make the pairings, then everyone will make there picks, Of course you'll pick one from each bracket and from there you'll pick the New National Champion of the NCAA of 2015. It's pretty plain and simple. So sometime between Sunday evening and I'm guessing but I think there will be a couple play in games and they start on Tuesday thru Wednesday evening get your votes in. Steve will be back by Sunday evening and he'll make  a run thru what I just posted. Ok from here on out I wish everybody the Best of Luck.   P.S. If anyone wants to know I'm Not picking Iowa to win it all - sorry hate to disappoint!!! Good Luck Hawkeyes!!!

• Like 1

Racinbob

Sounds like fun. I'll have to ponder about how far my team will go. They looked good last night against Duke but they have an uncanny knack of getting knocked out very early in the tournament. It it were the ladies I'd be thinking differently.

squonk

Picking college  B'Ball is worse than football. If that Dino wins again the Bears have a chance to avoid the cellar this year!  :)

• Like 2

RMCIII

Did someone mention tournament? :woohoo:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

The pairings come out in a couple of hours...pick the winner of each regional (the final 4) and the champion.  should not be too hard to do this year since Illinois fell short.  Iowa stinks...I shouldn't say that...:)  Kentucky will have an undefeated season if they win it all now...not since Indiana did it in the 1970's has that happened.  Have to wait and see who is in their bracket.  March Madness...my favorite time of year.   :) :) :) :) :)

Racinbob

Well, I might as well kick off the picking.

The final four:

Notre Dame

Wisconsin

Virginia

Duke

The champion:

Notre Dame :banana-tux:

Ok guys, quit laughing. Given Notre Dames dismal tournament record, history says that they likely won’t get past Northeastern but I just can’t keep myself from picking them. It certainly wouldn’t be the biggest upset in tournament history. :roll:

• Like 1

Brrly1

So,so, so sad!!! I get told my team stinks!!! yeah, yeah, sure, sure!!! But they beat your teams, didn't they!!! Illinois are they playing in the dance, Nope, I don't even believe Northwestern even made it. Oh yeah let us Not forget the sweep of the Buckeyes!!!! Com'on there Dino you can do better than that!!!! Yes, you can believe that I will most definitely will have one if not two teams from Iowa!!! Besides the Hawkeyes we have the Iowa State Cyclones and University of Northern Iowa Panthers which has a record of 30 - 3. The pairings are out, Start filling them out and then post your bracket winners with a Champion of the 2015 "March Madness". The games start on Thursday, my guess would be have your picks in by Thursday at noon. Good Luck

P.S. Go Hawkeyes, Cyclones an Panthers!!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Did I say Iowa stinks?  Yep...looks like I did, but I did not mean anything bad by that.  Do you know what that smell is like when you pass a dead skunk on the road?  Well, I LIKE THAT SMELL!!!    :)  BTW...no teams from Illinois are represented in the Big Dance.......but a ton of the teams have a player from Illinois on their team.  That says a lot.  :eusa-think:

Brrly1

Yeah right!!! Lol!!! Did I tell you that The State of Iowa has three teams playing in the Big Dance!!!! Oh yeah I guess I did!!!! Snicker, snicker!!! Lol!!!

• Like 1

RMCIII

Are we picking the final 4 or just jousting about teams? :laughing-rofl: Let the picks begin:

Kentucky

Duke

Wisconsin-Arizona

Villanova

I know that is 5 teams..... I am at a coin toss for that pairing. Can I get a by until the Sweet 16 to pick between those 2?

Rob

• Like 1

Brrly1

Rob, that would probably Not work. We need four bracket winners, with the Ncaa 2015 winner! Need them by the time the first game starts but I'm thinking 12:00pm on Thursday. I think that is the way it works with all the other contests, which to me makes the most sense. Squonk is that spelled correctly??? Anyways I like Kentucky but!!! I also like UNI and of course Iowa State. Wisconsin tough but I think they at some point would take on UNI or ISU. The way ISU is playing they look pretty unstoppable.  We'll just have to wait an see!

• Like 1

RMCIII

Rob, that would probably Not work. We need four bracket winners, with the Ncaa 2015 winner! Need them by the time the first game starts but I'm thinking 12:00pm on Thursday. I think that is the way it works with all the other contests, which to me makes the most sense. Squonk is that spelled correctly??? Anyways I like Kentucky but!!! I also like UNI and of course Iowa State. Wisconsin tough but I think they at some point would take on UNI or ISU. The way ISU is playing they look pretty unstoppable.  We'll just have to wait an see!

Ha- I count 5 for you also!

• Like 1

Brrly1

Nope, my teams are in the south and east regions

Brrly1

Yeah I know I'm just more less just doing some thinking out loud. It would be cool if these teams would win, I just don't really know about the likes of Duke and Villanova? You know how I am always a Hawkeye but I think I'm pretty much like everyone else I will always pull for the home state good or bad.

• Like 1

RMCIII

Well, if I have to pick, then it's WIZONA!!!! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

OMG...we all have a sents of humor.  :ROTF:   I will put the winning final 4 teams in tomorrow...non of them will start with an "I" :)  Maybe.  I am giving some serious thought to Iowa St.  I have watched them play a few times this year...and they are from Iowa.  Got ya.  :kbutt:   Sorry..........not !!  Picks and thoughts tomorrow.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

You guys are all whishy- washy. None of us has a clue who will be there because college basketball is as predictable as Cutler's QB rating. ALL OVER THE MAP!  :)  :) So this Banana Head is predicting Kentucky, Arizona, Virginia, And Duke. with Kentucky winning it all. Sports Illustrated has all ready printed up the colored special edition book and has the shirts and hats on the way.

• Like 2

RMCIII

What would really be a buzz kill, if Kentucky loses it's first game! :ychain:  :eusa-think:

• Like 2

squonk

I hope so too. Even though I picked them. Never liked Kentucky. I really hope Gonzaga wins it!

Edited by squonk

RMCIII

I was hoping for Wyoming to be the Cinderella story! :party:

Brrly1

Ok this is the direction I'm going with Kentucky, Wisconsin, Iowa State Cyclones and I'll finish with the University of Northern Iowa. Ill pick the Iowa State Cyclones to bring Home the 2015 NCAA Championship. Yes I'm going with a couple hopefuls but I'm sure I'll here about it but UNI record is 30-3. The Cyclones have been back double digits in the last six games with a win over Kansas for the Big 12 tournament championship. They are hopeful and so am I. The Cyclones would play the Hawkeyes because the play in the same region. I have to believe the Cyclones would win out.     Go Hawkeyes!!!

stevasaurus

OK...here are the real men's picks...no frilly, woman wishing here.  :)

Midwest...Kentucky...final 4 but does not win it all.

East.........Michigan State....just too well coached to not be in it.

South.......Duke...................just too well coached to not be in it.

West........Wisconsin..........just too well coached to not be in it.

NCAA CHAMPION for 2015...Wisconsin

I know...2 Big Ten teams...but remember who they said was the best conference all year...top to bottom.  :)

• Like 1

rmaynard

I'm not picking a final four, and though my heart says Maryland, my son-in-law is a Wisconsin graduate. In order to keep peace in the family, I must pick the Badgers to win it all.

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

for this i just bashed my head on the numpad for numbers. i'll see what happens

Midwest....  5    WVU

East.........  12   WYO

South.......  6     SMU

West.......  7      VCU

Edited by C-101plowerpower
  • Like 1

Brrly1

The fighting illini went down the tubes last night with a Big "thud". I bet Duke got a Big kick out of that!!! Michigan team was at home laughing there A$$ off. Tell me my team stinks is not good, at least they've got a shot of doing the dance which is more than I can say for other teams. Now would we like to discuss the fact of women wishing???? Looks like your wishing went right along with the fighting illini straight down the tubes. Whoopps, almost forgot just seen where there are a player or two signing with the Hawkeyes!!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!! Lol :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl::ychain: :ychain: :)

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1