Sign in to follow this  
grim

im new and need some help on my k181s

grim

i need some help finding out what this plug is on my kohler motor . the tractor is a b80 8 speed and the motor is a k181s . right under the exhaust pipe there is a plug of some kind . when i bought this tractor the guy said it needs a freeze plug . when u start it it pours out oil ,so i cant start it till i get this fixed . anyone know where i could buy something that would work . i can get a pic if that will help.

thanks

billy

jerrell

:USA: welcome to redsquare Billy, pics always help and members here will definately respond to your ? it may be for a oil pressure guage . i have a c175, with a 17 hp kohler and a GT 1800 with a honda but they don't have guages, so i can't be sure. However i.m sure you will get a lot or responses, just wanted to welcome you to the forum, jerry :banghead: i Rx you post to the wheel horse site and ask the ? and you will be flooded with answers,

Duff

Hi, Billy, and :USA: !

Glad to have you among us!

I don't have the answer to your question but as Jerry said, there should be a flood of answers coming along shortly. Might not hurt to repost the question under the Wheel Horse Tractors section, as most of us tend to look at that one first when we sign on. If it generates a lot of discussion then the moderators could move it back here to the Engines department.

Again, :omg:

Duff :banghead:

fordsonmajortom

Hi Billy :banghead: I have looked at my Kohler motor . If the hole you are refering to is about 1.25 inches diameter then it looks like what we call over here a core plug. This is there as part of the manufacturing process when the engine block was first cast. I expect somebody over your side of the pond will tell you where to get one. When you get one you place it in the hole and hit the centre with a hammer and being dished expands to seal the hole.

Michael.

big mike

That hole sounds like where the machined for the governor pin.A small engine shop should have one available.....if not measure the hole with a dial caliper and try NAPA.If push comes to shove drill a hole in an existing one(from a damaged block) big enough for a sheet metal screw.Pull the plug out and very carefully tap it back into shape and braze the hole shut(or use JB weld) and install it into your block.I did this on a 10hp that has run this way for 10yrs or more.

TT

:USA:

Go to your nearest Kohler dealer and buy (or have them order) P/N X-230-11-S (expansion plug)

They're only around $1.00 and they're guaranteed to be the correct part that fits. :banghead: