callum12

project Agri-800??

Jparkes43

gear ratios for the 3 speed unidrive :)  5053-5058

1st: 66.8 to 1

2nd: 42.4 to 1

3rd: 24.6 to 1 

reverse: 51.5 to 1

i'm assuming your 90 degree box doesn't have any gear reduction or vice versa. so the calculation shouldn't be to hard. 

James

Edited by Jparkes43

callum12

thank you very much! 

So I've got a max speed of 3.81MPH! that is a little slow, I might go down two inches. 

I think I've sorted out the throttle though, seems to work after a short test :) 

thanks again,

Callum 

• Like 1

callum12
On 10 June 2016 at 0:44 AM, russellmc301 said:

i have been light off roading with rusty it is fun,she likes to go to a watering hole and get stuck. :) the turf tires spin and i have to get off and push it.

sounds fun! I almost couldn't get back in the shed yesterday there's quite a step up to the shed and I started to slip when reversing back in as the bricks were all wet and green :) 

Callum 

callum12

little video of her starting really well after some carb adjustments. 

iframe>

• Like 2

russellmc301

its amazing what some adjustments can do:woohoo:

callum12

it is, I felt like it was running pretty well on the stock setting (1.5turns open) but then I leaned it out a little and its smoothed out really well as well as starting even better. 

Callum 

Pullstart

Sounds great, and you've got quite the back yard, by the way!  I've noticed a lot of European back yards (gardens) are very well developed.

• Like 1

callum12

The stack does give it a nice deep note, softer on the ears too.

thank you very much for the comment on the garden, I've past your comment onto our head gardener (Mum!) 

Callum 

• Like 2

russellmc301

once your done are you planing on painting it?

• Like 1

callum12

I'm not really sure, I love the fact i don't have to be careful with the paint when working on it or using. It's also stored in a shed with bicycles that are taken out and replaced regularly. At the moment the paint wouldn't last a week without getting scratched! although I have hit all the new fabricated parts with primer to prevent rust.

perhaps some stage in the future I may paint, but I also quite like the patina...

Callum 

Jparkes43

could clearcoat her or use wax on her regularly :) 

james

• Like 1

callum12

Well, with all this lovely weather I thought I better get onto something I had been turning a blind eye to for a while now. 

the hitch lift cable was attached to the bottom of the hand lever, this meant that with the plough (or other heavy implement) it would try and pull detent pin out of the notches. it was only a matter of time before something broke. 

So by using the second deck lift arm+shaft (the first was used for the brake assembly if you cast you mind back) I have created a linkage type thing to relieve the hand lever of the axial strain. 

I have also added a turnbuckle on the cable so can adjust it if necessary 

With this new system I have now been able to easily install a spring assist, I used a trampoline spring for this. 

Before the new assembly, you can see the small detent pin just hang on!

IMG_6299_zpsl5hoacay.jpg

now after, pin fully engaged, not going anywhere:

IMG_6300_zpsuytx5fi5.jpg

hitch fully raised 

IMG_6297_zpsprozwmwd.jpg

hitch fully lowered 

IMG_6298_zpsjtqwgsxq.jpg

thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed this little update,

Callum 

• Like 2

Pullstart

Hey @callum12, how’s your project?  It’s been a while... I know @Tractorhead would love to see this thread, among maybe more.  

• Thanks 1

Pullstart

It’s a bummer that all these pictures have gone away 🙁 to photobucket’s deep pockets

callum12
On 1/17/2019 at 1:32 PM, pullstart said:

It’s a bummer that all these pictures have gone away 🙁 to photobucket’s deep pockets

I know! I can't believe they have done this, 1000s of informative posts, peoples projects etc rendered almost pointless across the internet. 

The tractor is great, a couple of adjustment I will be making, I'd like to replace the chain with a toothed belt as the chain is quite noisy, and I need to adjust the routing of the belt, it gets quite hot due to all the bending it has to do! 

all the best,

Callum 

• Like 1

callum12

I just had a re-read of the thread and actually a little bit has happened since I last updated (I was really disheartened about the whole picture thing :( ) 

As was always the plan, an 8 speed came up and i was able to install that so i now have high and low range! this required a lever to be made up and adjustments of the brake setup, all in a weekend's work though. 

the biggest change is the new engine! i'm sure i did a post about this somewhere. I was able to find a briggs V twin, a little bit of cutting and welding was required. I took the opportunity weld a 10mm thick steel plate the the top of the chassis to mount the engine (she's a bit heavier now!) 

the new engine is fantastic, starts perfectly, powerful, governor works, the lot! the old engine was such a faff all the time, I never did get it to start and run well, it was one or the other!  

Callum :) 

• Like 1

Pullstart

Here is @callum12‘s Agri-800 as it sits, it sure looks tough!  I’ve urged him to become a member for unlimited picture posting abilities, but couldn’t stand letting the build history of this creation be lost to the hands of a greedy photo sharing site.  

I was bidding on a vertical shaft A-80-R locally on Thursday, but someone saw way more value in it than I, but I’ve got a 13 or 14 horse Briggs that I thought would make a fun mower.  That’s what got me searching for A-800 details and how I found Callum’s build.  I'll just Keep my eyes open for another some day...

2B5C82B0-987C-4C86-8A84-41A97188F011.jpeg

37E33035-8F79-46AD-8F61-7CBE7489F7D7.jpeg

2B9059BD-5B85-4A92-9A90-F43AC5B3EC18.jpeg

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 2

callum12

Thank you very much Pullstart! 

:) :) :) 

Callum 

Tractorhead

Ya @pullstart you got right, i like it.

looks like a brutforce Workhorse...

Your Tranny will be honestly sure much more stable than mine in the 200 Series.

How did you do the Transform between the Vertical engine and the Horizontal tranny?

nice Build btw. 

Pullstart

He used a 90 degree gearbox, it was quite the build!

Tractorhead

Ah, ok

thanks for info.

• Thanks 1

callum12

Hello all!! 
so the horse has been roaming around recently, she's been at a mates house putting in full days work hauling, ploughing and general tomfoolery! :) 

everything has been working great, I've routed the belt differently and now the clutch action is very smooth and progressive but doesn't seem to slip. 

I picked up a great saxon industries tipping trailer that suits the horse really well. 

for now, here's a video of the briggs twin and exhaust, this video is actually quite old but don't think i ever posted it on this thread. 

I'm currently compiling a video (or series) that should cover the project as best i can from start to finish, this should fill in those that missed all the pictures :( 

during the summer i'll be getting to some shows and definitely getting lots of use out of it!

many thanks,

Callum  :) 

• Excellent 1

callum12

At a local car show with the saxon industries trailer! 

it made quite the stir actually haha 

IMG_4624.JPG

• Like 3

Pullstart

That throaty sound!  :music-guitarred: Nice key by the way!

callum12

oh no! i forgot about the screwdriver key!! :laughing-lettersrofl:

It now has a proper key (by that i mean one that happens to jam in there haha) 

the briggs twin has a great sound, very pleased with it, not too loud either 

• Like 1