jeff lary

Replacement Seats

jeff lary

Bob, you may already have a seat but if looking to buy new, the KM123 unipro is a good substitute for the new style Toro Timecutter....  $91.00 shipped from www.turfseats.com (KM manufacturing web store)

although this seat has a plastic base, it comes with the right bolt pattern for the mid 90s tractors and its the most comfortable seat i have on any of them. wouldn't hesitate to buy another.....

HighBackSeatCO2372_tcz_15in_high_back_se

post-4321-0-90450200-1403211624_thumb.jp

I just went to the site you linked , did you say the bolt pattern was the same as the mid 90s tractors? I have a 95, 312-8 what do you do about the seat safety switch? do you delete it some how? Thanks for trying to help me Jeff

rmaynard

The Toro seat that I pictured is used. I purchase it on eBay. It has a 7-1/2" x 7" bolt pattern, and it comes with a safety switch. I have looked at those replacement seats and almost pulled the trigger on one, but adding in the seat switch made the used OEM Toro set a better deal for me.

Martin

I think there is the option at more cost to have the seat switch provision. I like your solution though, Bob.

Jeff,

Most just disconnect the switch, not technically correct, but I am the only driver on mine, even if my boy does use it, he learned to operate these tractors on a mid 60s 875, no safety switch on them......

Bob mentioned before about having all the safety switches hooked up because of young drivers.

More info on my seat choice is here.....

This is from my 416 thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Martin

rmaynard

While on the subject of seats, what is the "band" called that holds the cover on? I need some of it for a seat but don't know what to search for.

I don'y know exactly what it's called, but here are some links to a couple of sources: http://www.trimlok.com/cat/Edge-Trim/Browse-All-Products_102.aspx

http://www.mcmaster.com/#trim-molding/=w6vzyp

• Like 1

jeff lary
KM 123 UNI PRO

Is this the one you talked about. it is the part number for the seat I think.

jeff lary

I was telling my son about the new seat search and maybe a new bigger cca battery and he said something that got me thinking.

He is 28 bty, he said ya know dad we should take a day and go all over it change all the fluids and stuff. The horse does a lot around here. I mow maybe 1.7 acres in the summer , then in the winter I snow blow as well. I do his yard which is about 25' x 70' plus a 6' x 200' path between his house and mine then I do my own yard too about 30' x 80' and a few paths as well .

I have never done anything except change the oil every couple years and blow out the air filter every summer. What do you guys think is / should be due for maintainace? I thought engine oil, spark plug maybe rear end grease? There must be transmission fluid / grease or does the rear end and trans share oil?

Also it does not have a fuel filter in the line either I would like to put one in as well. Should it be closer to the carb or the fuel tank I wonder? Is there a fuel pump that should be re-built? or something else I may have not thought about or mentioned here? I am just sitting here thinking about spring stuff I hurt my back in the woods this morning so I am taking it easy the rest of today. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions Jeff

Edit:

I just went out to get my owners manual and I got most of the questions answered I guess. Other than the  fuel filter that is factory on the tractor, it looks like in the drawings there is a filter in the fuel petcock or shutoff gadget . If you have a picture of one I would like to see it. Thanks Jeff.

Edited by jeff lary

squonk

For my money, the seat on the C-160 (right) is the best seat ever.Comfy. Got it at TSC but Surplus Center has them cheaper. Seat is 6 years old and still perfect. Seat in the center, Common at TSC isn't bad and a tad cheaper. Nice option. Seat on Elvis came on it. Not too bad but has a sittin in a bucket feel to it. May replace it someday.

IMG_0502_zpscde39ea0.jpg

Edited by squonk

bmsgaffer

I was telling my son about the new seat search and maybe a new bigger cca battery and he said something that got me thinking.

He is 28 bty, he said ya know dad we should take a day and go all over it change all the fluids and stuff. The horse does a lot around here. I mow maybe 1.7 acres in the summer , then in the winter I snow blow as well. I do his yard which is about 25' x 70' plus a 6' x 200' path between his house and mine then I do my own yard too about 30' x 80' and a few paths as well .

I have never done anything except change the oil every couple years and blow out the air filter every summer. What do you guys think is / should be due for maintainace? I thought engine oil, spark plug maybe rear end grease? There must be transmission fluid / grease or does the rear end and trans share oil?

Also it does not have a fuel filter in the line either I would like to put one in as well. Should it be closer to the carb or the fuel tank I wonder? Is there a fuel pump that should be re-built? or something else I may have not thought about or mentioned here? I am just sitting here thinking about spring stuff I hurt my back in the woods this morning so I am taking it easy the rest of today. Thanks for your thoughts and opinions Jeff

You should start a new topic with this. The maintenance depends on the tractor you are using, hydro or manual. Both have oil that will need to be changed. Sounds like your horse could really use some TLC. I wouldnt do anything with the fuel pump unless its bad. You just replace the whole thing when it goes bad.  Fuel filter is easier to access in the line between the tank and the fuel pump but closer to the front. There are grease points all over the thing that need to be greased.

I would get a NEW air filter and plug.

I would go to the manuals and download the OM (owners manual) for your tractor and go through all the maintenance. Its probably overdue for a lot of it.

Racinbob

I agree with Mike about that TSC seat on his C-160. I've got the same one on mine and I love it. I did take the arm rests off though because I'm weird and never really cared for them.

• Like 1

jeff lary

the one I see at tsc that have arm rests are $359.00 + / -

Racinbob

Check out SKU 0278302. I paid $110 for it in 2009. Even has a seat adjuster................which I also didn't use. :)

• Like 1

jeff lary

You should start a new topic with this. The maintenance depends on the tractor you are using, hydro or manual. Both have oil that will need to be changed. Sounds like your horse could really use some TLC. I wouldnt do anything with the fuel pump unless its bad. You just replace the whole thing when it goes bad.  Fuel filter is easier to access in the line between the tank and the fuel pump but closer to the front. There are grease points all over the thing that need to be greased.

I would get a NEW air filter and plug.

I would go to the manuals and download the OM (owners manual) for your tractor and go through all the maintenance. Its probably overdue for a lot of it.

Sorry I did not mention grease, but she gets greased every week summer and winter . To me that is just so basic I guess I just skimmed right over that I think. All I can see to do that I don't regularly do is find the fuel filter and change that. Winter oil in winter summer in summer grease all the time.

So ,New plug, Battery, filters and good to go I guess. I have done the same thing before in other forums. If you don't mention every little thing you do , you sound like a fool to others that are reading it I guess. Oh well my bad. I did not start another post because I thought 2 threads by the same guy on the same page was kinda needy. I was happy with the few that were responding to the tractor seat thread so just thought I would continue on with them fellas.

jeff lary

Check out SKU 0278302. I paid $110 for it in 2009. Even has a seat adjuster................which I also didn't use. :)

$ 154 now I think that is a good option but if I have to pay that much I am going to my dealer and see what he can get me. He said with model no , serial number he can get me one but it is expensive.  If his is more than $.154.00 I will go with tsc I guess.

bmsgaffer

Sorry I did not mention grease, but she gets greased every week summer and winter . To me that is just so basic I guess I just skimmed right over that I think. All I can see to do that I don't regularly do is find the fuel filter and change that. Winter oil in winter summer in summer grease all the time.

So ,New plug, Battery, filters and good to go I guess. I have done the same thing before in other forums. If you don't mention every little thing you do , you sound like a fool to others that are reading it I guess. Oh well my bad. I did not start another post because I thought 2 threads by the same guy on the same page was kinda needy. I was happy with the few that were responding to the tractor seat thread so just thought I would continue on with them fellas.

Hey no problem! I didn't think you were a fool at all, just wanted to make sure all the bases were covered. I feel its better to repeat what you may already know instead of miss something! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by bmsgaffer

jeff lary

I was having fits with an old remmington chainsaw one time. I was in a forum and had mentioned every thing I could think that I had done. The frigging post was 10 inch's long ya know what I mean. The one thing I did not say was gas, some brain surgeon came back and asked if I had gas in it???? Yea , yea I do actually. So I try to mention all I can think of but I am a 2 fingered typist  too so the more I type the longer it takes me.

squonk

$102.95 at the Surplus center!  :)

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/Seat-Solutions/355-UNIVERSAL-FOLD-DOWN-BLACK-SEAT-W-ARMRESTS-1-3206.axd

And Bob you ARE weird!!  :)  :)  :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

jeff lary

I will go look right now how did you make out with the bolt patterns ?? the seat v/s the tractor

jeff lary

For my money, the seat on the C-160 (right) is the best seat ever.Comfy. Got it at TSC but Surplus Center has them cheaper. Seat is 6 years old and still perfect. Seat in the center, Common at TSC isn't bad and a tad cheaper. Nice option. Seat on Elvis came on it. Not too bad but has a sittin in a bucket feel to it. May replace it someday.

IMG_0502_zpscde39ea0.jpg

How did you make out with the bolt pattern on the seat to the right? would it bolt right on or did you have to drill  some holes ?

squonk

Bolted right in. But I mounted it on some u-shaped springs found on many garden tractors. Not directly to the fender

Racinbob

Yes Mike, I gotta agree. Even my wife, kids and grandkids keep reminding me. By the look on their faces I think even the dogs are trying to agree with them. :scratchead:

Yup, that's the exact same seat. When I bought mine there wasn't the big difference and the shipping made it close enough I just got it at TSC. Certainly isn't the case anymore.

jeff lary

Mine does not bolt to the fender either. It bolts to a kind of hinged sub frame that stays on the tractor.

squonk

The seat in the center is on the hinged subframe. I believe both seats have the same bolt pattern subframe

Butch

IMG_0502_zpscde39ea0.jpg

I have the TSC on the right and it is very comfortable. I've actually almost fallen asleep while driving my Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

jeff lary

Ok if I am matching responses to pictures the seat on the right is the one to have. It should come close for bolting purposes and is very comfy to ride my fat azz on correct? I have the web site all save in my favorites so as soon as I can afford it I will most likely buy one. 

• Like 1

squonk

Yes.  You won't regret sitting on that seat. The cheaper seats look nice but you end up sitting on the bolts and rivets in the seat pan!  :confusion-seeingstars:  :confusion-seeingstars:  :confusion-seeingstars: