Lane Ranger

Looks like a real keeper Denny!   Those C-120's and C-121's are great all around  Wheel Horse tractors!

• Like 2

KC9KAS

Looks and sounds like you have a fine tractor now.

Thanks for the photos

• Like 1

whfan74

Very nice! Can I have it back now? :)

• Like 1

rmaynard

That a nice looking muffler you got there Denny. :ychain:

You can beat a '74 through '77 B/C Series horse. :thumbs:

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks like a real keeper Denny!   Those C-120's and C-121's are great all around  Wheel Horse tractors!

Lane, for some reason, I prefer the 8 speed over the hydro. Lookin forward to using this one.

Very nice! Can I have it back now? :)

Scott, I'm not sure you'll get this one back. It's really growin on me. I did feel a little guilty though when I got it running, almost felt like I should probably send you some more money................ Almost. :grin:

That a nice looking muffler you got there Denny. :ychain:

You can beat a '74 through '77 B/C Series horse. :thumbs:

The muffler sounds great, Bob. Thanks!

• Like 2

squonk

That tractor reminds me of the 73 "12" that I got from the original owner a year and a half ago. Runs like new still, original paint and it loves to plow snow! (Good thing!) Looks like we both got a KEEPER!!!!

• Like 1

dclarke

That tractor reminds me of the 73 "12" that I got from the original owner a year and a half ago. Runs like new still, original paint and it loves to plow snow! (Good thing!) Looks like we both got a KEEPER!!!!

Mike, this one's been painted with a rattle can. I think I'll run it a year or two then freshen up the engine and give it a paint job. Wish it was original paint.

Terry M

Looks like you've fixed it up really nice Denny :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looks good denny! Should make a very nice mowing tractor!

• Like 1

tunahead72

Very nice tractor Denny, I especially like the shifter plate you made, nice work! :handgestures-thumbup:

... Those C-120's and C-121's are great all around  Wheel Horse tractors!

Agreed. I think when one of my Wheel Horses decides it's time to move on, I'll be replacing it with one of these. A little beefier and more "naked" than my 310-8, and I've done the black hood thing and will be looking for something different.

Now having just said that, I hope my tractors don't read this and start getting ideas, I have enough projects right now.

• Like 1

Martin

another nice honest tractor there Denny.

shifter plate looks great, i can understand you wanting to make one up from slightly thicker material.

• Like 2

dclarke

Got the new tires on yesterday, a new idler pulley and drive belt and finally took it for a ride. I also put new bearings in the mule drive pulleys, when it warms up I'll replace the idlers, spindle bearings and the belt on the deck and that should make this a pretty dependable worker.

512_zpsodwqf1kb.jpg

• Like 5

Jake Kuhn

Looks good denny, I like the way those turfmasters look.

• Like 1

dclarke

Looks good denny, I like the way those turfmasters look.

Thanks, Jake. Maybe it's just me but I think these tractors sure seem to ride better with new tires.

MalMac

Looks good Denny, what you got there was the bread and butter for Wheel Horse. The C 's were no nonsense straight out workers. In my opinion they were some of best series made. You will enjoy the dependability of the C.

• Like 1

Martin

Thanks, Jake. Maybe it's just me but I think these tractors sure seem to ride better with new tires.

I agree Denny, new tires are always good for making them ride nicer. just like putting new tires on your car or truck.....

dclarke

I got the deck mounted tonight, all the bearings on it feel good and run quiet so I didn't have to replace any of those. I did have to replace the cast iron drive pulley on the deck and I put new bearings and a seal in the PTO. Two new belts and I think this tractor is ready to go back to work.

005_zps2gvkpqg2.jpg

• Like 2

Ken B

Very nice Denny! That's the way we all love too find them!

• Like 1

Anglo Traction

Wise purchase, excellent workmanship and attention to return it to it's full potential :notworthy: .

I only wish they were available over here (UK) in that initial condition :pray:  .............. I would not have had to spend 2 years and a small fortune getting my '74' C-120 to somewhere near yours . Great work !. 

• Like 1