rustykan

Thoughts on a possible purchase?

rustykan

Might be looking at a possible purchase tomorrow. It's a C-125 that uses oil, but comes with a 48" mower deck and snowblower. I do not know anymore about it, except he is asking $300. I am interested in the snowblower if it's in good condition. Would it work on a C-120? What does everyone think about the price? Thanks for the help.

slammer302

If its a usable condition than its a good deal and the snow blower should fit a c-120

WH nut

And you haven't bought it yet?

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

sounds like a good deal to me, good 48" decks usually bring 150-300, and blowers around the same if they are in nice condition. And yes the blower will fit on your c120. I'd probably go snag it if it was around me.

• Like 1

Kelly

Blower if usable but needing work and is all there including the lift tube and flag is worth $125-150 more if nicer, the mower deck if no holes and usable about the same, if nice more I've sold VERY nice 48" decks up to $400 then a running tractor needing work is $150 or more if in good shape, so ya probably worth the asking price, but I'm cheap I'd offer $250 and see what happens 

• Like 1

GT14

Sounds like are really good deal.

• Like 1

rustykan

And you haven't bought it yet?

I saw the listing when I went to work Wednesday morning to start a 48 hour shift. I was able to contact the gentleman Wednesday and he said it was still available, but have not been able to contact again. It is still listed, but that does not mean anything.

rustykan

So from what I'm seeing here, worst case scenario, it's probably worth the $300. Of course I will try to get it for less. Are there some models of snowblowers that are worth less than others?

Desko

Tall shoots are more valuable compared to to the short shoots.

lodestonefarm

I saw that listing as well. Did you get a look at it/but it? Any photos to share?

Tankman

Running? Go grab the Horse!

Surprised it is still listed or, the seller just left the listing up. Better get runnin' and grab the Stallion!

rustykan

I saw that listing as well. Did you get a look at it/but it? Any photos to share?

Well, here's the story. I did finally get another e-mail from the seller. Turns out he is listing for his grandfather and he has decided to fix the engine and then relist. I told him I would be interested without the fixes, but have not heard back. Probably will end up relisting at a higher price, I'm guessing. Or he has already found someone that offered more!

lodestonefarm

Too bad.  Could have been a good deal.  Oh Well.  

rustykan

Too bad.  Could have been a good deal.  Oh Well.

Story of my life! Never in the right place at the right time!

lodestonefarm

I hear you.  My first chance to go look at one down below pittsburgh was tomorrow.  I talk to him last week, but when I double checked today to confirm that tomorrow was good, he said he sold it yesterday.  I don't begrudge him but it is a bit of bad luck/timing.  I'm hoping more become available as the weather gets better.  I'm looking for a blower so maybe once folks are convinced winter is over they might begin spring cleaning and a few might hit the market.  I'm not looking to collect them or flip them.  I want them for work!  Patience.