KC9KAS

Blast Cabinet

KC9KAS

Just ordered a blast cabinet from Harbor Freight.....Now I have to get a BIGGER air compressor.

Used my wife's debit card!!

It's for my birthday.......shhhh

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 6

chazm

Good deal, hope your wife is good with that.. :scratchead:   ...Birthday or not your messin with fire... :happy-bouncyredfire:

I just got a bench top blaster off fleebay & it works great  :dance:

$_12.JPG

Live4outdoors

When assembling the cabinet take the time to silicone all seams along with their factory foam tape, otherwise it will dust out, also I had to put a second layer of foam on my door seal, now it's tight and no gaps...for the money the cabinet works great! Hope you remembered the 20% off coupon...LOL

KC9KAS

Oh yeah, I used the sale price and 20% coupon.

It was my wifes idea to buy the cabinet.

I guess that is what she meant when she was talking new cabinets.

• Like 3

pacer

Did you get the big cabinet - its much better than the smaller one. Whichever, youre gonna love it! As mentioned pay close attention on assy, the media can find the dangest ways to leak out. You'll quickly find that you need a good vacuum system, dust will be a problem. After fiddling with several home made setups that just didnt quite cut it, I went for this "Blast cabinet reclaimer kit!" from HF -- WOW!, what a difference! Its $149, but I found a %25 coupon and that made it quite a bargain (to me)

Blast Cabinet Reclaimer Kit

image_21642.jpg

KC9KAS

I have read many reviews and videos on these.
If it is put together right, use the foam and silicone everything it should work well. But like I said I need a bigger compressor.

Edited by KC9KAS

pacer

"I need a bigger compressor."

Yes, if there is a down side to having a blast cabinet, its the need for LOTS of air. My compressor is a two stage rated at 19cfm and while it will stay up with long use times it runs continually. I would guess that some where around 14-15cfm - or higher - would be minimum to get good usage. The smaller compressors of course will operate for a few minutes but will quickly lose "oomph" and have to let them "catch up"

squonk

Remember to get lots of ceramic nozzles when your at the store. You'll burn thru those quick. I had a TP Tools blast gun and used carbide nozzles. Last way longer