muz123

Are johnny buckets any good?

muz123

I am debating whether to buy a johnny bucket because i need something to move snow and dirt and fix my gravel driveway.

thanks,

dave

Edited by muz123

shallowwatersailor

I'm not sure what you are asking but I have a Johnny Bucket and have been happy with it.  If you are just moving materials around, the load stays close to the ground and no chance of tipping. It won't go high like a FEL.

It saves me from shoveling a load of stone/mulch/dirt into a wheelbarrow and then wheeling it to where I need it. With the toothbar I can also dig with it. It can also do limited snow removal as well.

Would I like a tractor with a FEL? Yes, but I would look at a SCUT or CUT.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

muz123

Where do they sell these SCUT loaders?

thanks,

dave

Dieselcowboy

SCUT is a sub compact utility tractor

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

SCUT is an acronym for Sub-Compact Utility Tractor (Kubota BX, MF 1700, JD 1023), and CUT is a Compact Utility Tractor (Kubota B, JD 2025.) Not that a Kwik-Way isn't capable, it is just my opinion that this size tractor with 4WD makes a better platform. In my area the older Kubota B, which is similar to my 5xi in size, are very popular on horse farms/equestrian centers for cleaning stalls.

• Like 1

alswagg

Hmmm. I would check out the For sale section.  "Power Steering Guy" has a great D 20 with a FEL with power steering.  I have personally tested this machine before adding power steering to my Loader Backhoe.  For the price he is asking you can not go wrong at all.  These tractors are well before there time in durability and ease of maintance.  Too many have given the D a bad name, but I can tell ya I have really abused my pair and they keep coming back for more with out even sweating.   Check it out.  Al

• Like 2

muz123

Ill check it out thanks AL