Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

White walls for WH

Kelly

I'm the new guy again, Maybe some one on here can answer this What year or years did WH have wide white wall made? I've narrowed it down to the late sixtys But was it a one year thing? I have a set all have Wheel horse on them and they are not painted they are the real deal. I have a couple of photos if I can figure out how to post them. Thanks Kelly in MI

CasualObserver

Bill Pearson is probably about the only person who can answer that question....I know they exist, I've seen a picture of them ONCE. Keep checking back here, he stops by from time to time. Can you post some pics of yours?

nylyon

Oh gosh, I've seen this question before and I think the answer is they were for 1 year, and they are really super-dupper un real rare, the kind of rare that you would want to lock them up at night. I think you're right they are from the late 60's, but I don't know the exact year

The best way to get pictures here is to get a photo bucket account, it's free, upload to there and use the IMG code to insert them here.

Kelly

I'm trying to figure out how to size them, So far it won't let me post them. I ask my wife for help. I'd love to post a few pic's of my tractor's but don't want to tic off anyone with dial up. Any help with posting pic's would be great. Kelly in MI

combatmp29r

Kelly, I just had to work this out myself. Well with help from the guys here. If you have them loaded in photo bucket, you can click on edit above the picture, then there will be a resize tab, set them to 640 x 480 and them upload them to here. It seems to be working. No one said otherwise lately anyhow :D

Kelly
100_7326.jpg

Kelly

I think I got it, They still look to big but I'll work on that and yes I know the hood says six speed and it's a hydro, But the tractor had no hood when I got it so I stuck that one on and a set of hub caps. for the pic. Thanks Kelly in MI.

100_7325.jpg

nylyon

Oh my, that's the very first white wall on a Wheel Horse I've ever seen and I like it. I am sure glad you got the picture thing worked out, thanks for sharing!

edit: perfect size!

kj4kicks

One word...... WOW !!

Rollerman

Kelly I see you got the pic thing working!

All I can say is NICE! :D

I wonder if it was an optioned out Electro 12 at on time?

Do you have serial numbers under the dash?

combatmp29r

OK heres my hot rodder side, but that would look cool in black primer :D

nylyon

Well, if we apply the same thinking as the electro thread, these must be a 1968 tire as the 69's are different, according to the manual picture.

combatmp29r

Yep and the seat is right for a 68 also. Or a 69 or 70 vertical shaft :D

T-Mo

Kelly,

Nice. I'm also glad you got the picture thing worked out. This is also the first white wall I saw on a Wheel Horse. I like it. And those hub caps really set them off.

BTW, is that you mirroring off the caps? :D

Stigian

When i read the topic subject i thought "eh, white walls on a WH"!

Now ive seen the photos its gets the big :D up

The white walls and chrome hubcaps give it a 50's Hotrod kinda look :P

Love it :( :(

Kelly

Thanks for the input on my White walls. I picked up what was left of the tractor from a neigbor My kids seen the rear fender sticking out from behind the barn from the school bus (trained well) He just put it out there after pulling the IH hit and miss motor off from it, He bought it for the motor, So I got it for $25 and took it home. It's a 68 charger 9 So yes I'm leaning to 68 as the year, and yes I think I'm going to put them on my 68 Electro 12, Me and my 16 year old son also thought primer black, seat with the white in the middle, leave the red rims and caps, chrome strait pipe maybe going down along the running board like a lakes pipe (side pipe) and fab up some drop front spindles (like cub style)That would look COOL. I think I'm going to chime in more often, I've learned alot about these little red tractors in the past couple of years I sink myself into enything I get involved in and try to learn as much as I can. Having about 30 mostly complete tractors to compare to each other helps and a few parts ones, from a rj58-59 to a 520h most are in the 60's and 70's the cheap ones to pick up. I'll try to get some photos up later and a list of my stuff I've collected.I need to say I have a great wife she also finds tractors for me, When I was racing cars she located them also and is part of my pit crew. all my kids 7,12 and 16 can weld, and help work on the tractors and have for a few years even my 12 year old daugter. Thanks again for the grear site. Kelly in MI

Greg B.

Definite hot rod look :D Anybody make a dropped axle for a Wheelhorse? :(:P

Greg B.

T-Mo

My kids seen the rear fender sticking out from behind the barn from the school bus (trained well)

I wish I can get my wife and daughters trained to spot Wheel Horses. They already can spot JDs, but then the green and yellow is hard to miss. :P The red is a little harder to spot and know it's a horse.

I think I'm going to chime in more often, I've learned alot about these little red tractors in the past couple of years

I hear you. I've learned a lot since July when I got my first Wheel Horse. And I'm definitely have a lot more to learn. These guys here are simply amazing with their knowledge. :D

Michcruiser60

Definite hot rod look. Anybody make a dropped axle for a Wheelhorse?

Nobody makes a drop axle but.... :D You CAN flip the axle!!!! :P Lookey

I like flat black and red myself. :(

Click picture to enlarge.

th_10-08-07trip006.jpg th_10-08-07trip008-1.jpg th_10-08-07trip013.jpg

th_10-08-07trip010.jpg th_10-08-07trip005.jpg

T-Mo

Michcruiser,

Nice look on that horse. Interesting idea to reverse the axle - I don't know if I ever saw that before. Then again, there's a lot of stuff I haven't seen, especially with the Wheel Horses. :D

Rollerman

Kelly sounds like you have a great family :D ...does your wife have a single sister with the same talents? :(

Hey my wife is great & has bought many of my tractors...infact she doesn't know it yet ..but might buy me one today :(

My son & I often do the same thing to when driveing the back roads...that is not watch the road since were to busy checking back yards for tractors.....so far my hobby has acounted for 5 mail box deaths. :P

I like both of your ideas too....white walls on the Eletro 12...or make a rat rod style wheel horse....win/win either way!

Karl has updated the site & made it much easier to load the pics.

Looking forward to seeing more of your tractors too.

T-Mo

Stephen,

That's so funny, but also so similar to me. My wife is always getting on to me when I'm driving and paying more attention to what's in fields and people's yards than I do to the road. I'm surprised I haven't taken out a mailbox or two myself. :D

Sparky

Hey Michcruiser, are the spindles still held into the axle with the same split clip/washer as when it wasnt flipped? Any problems with em workin out?

Mike.....

Stigian

I like the idea of black primer :D

Is there enough space to fit in a flathead V8 with slash cut zoomies?

Just a thought :P:( :(

Michcruiser60
Hey Michcruiser, are the spindles still held into the axle with the same split clip/washer as when it wasnt flipped? Any problems with em workin out?