Dburnsnavy

Tire fluid

Dburnsnavy

Anybody know where you can buy Rimguard by itself? Tractor dealers carry it but want $75 to pump it in. Thinking about using windshield washer fluid.

Thoughts?

bmsgaffer

There is a link on the rimguard website that you can contact them to find all your local dealers. Shop around.

You cant buy it by itself though. Many DIY'ers use RV antifreeze. Not quite as heavy as rimguard, but its available for the DIYers. (And its safer for your yard, animals and the environment than washer fluid is, but not nearly as cheap)

slufoot733

I have used washer fluid and so far so good. I do have to wonder what it's doing to the rims though. They are well painted but I know constant contact with fluid will eventually get through the paint and eat the metal. I guess I will deal with that when it happens.

ri702bill

Yes, winter windshield fluid is a good choice, but it is not as heavy as Rimguard, about 7 and a half lbs./ gallon vs. 11. You would want to use inner tubes with the washer fluid to protect the rims. I did just that on my 854 that has the 8 speed rear from a C-81 in it. I put 4 and a half gallons in each rear and a gallon and a quarter in the fronts. That greatly improved traction both plow and steer.

Bill

Dburnsnavy

Even beet juice or powder by itself is very expensive. Since it is considered a health food item

snowhound

I put 6 gal of RV antifreeze in each rear 23X9.5X12 on my C145 loader. It increased stability and traction so well I'm planning on doing the same on my 418-8 with snowblower.

Ed

Dburnsnavy

Good idea