steelebilly

To buy or not?

steelebilly

Hello boys n girls of all ages. I am not a horse owner yet but its not from lack of trying. I have an opportunity to pick up a wheel horse C185 electrac electric tractor. It needs all new batteries tires body work and who knows what else. From what I've read these tractors are pretty rare. I am interested in because the price cheap and I may be able to sell/trade my way to a decent gasoline tractor in need of tlc. So what do you guys think would you buy this tractor?

Ken B

Not too much to compare sales to as they don't pop up for sale very often. No pics either so that makes it even harder for someone to put some kind of value on it.

AMC RULES

Keep looking. 

Sparky

Price out the batteries before you jump in with both feet.....you might be shocked! I would think that in Indiana you could find a gasoline powered WH garden tractor easily :scratchead:  .

:WRS:

Mike...........

varosd

:wwp:

steelebilly

Well I've made arrangements to pick up the tractor Monday. I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks. The batteries are 110 bucks x 6. Would you guys take a chance on it for 100 bucks?

whfan74

If you really want a gasoline powered machine, I am right down the road from you and could fix you up with a nice project that won't break the bank.

Returned your pm about the electric. Best of luck!

Coadster32

Well I've made arrangements to pick up the tractor Monday. I just wanted to see what everyone else thinks. The batteries are 110 bucks x 6. Would you guys take a chance on it for 100 bucks?

No...I wouldn't do it.

If I read your post correctly...$100 for the tractor and $660 for the batteries...which will need replacing again at some point.

You'd be way ahead of the game going a different route. Just my $.02, but you asked.

steelebilly

Ya I never really planned on restoring it. OK maybe I did but only for a few minutes just because its such a strange tractor. I was thinking I could make money on it by parting it out and saving it from the scrap yard. I would think I could scrap the dead batteries for a 50 dollar bill. It has a decent plow. I want to part it or trade it so I can get a gas tractor.

can whlvr

:WRS:

Amanda

Welcome to RS!!