Brooksy

520h and 520hc what are they worth

Brooksy

The deck is cut out in the middle also. Not sure if grass comes out there also or not. It just looked sweet lol my bad

Edited by Brooksy

Theroundhousernr

NO problem . Just letting you know. There is baffles in the deck that surround the blades and direct all the grass out the side. If the deck is level the way it should , it all makes it out the side. If its not set and leveled properly, it will usually spit some out the front or rear depending on which way it is cocked. Because the deck height adjuster is on the left side . It is a 48 inch side discharge deck. If it was on the right, it would be a 42 inch side discharge.  Great tractors you got though!

I also find weird stuff like the deck shape aesthetically pleasing on a wheel horse. Every see a deck on a snapper! :eek:  :scared-ghostface:  :ychain:  :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Theroundhousernr

Brooksy

Ahhh just went out and looked I see what your talking about haha. Yea can't wait to get them out this year excited to see how the 48inch deck does compared to my 60inch deck I have for my HC. Love the sound of that thing at 3500rpms!!post-14813-0-01781600-1426469979_thumb.jpost-14813-0-04721800-1426469945_thumb.jpost-14813-0-08880300-1426469894_thumb.j

Theroundhousernr

Here's the result of my 48 inch deck on my 520. No mods.

dd5824ce615fb023b6e55f111cbadfbd.jpg

Sharp blades, setup up according to manual and moderate mowing speed.

Love the black rims on that 520HC. Looks pretty mean.

• Like 1

Brooksy

Yea I can definitely tell the differences between the two. The HC is way wider in the front bigger tires. Obviously the 60incb deck. Also doesn't come with the hub caps or chrome air cleaner lid and the dummy light board is a little different and the HC doesn't have the clutch disengage lever. HC is also a lot faster. Was told the HC is rare is this true? Hell yea grass looks great in that picture can't wait to try mine out!!

Edited by Brooksy

Brooksy

Love the HC tractor I'm sure I'll love the H just as much!post-14813-0-66303600-1426471313_thumb.jpost-14813-0-13297900-1426471301_thumb.jpost-14813-0-15722800-1426471291_thumb.j the 520H should have a lot more

maneuverability Over the HC

Edited by Brooksy

Theroundhousernr

They made them for two years 88 and 89. They where by know means a limited production but since only being made for two years , they don't show up as much. So not really rare by definition but harder to find. Should be a few thousand out there when made.

Forest Road

I'd love you guys to find me any 520 for less then grand you guys are lucky as **** there's a guy on here now just sold one with dual stage blower and 60inch deck for $2500. If you see a deal like that let me know if buy everyone. And it'll last as long as you take care of maybe I didn't get a steal but I didn't over pay you guys are crazy. Wish people were that dumb around here to sell them for that cheap. Hell the hub caps are worth $200 all day long lol

Here ya go. One thing I've learned with age... Patience pays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brooksy

So started to tear down the 520h and paint it back to oem color. Going over everything in the process. Fixed the cracked frame and reinforced it back where the trans/dif bolt to the frame. Very solid tractor otherwise. Hopefully get to put it all back together soon! Everything hanging up was sprayed with the gun rest was rattle can post-14813-0-44981400-1427074200_thumb.jpost-14813-0-90053300-1427074220_thumb.jpost-14813-0-14982600-1427074244_thumb.jpost-14813-0-54616400-1427074284_thumb.jpost-14813-0-35636500-1427074299_thumb.jpost-14813-0-84667000-1427074344_thumb.jpost-14813-0-12316900-1427074364_thumb.j

Edited by Brooksy
  • Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Since your going through all this nice work. I would service that onan engine while your at it. Decarb and adjust valves.

Brooksy

Already adjusted the valves. Just run some seafoam threw it or what? I used my scope to look down in the spark plug hole didn't look to bad to me slight carbo build up nothing major. Had 120psi compression in both cylinders I was really happy about that haha. Planing on cutting holes in the belt guard to help the rear cylinder cool a little easier.

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

How do the cooling fins look? I would at the least clean them up. Easy way to check is pull the regulator off and peer down the hole with a flashlight.

Brooksy

Cooling fins look fine I degreased and presser washed everything when the covers were off

Theroundhousernr

Sounds like your ready to go! Things like that keep them onans running.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Already adjusted the valves. Just run some seafoam threw it or what? I used my scope to look down in the spark plug hole didn't look to bad to me slight carbo build up nothing major. Had 120psi compression in both cylinders I was really happy about that haha. Planing on cutting holes in the belt guard to help the rear cylinder cool a little easier.

I have been looking for some "old hot rodders" with a louver punch. I would like to do the belt guard on mine so it matches the louvers in the top of the hood. After following this thread, considering the hours on mine with attachments, I stole it. Sure did its winter snow chores with gusto. Yours is looking sweet.

Glenn

• Like 2

1989520HC

I went to look at a 520H today. 1995 Machine...supposed to be 800 hours but was 1100...Tires were VERY ROTTED....Seat was torn...Tie rod ends were all SHOT...motor sounded good but the starter sounded like the flywheel was missing a few teeth. It did have a nice 48 in deck and a so so single stage snowblower. I told the guy the tractor needed about $6-800 in parts. He wanted $1200 and he would't budge on the price. He looked like I hit him with a club when I asked him how much less he would take....People are funny...I have a rule when buying anything. If I know I can't sell it for what im paying I just walk away. 

Edited by 1989520HC

Brooksy

Honestly tires,seat, and tie rods aren't a big deal. Cheap and can be replaced very easily. As long as it has good bones thats all I really look for. Now I haven't seen pics but 1200 seems pretty reasonable if u ask me considering it comes with 2 nice attachments. As long as everything was working I probably would've gave him $1200 but I didn't see any pictures of it so unless it's a rust bucket and all dented up I think the guys price isn't to far off. These tractors hold there value and certain people know that. Not everyone just gives away there **** for dirt cheap because not everyone is an idiot lol. Hell these tractors new were 4grand and that's without any attatchments just the tractor!

WH nut

I have an 89 520 and I wouldn't sell it for less than a grand, I don't care who walks up and picks it a part. Its a 89 model and it has the same issues all 520 have. Walk away if you like, I still have a 520.

• Like 1

1989520HC

It had no dents but it was setting outside and by the looks of it it sat out since 1995. If you put on new tires. They were dry rotted so bad if I pinched them they would've all gone flat Seat was all ripped. Motor also had a bad surge. The tie rods were flopping in the breeze. You could turn the wheel half way before the wheels even moved. Only a complete IDIOT would pay $1200 for that POS....Some guys must think these tractors are made of gold...

Brooksy

Most tractors have some slop in the wheel probable just needs the bolt tightend down on the gear box and like I said all that is fixable for less then $600. If it is as bad as you say it then I guess it's worth more like 900?

• Like 1

Brooksy

Almost done. Just the deck and decals to do yet. post-14813-0-00892100-1427330798_thumb.jpost-14813-0-99625200-1427330781_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ken B

That turned out real nice, the new decals will really make it pop! If I had to GUESS it looks as though you work in a body shop... NICE.

Brooksy

Thanks! I'm a automotive technician but there is a body shop on the other side of that wall behind my tool box. Had one of the guys over there spray my hood, fender, and two side panels. The rest was rattle canned. Decals are here I'll post some pics once there on

Brooksy

Decals went on very easy. Very happy how they came out. post-14813-0-61064600-1427397505_thumb.jpost-14813-0-90111300-1427397492_thumb.j

• Like 2

Denny T

Where can we go to post a 520H for sale if we aren't a member here?

Edited by Denny T