Sign in to follow this  
Butch

300, 400, 500 Series owners

Butch

I don't have anything to go by. But are all the black painted parts ALL semi gloss

or are there some glossy black parts in there? Are all the dash panels semi-gloss?

Seat mounting brackets?

Thanks

Butch

Duff

I don't have anything to go by. But are all the black painted parts ALL semi gloss

or are there some glossy black parts in there? Are all the dash panels semi-gloss?

Seat mounting brackets?

Thanks

Butch

The PO of my '89 312-8 kept it garaged and washed, so the paint hadn't weathered -- just nicked and scratched from use. All the black parts appeared to be semi-gloss. When I repainted I went with Rustoleum gloss black simply because I like the look better.

As to the seat mounts, I ordered an OEM unit when I was rebuilding mine and it came through semi-gloss black.

Other owners and/or the experts may have better info, though!

Duff :banghead:

jusjeepn

Butch,

My 91 520H has all "semi gloss" black panels. Although I have found semi gloss to actually have more gloss than factory finish. I have found SEM 39143 "trim black" to be closer to a factory finish. This is available in qt's and rattle cans. Can be purchased at just about any auto parts paint supplier. It is generally a little more expensive ($13 rattle cans, $27 qt's) but holds up great! :banghead:

Pat

Butch

Thanks guys. I had bought some Valspar semi gloss spray cans from

TSC but didn't know if any of the parts were gloss.

Butch