Buckshot 1

Snow/dozer blade?

Buckshot 1

:) My Grandson has a C 100 with a 6-2132 blade. It does not have blade shoes/skids and I see no provisions from the factory for them. Did WH make a kit to install either shoes/skids? If not what are my options? Any suggestions/ideas will be greatly appreicated. Thank you for your time. Don B. :flags-usa:

Rick_in_CT

Don,

Will you be using the blade on blacktop or stone?  If blacktop you should not need shoes/skids.  I have used a number of WH blades on blacktop and none of them needed shoes.  If you are using it on stone, then you will probably need shoes/skids.  I don't know if they made them for your model, it will take a little looking around to find out.

Rick

C-101plowerpower

Does the c100 have the dial a hight? That should be enough

• Like 1

Buckshot 1

Don,

Will you be using the blade on blacktop or stone?  If blacktop you should not need shoes/skids.  I have used a number of WH blades on blacktop and none of them needed shoes.  If you are using it on stone, then you will probably need shoes/skids.  I don't know if they made them for your model, it will take a little looking around to find out.

Rick

:)  Stone. I remmber reading something on a kit to install shoes/skids but I can not find it now. Thank you for your reply. :flags-usa:

Buckshot 1

Does the c100 have the dial a hight? That should be enough

:)  Yes it does. This is a rough stone driveway. I have the blade set at 1 inch from the ground. When it hits a high spot, the blade wants to breakover instead of riding over. That is why I think shoes/skids would let it ride over. Thank you for your reply. :flags-usa:

botzitaliano

Tractor supply sells plow shoes. If your halfway decent with a welder you can make your own. That's what im gonna do for mine

Whmaverick

I welded a 11/2" heavy-wall pipe to the bottom of one of my blades. This blade works well on gravel without peal up. Also can be used near or on grass without damage. No need for skids that dig in and flip rocks/ gravel up into snow. I tend to use it more than the cutting edge blades, even on solid surfaces.

ericj

:wwp:   :text-worthless:

eric j

• Like 1

decksetter

I welded a 11/2" heavy-wall pipe to the bottom of one of my blades. This blade works well on gravel without peal up. Also can be used near or on grass without damage. No need for skids that dig in and flip rocks/ gravel up into snow. I tend to use it more than the cutting edge blades, even on solid surfaces.

Instead of a cutting edge? I'd like to see that. Got a pic?

Whmaverick

Just got in from plowing snow, and yep did three driveways with the pipe blade. I had pics posted in a thread a few years ago, not sure how to find the thread now, maybe someone more savvy with red square does. As I recall I got a lot of criticism from some dumb nay Sayers back then, but I just spent another afternoon plowing for my neighbors and myself and no grass edges were hurt and no gravel pealed up and dumped along the edges of the yard.

• Like 1

Rob R

I installed skids on my plow several years ago (made a bracket and used some threaded rod and cut up some old cut-up some old mower blades for the skids) works great and I get three times the blade life on black top usage.

post-12028-0-00837400-1424564297_thumb.j

post-12028-0-31177100-1424564301_thumb.j

post-12028-0-15645100-1424564307_thumb.j

• Like 1

Don1977

Here is Whmavericks post on his blade.

• Like 1