aaubrey96

Tax return wheel horse?

aaubrey96

So am I the only one that has their eyes set on a new horse to buy with my tax returns?

I found a 416 hydro on Craigslist the other day and if it's still on there when I get my federal taxes back I'm going to go look at it.

Edited by aaubrey96
  • Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Best of luck, one more and I am out of room............lol

Glenn

Forest Road

Do it while you can. I tried that with a Kubota a few years ago. Wifey said she'd use it to dig my grave.

• Like 8

aaubrey96

Do it while you can. I tried that with a Kubota a few years ago. Wifey said she'd use it to dig my grave.

I showed the ad to my girlfriend and she thought it would be a good Valentine's Day present

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tankman

I showed the ad to my girlfriend and she thought it would be a good Valentine's Day present

Guess it would have been a good Valentine's Day present.  :angry-nono:

'Bout 3" of snow last night, sunny 'n cold today. Used the Work Horse to push the snow, did a great job of course. Was always skeptical concerning Briggs & Stratton engines on Horses but, this '82 Work Horse 16 hp 2-cyl Briggs doesn't wimper at all. 

KC9KAS

Sounds like you have your tax returns spent already!!

Our tax return is turned around and sent to the county for annual property taxes. Yep, Indiana, Land of Taxes!

Edited by KC9KAS

wheel-mule

You better marry that girl !!!!!!!     Yep good old Indiana local taxes,county taxes ,State taxes,exsice taxes ,this tax that tax every where a tax tax.

aaubrey96

Not sure that New York is much better but I don't have much for them to tax

Hubbard414

Well the taxes are not any better here in Connecticut, and they won't be getting better any time soon

• Like 1

Ken B

8 grand in tax returns this year, I put aside 1500 in the event a Horse comes along that I can't possibly live without...Like some other guys have already posted in the want ads, I'm also lookin for an RJ... :techie-ebay:

KC9KAS

Not sure that New York is much better but I don't have much for them to tax

I imagine we have a "poor" tax too....for those that have nothing

Forest Road

And when you're gone there's the death tax. It just doesn't end.

AMC RULES

At least we'll all be  :wh: rich.   :thumbs: 

• Like 1

bartl

I might be tempted to sell my '69 Charger 10.  I've been using it to plow snow this Winter but it's getting a little deep so I've been using the snowblower.  I'll keep the plow since it doesn't really "fit" anyway since it's made for a short frame tractor.  I DO have a snowblower in pieces that could go with it.  It's an old pix.  Now has a Kohler K241 on it, not the Tecumseh.

10974607_10203855263118777_8147576447561

Foozerush

Yep.... I set some back so I can assemble a dedicated "snow chucker" for next year. With the snow we had these past 2 winters, I have ran out of room to push it with the 416-8, I clear a lot of sidewalks in my hood for the kids to get to bus stops and home. I have it narrowed down to 3 choices.... 1- I like the small-ness of a lawn ranger ( summer storage) 2- a black hood with hydro lift. 3- a no name with a Kohler with attach o matic. (Maybe hydro also...), don't know.... We will see what CL has to offer this spring.......

Tankman

Is it possible to claim the Horses as dependents? Might the IRS understand the addiction?   :confusion-scratchheadblue:

SousaKerry

We wound up with a pretty decent return this year so I wound up buying a new to me truck and one of my horses back.  Several years ago I traded a guy at work the horse for an s-10 pickup truck.  Truck went to the junk yard a year or two later and the Horse moved to another friend at work.  The second friend moved to a new job and called me several months later asking if I wanted the Horse back with all the attachments.  I told him I didn't have the cash at the time but I would look him up at tax time if he still had it. 

I called him a week or so ago and asked if he still had it and he tells me of coarse I do I have been holding it for you.  So $400 later I am once again the proud owner of a 1976 (same age as me) C-121 mosquito fogger, with a blade a basterdized tiller, and two 42" decks one side the other rear discharge.  Oh and a set of tires with chains on them. 

It is parked on top of a snow drift, under a tarp, as I can't get back to the shed right now with all the snow.  All the attachments are in the back of my 2001 Ford Ranger 4x2 as ballast until said snow melts.

• Like 1

whfan74

Tax returns for Horses...........dang you guys are lucky.

We are putting a grand in each of the kids college funds and some of the rest will be for a week long get away this summer to celebrate our 10th anniversary.  :)

Can't say I have ever bought some Horse stuff with the tax money, but have been able to sell a decent amount of stuff during this time of year! 

• Like 1

WH nut

Tax return, Whats that??

• Like 1

aaubrey96

be847891f1c5ac43da6c883dee50d6d3.jpg

Well I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Hopefully it's a good one.

squonk

We used to be able to buy Horses for a couple of hundred bucks. but now with these picking,antique reality shows, hoarding, rustling, competition ect. we are forced to put away and save up over  time just to buy an average tractor. Glad I'm not looking for more. Haven't seen a tractor for less than $400 around me for quite a while.

• Like 3

AMC RULES

Didn't you just buy one for a couple hundred bucks...delivered, recently?

• Like 1

squonk

You are the exception. A good hearted friend is a lot different than someone trying to capitalize on the blossoming garden tractor hobby.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

...the blossoming garden tractor hobby.

aaubrey96

09d003b80eda788662c7008c0ac419cb.jpgba5ba509b53dee92654aff3cb2a01c0c.jpg

• Like 1