Sign in to follow this  
redidbull

Hydro Trans and a FEL

redidbull

I have a 73 No Name auto. Is there some type of hook ups on the tranny to run the hydraulics for a front end loader. Thanks. Jim

pfrederi

Hydro Trannys do not move the volume you need for an FEL fast enough.  All the FELs on wheel horse used a separate hydraulic pump.

• Like 1

redidbull

Thank you. I am pretty ignorant to hydraulics but plan to change that soon. My Dad worked on the hydraulics of Corsairs in WW2 and I think it is time I tap into his knowledge. Thanks again. Jim

Jrblanke

Man, that would be so cool to have a family member to talk about that kind of thing. My ads and I were just talking about my grandpa tonight ( he passed 10 years ago) The one thing I noticed was the fuzziness of the details in the stories. I don't know what your relationship is like with your dad, but if you have the means, record as much info and details from the stories as you can, because once they are gone, you don't have any one to clear up those stories! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

JackC

Here is the pump for the loader on my C-175.  I have the same set up on 8hp C-81 and it works just as well.  The pump runs off the PTO.  Eight horses under the hood can do a lot of work on a Wheel Horse tractor.  The C-81 has dual wheels on the back for stability on inclines.

post-4541-0-50109700-1425666348_thumb.jp

post-4541-0-17103300-1425666367_thumb.jp

post-4541-0-11641800-1425666799_thumb.jp

• Like 1