chesbaycruiser

A Little Snow Pushing Footage

chesbaycruiser

What program did you use to edit the video? 

Craig, I used the "Virb Edit" software that came with the camera since it's designed to work with the GPS overlays (not seen in this video...there's riding vids on my YouTube channel that have it).  The software is easy to use and gets the job done, but honestly, I've used better.  I had a great software package installed on a previous computer that came with a piece of video hardware, but I can't remember the name and have no idea where I put the discs!  I've used Microsoft Movie Maker in the past, and it was OK, but as I think about it, I don't know that I've seen it on this Windows 7 machine...

• Like 1

chesbaycruiser

I like the tunes, how do you do that? And what is it?

ok, so much for the little red star of the video, now video class. Lol

I need to make a video with tunes.

Glenn

Glenn,

I used the software that came with the camera.  Here's a 90 second promotional video that sums it pretty well.  

The music is just some royalty-free "stock" music I downloaded from the internet...I think it's called "Born Barnstormers".

• Like 1

gamaemry305

Chris,  

Great video.  What is the secret sauce on the blade to keep the snow from sticking? You have the cleanest blade of all snow removal videos I have watched.

Gary

chesbaycruiser

Chris,  

Great video.  What is the secret sauce on the blade to keep the snow from sticking? You have the cleanest blade of all snow removal videos I have watched.

Gary

Ha ha...thanks Gary!  No real secret that I know of...I got the blade several years ago and it was, for all practical purposes, NOS, so it's in good shape.  I occasionally spray it down with one of those "instant detailer" sprays (Meguiar's, etc), but that's about it.

I don't know, but I'm guessing the biggest reason is that it was bitterly cold here for a week before it snowed, and it only got up to the upper teens/low twenties during the storm itself, so the snow on the ground was very "dry" and powdery?  I don't recall ever really having a problem with snow buildup though, so who knows... :scratchead:

bmsgaffer

Gary: Check the finish on the front of your blade.

My blade is worn and rusty and so the snow sticks to it instead of sliding off like it should (Our snow was VERY powdery too). If you have a nice smooth finish on it then it will help. That meguiars has a bit of wax in it i think too, which would help with the reducing friction.

This summer I am going to try a special paint designed to repel water and ice and I will have to report back next year. I have had good luck in the past with a dry silicone spray down a day before plowing... but again you have to have a smooth finish on your blade... (which I do not).

OH, and it also helps if your blade is the same temp as the outside...

• Like 1