jeremi3210

getting ready for summer

jeremi3210

So I had the day off of work with nothing to do so I mounted the sickle bar on my 702. Bring on the weeds iam ready!! Anybody else getting ready for summer?

post-5643-0-81597800-1425416267_thumb.jp

• Like 7

KC9KAS

Nice, and so is the "keg-o-rater" next to the tractor!

• Like 2

squonk

Summer???? What is that exactly?  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:

• Like 3

slammer302

Been working on my daughter's 857 hoping to have it done before the mid mo meet and greet waiting on the decals and just ordered sum tri rib tires for the front she can't wait to ride it around this summera963e0619511922109092733ab855c35.jpg34a055b66d0b7a41e7c566fa36133cf1.jpg

• Like 5

grinchsr

Do sickle bars cut snow drifts? 

Edited by grinchsr
  • Like 3

jeremi3210

Thanks believe it or not I got that from a scrap yard all that was wrong with it was the fan was loose. I will be getting that ready for summer very soon.

Theroundhousernr

I did most of my mower service duties to my 520H before I put it away for the big sleep over the winter. Grease, filled with non ethanol fuel, cleaned under the deck, hooked up battery tender, took a peak at the cylinders for grease/grass debri and a over all general cleaning. She is sitting in my new shed waiting for the green stuff to start growing. I plan to turn the key and go. Oh wait, still need to sharpen the blades on it and oil change for the hydro..... Oh well , close enough.

Easy way to check rear cylinder, just pull the RR.
a5a488859a7c406db2196941a47d2c00.jpg

c8a832351a5b22c0d77214c1c474076a.jpg

fa60c75e62111e4ed8389364115c6690.jpg

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Been working on my daughter's 857 hoping to have it done before the mid mo meet and greet waiting on the decals and just ordered sum tri rib tires for the front she can't wait to ride it around this summera963e0619511922109092733ab855c35.jpg34a055b66d0b7a41e7c566fa36133cf1.jpg

slammer, nice job on that, dont forget pics. I bet your daughters smile will be ear to ear.

Glenn

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Oh yea,,allmost forgot. Summer,,,cant wait.

3 to 4 inches tonight,,

10 to 12 plus thursday.

It will be nice to cut grass again, the 416 and xi have decks mounted and waiting.

Glenn

• Like 1

slammer302

We're expecting 6" tomorrow I'm starting to wish I had a snow cab

• Like 1

jeremi3210

Don't worry still got my snow movers on the ready.

post-5643-0-78494600-1425422570_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Theroundhousernr

I love the chains on the little guys tractor! :handgestures-thumbupright:  :icecream:

• Like 2

boovuc

Can someone tell me what this attachment is used for? I have a bunch of these and I forget why I bought them!

post-940-0-27585500-1425428039_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

muz123

I just started sharpening my blades on my mower deck, but i was not thinking and forgot how to put my blades back on!  :banghead:  but then i remembered i had a spare deck so no worries! :)

Tankman

Nice looking Horses cowboys!

Expecting 4"-8" tonight, white junque, weights, chains, plows are on tight!

Decks off, one on saw horses, maintenance. The Horses are ready to graze on grass, me too!   :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 2

Retired Wrencher

Nice, and so is the "keg-o-rater" next to the tractor!

I like this also. Can`t Waite for the first 40 to50 degree day.

chip61

We got close to 60 today-expecting sleet and snow tomorrow. Goody Someday it's going to warm up - maybe

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Can someone tell me what this attachment is used for?

Could it be... A belly mount SD snow blower ??

• Like 1

jeremi3210

Gad to hear iam not the only one with spring fever. Been a long cold winter here in wisconsin but after today -7 it's suppose to warm up maybe even 50's next week. Hang in there guys spring is coming.

AMC RULES

I'm thinking, at this point...

if the weather ever does decide to turn a corner...

it's gonna run into an eight foot snow bank.   :eusa-doh:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

squonk

The road I drive to work every day has some 15-20 ft banks. Like driving thru a tunnel. Only good thing with the sun out the last 2 mornings they have cut down on the glare.  :cool:

Ed Kennell

The road I drive to work every day has some 15-20 ft banks. Like driving thru a tunnel.

Brings back memories of a mammoth storm we had in Somerset Co. , Pa in 1958.   The 17 mile road over the Allegheny  Mountains  from my hometown, Kennell's Mills, to the Meyersdale Area High School was closed for 2 weeks.  It was finally opened by a large blower for one lane only. About every mile he would back up and widen it for a passing lane  pull off.

When we got on the school bus we were in the "snow tunnel" for the 17 mile trip.    The other memory of that storm was being double dog dared to swing from the cross arms on the high voltage utility poles.    Sorry , I digress. :eusa-think:

Tankman

I just started sharpening my blades on my mower deck, but i was not thinking and forgot how to put my blades back on!  :banghead:  but then i remembered i had a spare deck so no worries! :)

Considering the current ice melting time are you sharpening the blades with the Ms's emery board?

The sled dog teams in Alaska have more grass showin' than you do!   :laughing-rofl:

Tankman

Can someone tell me what this attachment is used for? I have a bunch of these and I forget why I bought them!

Easy call! I use one for chopping walnuts in the fall! Duh!   :laughing-rofl:

• Like 1