Ranger8480

Does anyone have any pictures of any 877 wheel horses?

bmsgaffer

From the galleries section:

Or type 877 into the search bar on the main page and look for the restoration threads.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• LengerichKA88
      By LengerichKA88
      Hello all! Long time no see, I’ve started a new job that’s has me pretty much wiped out, so I haven’t been on or tinkered much lately. Today I wasn’t too sore to get motivated to have some “Dad time” so I figured I’d learn how to put the deck on my Charger 9 

I don’t know what I’m missing if I’m missing something.  The belt is the one that was on the deck when we got it last year, but the deck was off of the tractor, so I’ve never seen how it goes on. At this point I’m just trying to make sure I’ve got everything to connect this deck, and make sure I’ve done what I can on my own properly. 

I’d seen that some use a chain linkage instead of the bar or j Rod. I cut a piece of chain to make my own, just to see how it’ll work. So far I have it to where it does, ever so slightly raise the deck, so I need to play around with that some more. Since I seem to be headed in the right direction with that, I figured I’d try the belt routing to see how it goes and I’m now scratching my head. 

I’d looked through the files and some posts, but didn’t see what I needed to see to get a good visual.  If anyone could help me out with decent pictures, and if possible as close to nine as possible that would be great, but any clear visual one happens to know of would be great too! 

Thanks in advance 

• rjg854
      By rjg854
      Well started tearing down the 877 I bought at the Big Show.  Decided to go through the whole tractor and clean it up, wet sand and clear coat the sheet metal and do some painting on the frame and engine. Wheels will get sand blasted and painted. I'll be going through the electric wiring and adding lights.  Fuel lines will be new too.
      I went through the motion control system, replaced the missing springs,  got a new cam from @daveoman, installed that and flipped the retainers over and I think it should function properly once I get the tractor back together. 
      Now for some pictures 

Got it tore down 

Nice pile of parts to work on 

Got a couple of parts clear coated, so the refresh has begun. Once I can get it all back together I'll finish it off will Terry 's fantastic decals. 

• DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      I'm guessing most all of us have something to sell from time to time and most of us know how important it is in this day of visual multi-media to spend some extra effort towards delivering a great photo.  Now you may have other pointers and examples, and please share, but I just had to share this one:  It hits the mark in SO many ways that I will just leave it to you without any of my comments!

• GMan
      By GMan
      Guys,

I've known of the location of this tractor for three or four years now. Kept telling myself  "one of these days I'll stop and ask about that old tractor". One day not too long ago I actually did stop but could not get anyone to answer the door. The tractor was nearly impossible to see from the street unless it was winter time as the plant growth kept it pretty well hidden. I have no idea how long it has sat outside in the postion I found it. A long time I'm sure. Anyway, I was down at the Mentone show/swapmeet (just south of Elkhart about thirty-five miles) on Friday and got to thinking about the old tractor and decided to stop again to check on it and to find out if it was for sale. An elderly lady answered the door this time and I introduced myself to her and explained why I had stopped. I asked her if she or her husband would consider selling the tractor to me and she said "my husband died about a year and a half ago so lets walk back there and you can show me what you're talking about. So we walked through her house, out through her enclosed patio, across her garden patio, and then were able to see the tractor. I said "that's the tractor I was talking about". She said "that ol thing? You can have that! I've been wanting it out of here for a long time. My daughter's been complaining about it cause she's always having to mow around it. Just come get it and get it out of here!" ............I was stunned!

The next morning at the restaraunt I go to every Saturday for breakfast I was telling all the boys at the BS table that I had been given a tractor out in the south part of Elkhart that I had spotted several years ago. One of the fellows who has a few early Wheel Horses himself said "there was a guy out south a ways that had an old Wheel Horse that everybody and their brother has tried to buy but he would not sell it for love nor money. He passed away a while back. His name was Becker." I looked at the name of the lady who owned the tractor that I had written down along with her phone number. Sure enough her name was Becker. I told my buddy "That's the one!" Then the conversation lit up. He said "You got to be kidding!" I said "Hey, right place right time!" ............................Guy's this kind of thing doesn't happen to me, always the other guy! 

Anyway it looks to be quite complete. Has all original tires, original seat, and still had the key hanging in the ignition switch. But above all the engine is not stuck! Will be quite a challenge but a lot of fun too!

Gary