hacksaw75

310-8 stuck in between gears

hacksaw75

I have a 1985 310-8. I back it on to a trailer and now I cant get it out of reverse. The shifter isn't in the reverse position and it wont move. Any help will be appreciated.

Racinbob

:WRS: The first thing to do is remove the shift lever. I'm betting it's already loose. Look down the shifter hole at the shift forks. Align them as in the picture. The ball on the shift lever goes in the center 'hole' of the forks. Tighten the setscrew until the shifter lever feels right. You'll probably be OK then. :)

post-8408-0-40717400-1424958685_thumb.jp

stevasaurus

Hacksaw...Welcome to Red Square  :)  We just did a thread on this subject, and I think (like Bob) that you have the same problem.  Click on this link...it has pictures and explains what is going on very well.

Let us know what you find.  :)

stratostar250

Welcome to the forum! The same thing happened to me, with the same tractor, and it was the reason I joined here! When you remove the gear lever, MAKE SURE the collar that is on the gear shift comes with it, the roll pin that keeps the collar to the shifter may be sheared, and the gear lever has moved on the collar, which is why you cannot get it out of reverse(if this happens, the shifter cannot reach those square pieces that determine what gear you are in).  When I did this, the collar dropped inside the transmission and I had to split the transmission to get it out, so just be careful!

• Like 1