jeff lary

Replacement Seats

jeff lary

Hi all if this has been asked to death I am sorry. I tried the search function  and got some information but I still have questions. Very simply in the spring I would like to put on a new seat where do you guys go when you need a new seat? Online some place or Tractor Supply or maybe some other place. Is it just a matter of bolt patterns? Is that the only real consideration ?? Any suggestions,... I will look at all of them thanks Jeff

• Like 1

pfrederi

Bolt pattern and price are key but so is comfort.  Some of the inexpensive ones at TSC etc are not the most comfortable (especially the ones with plastic seat pans..at least the one I bought)...but then comfort costs.

jeff lary

Thanks you get what ya pay for don't ya. Yea my old dealer says he can get them but they are pricey. I figure if he can get me one then maybe someone on here knows where he gets them from . Then maybe I can just order one without his mark up? They must be pretty close to original because he needs my Model and Serial no. to get me a real price. So there must be someplace he gets them from right?

Digger 66

where do you guys go when you need a new seat?

I went to my buddies scrap heap & twisted this one out of his old bass boat  :) .

She'll be getting recovered in black marine grade vinyl this summer . Maybe if the budget allows she'll get endowed with red piping too  :happy-bouncyyellow: .

IMG_20140929_111727_473-Copy_zpsbe73acc4

pacer

Northern tool has some 20 or more choices ranging from $40 up, of which probably 8-10 would work on a horse, might have to drill a hole or 2 but....

http://www.northerntool.com/

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

Like pacer said. v-3500 is what most people use from northern tool. They were on sale a time ago and I didnt get any. Dumb move.

jeff lary

Thanks I will go look

EDIT,..Ok I did look that looks about right I will see what my dealer can get and look at Northern tool as well Thanks for all the help Guys I appreciate it, Jeff

Edited by jeff lary

Don1977

With an 1/8" steel plate or some steel flats and a welder you can make most any seat fit. Check out medowfield's "Supper Bendy 4X4 Wheel Horse" page 9 post #213

953 nut

:twocents-twocents:  Like Digger 66 said, boat seats are very affordable and quite comfortable.  :text-yeahthat: 

psalms83:18

post-14261-0-45402500-1423957021.jpg

i got this seat for 13$(ish) from bass pro shops

• Like 1

jeff lary

post-14261-0-45402500-1423957021.jpg

i got this seat for 13$(ish) from bass pro shops

Stop it !!! you and your boat seats ! Man I have to say they do look comfortable. I have 2 of them mounted on a 2x12 that I put in the back of my Polaris Ranger for the summer so people can ride in the back too. Maybe I need to go to a boat shop to see what they have.

With an 1/8" steel plate or some steel flats and a welder you can make most any seat fit. Check out medowfield's "Supper Bendy 4X4 Wheel Horse" page 9 post #213

wow next time I am turning a wrench and complaining I am in a tight spot, I will remember what this guy built.

Racinbob

surpluscenter.com has a pretty good selection also. :)

• Like 1

tiggercl

Does anyone have a picture of a genuine Toro V850 seat?

Edited by tiggercl

Butch

I love my seat from Tractor Supply. It has folding arms. Plus the height of the back is good

for your back. I put one on my C85 which is what I use the most. But I'm also gonna put one

on my C175. It's a very comfortable seat.

tunahead72

Bolt pattern is good, comfy enough, and wears very well.

I've used a number of these which I can pickup at TSC just a couple of miles away from me and my Horses!   :laughing-rofl:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/high-back-steel-pan-lawn-tractor-seat

And there's even a review there from some guy who calls himself Tankman, what a coincidence. :handgestures-thumbup:

I wonder if you could clarify something for us.  One of the other reviewers mentioned this seat has a "plastic frame", but your link and review, and one other reviewer says it has a "steel pan".  Which is it, or are you guys talking about different things?

jeff lary

I love my seat from Tractor Supply. It has folding arms. Plus the height of the back is good

for your back. I put one on my C85 which is what I use the most. But I'm also gonna put one

on my C175. It's a very comfortable seat.

do you know which one you have from tsc ? I don't know what a C175 is I have the 312-8 but I would not mind a seat with arm rests though.

Bolt pattern is good, comfy enough, and wears very well.

I've used a number of these which I can pickup at TSC just a couple of miles away from me and my Horses!   :laughing-rofl:

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/high-back-steel-pan-lawn-tractor-seat

I like to looks of this seat too

jeff lary

I went into tsc today and they had one for $15.00 and one for $ 119.00 that is , that would fit a small tractor. The search continues I guess.

Butch

While plowing my large driveway tonight I got a little cramped up on the C-175. Just not enough

room to stretch out. Need motorcycle highway pegs or something. In the spring I'm going to put

the same TSC seat on the tractor that I have on my C-85. It pushes me a little farther back plus

the higher back and arms make it so much more comfortable.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/universal-fold-down-seat-black

I think it's gone up $25 since I bought the last one. But it is comfy.

rmaynard

When I finally get my 416-H done, I'm trying a Toro Timecutter seat on it. d28982e395e2f62036adcbd1aab6aa3e.jpg

• Like 1

tunahead72

Butch,

I haven't looked closely at my tractor seats in a while, but I think I remember it's possible to slide the seat on your C-175 backwards a little for more leg room?

Martin

When I finally get my 416-H done, I'm trying a Toro Timecutter seat on it. d28982e395e2f62036adcbd1aab6aa3e.jpg

Bob, you may already have a seat but if looking to buy new, the KM123 unipro is a good substitute for the new style Toro Timecutter....  $91.00 shipped from www.turfseats.com (KM manufacturing web store)

although this seat has a plastic base, it comes with the right bolt pattern for the mid 90s tractors and its the most comfortable seat i have on any of them. wouldn't hesitate to buy another.....

HighBackSeatCO2372_tcz_15in_high_back_se

post-4321-0-90450200-1403211624_thumb.jp

• Like 1

oldredrider

While on the subject of seats, what is the "band" called that holds the cover on? I need some of it for a seat but don't know what to search for.

cleat

I bought 2 of these at Princess Auto. TSC also carries them.

I was able to buy armrests for them as well on ebay.

They are very comfortable and have a good metal pan. I had to make up adapter plates however because the bolt pattern is not right for my 520's at least.

I will be getting another one for the HC whenever they go on sale.

post-11822-0-68191100-1425642878_thumb.j

Cleat

Edited by cleat
  • Like 1

jeff lary

That is a nice seat there Cleat, I will check in Bangor today to see what they have. I checked in Skowhegan yesterday.