Big-Game

Senior (RS-83) & Lever Steer Registry Update 2/6

stevebo

Is Todd Redbone? Same guy in picture or no?

boovuc

For the record, there is an RS-83 with a hood that is now owned by the initials "E.S." located in Dalton, Pennsylvania.

This old Pond was still plowing snow before the owner passed away and now a younger relative has it.

I know an in-law to the family and he showed me pictures of it. I tried to convey to the family through the in-law that the tractor is a collectors piece after they decided not to part with it. (I tried to get it)!!!! :)

I just hope they take care of it and don't do any modifications to it but the goal of this post is to let you know of it's existence in Dalton, PA. I have no way of dating it From the pics, it has the hood and a steering wheel and it is most definitely a Pond Tractor.

I will ask the in-law if he still has the pictures and if so, if I could scan them and post here. He gave his blessing to the initials only of the owner and the hometown he is in.

Thanks, 

Big-Game

The above post is a great example of the tractors we need to find. This tractor would have been

hidden in the garage for years, now thanks to BooVuc the line of communication is open

to let new owner and someday future member know there are people in the group ready to

help if the need arises. 

Well Done !!

FYI:   That makes number  34

Ron Greco

whfan74

Is Todd Redbone? Same guy in picture or no?

Nope that is a different fella........

Big-Game

Hello, it has been a few weeks and there has been no change

to the list, 34 Seniors and 14 Levers still. I emailed the Studebaker Museum and have not had

a reply back about them having a Senior and Lever Steer on display.

I will continue to follow this lead until I get confirmation one way

or the other.

I have contacted Joe Papke, a long time owner and Wheel Horse collector

and Red Square member Nylyon for their help with this project.

The big thing is to find the tractors and confirm

the owners, I have been given a list of names and when I contact the owners

some inform me that they sold the tractor years ago.

I am hoping that when the weather gets warmer and shows start up more tractors

will be added to the list. Please keep your eyes and ears open.

Thank you,

Ron Greco

rsgreco@embarqmail.com

stevebo

Ron-

I for one would be very interested in seeing that list posted. Maybe list the owner's name, location and year of the sr.

• Like 1

Ironman

I grew up in Northern NJ and remember a place up there called "Space Farms" that had a huge museum. Part of that museum was a large obscure tractor collection. I believe the current owners name was Randy Space but it was started by his great grandad. It might be worth a shot.

Big-Game

Hello,

Rich I will follow up on this lead and see what I can find out, Thanks for the info !!

Steve, before these little red tractors came along like many of us on here cars were

and still are my other passion. Because of my age Muscle cars to be exact, I still own a restored

Buick it is on a registry and is one of 5 special order cars produced, this information is posted

on the internet, but NOT my complete name.

If all my information were posted you could imagine the phone calls letters and emails

I would receive.

When we started the Senior and Lever Steer Registry it was out of curiosity on how many of

these tractors are still with us and to try and get as much information about the each tractor as possible.

I have stated from the start that NO names will be posted and I stand behind that, if the owner

of a tractor wants to post on RS or anywhere else that they own one that is their right to do so.

I hope this does not offend anyone, but who owns them is not important,

Who enjoys them is.

Thank you,

Ron Greco

stevebo

Ron-

That makes sense. Maybe just list the tractors my location and type?

• Like 1

Big-Game

Hello

Currently I have NO Lever Steers on the list from CT.

They are  all located in OH (6), MI (5), IL (2) and (1) in IN.

SO FAR !!!!

There are 3 Seniors on the list located in CT,

All listed as having Hoods

1 with a Rare Starter Option

1 Confirmed by the engine serial number to be a 1956,

the other 2 have not supplied engine numbers.

Ron Greco

Big-Game

Hello

I want to thank Ironman (Rich) for the lead, I found:

Space Farms Zoo & Museum
218 Route 519
Sussex, New Jersey 07461

I have sent them an email and hope to hear back from them soon, WELL DONE

Ron Greco

Ironman

You're very welcome Ron, I hope he has or at least knows of something up there to add to the list. 

I'll keep my eyes and ears open, Rich

Big-Game
Hello Everyone !!

It has been awhile since the last update and now that the big show is over
I have good news to report !!

If you did not make it to the show this year you did not see the 1956 Senior
for sale, it had the starter generator on it and a rear plow.
The owner is out of Huntington PA,  if you are looking for one send me a private
message I will look for the owners information.

The totals for the Lever Steers and Seniors stands as follows.

Seniors:  43
Levers:   20 
  • Like 2

BLUEBERRY

Ron, senior at Scott's show today has serial 668 one before yours. Can't get much closer than that. I won't say his name but you and I talked with him about steering wheels today. My number is 2443682  Doug kuhn

Edited by BLUEBERRY
Forgot info

SylvanLakeWH

So so cool...

Thank you for doing this!

Hammerhead

I scored a RS83 Senior last week! Wow these are the coolest! Mine is in great shape. The motor seems to be a Wards Serial Number 3161345. I think it is the wrong motor so that sucks. Was Wards made by Wisconsin? It looks just like a Wisconsin. The Fairbanks Morse Magneto is Serial Number 4599598. Can any body date this motor? I had always heard that there was only about 50 of the Seniors made. Seems like we have almost found that many so maybe there was more than that made. Thanks...Keith

032_zps7j85fzvu.jpg
033_zps2yq2ylxa.jpg

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

buckrancher

Yes Keith Wisconsin made AEN motors for wards I do not know what for but there was one for sale on E-Bay recently

Brian

Big-Game

Hello everyone,

With Hammerhead finding a Hooded Senior and 2 others recently added to the list the number of seniors is

standing at 37 so far. (pending confirmation that this tractor was not already on the list)

Ron Greco

Big-Game

• Like 2

Hammerhead
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 11:16 AM, Big-Game said:

Hello everyone,

With Hammerhead finding a Hooded Senior and 2 others recently added to the list the number of seniors is

standing at 37 so far. (pending confirmation that this tractor was not already on the list)

Ron Greco

Big-Game

I scored a RS83 Senior last week! Wow these are the coolest! Mine is in great shape. The motor seems to be a Wards Serial Number 3161345. I think it is the wrong motor so that sucks. Was Wards made by Wisconsin? It looks just like a Wisconsin. The Fairbanks Morse Magneto is Serial Number 4599598. Can any body date this motor? I had always heard that there was only about 50 of the Seniors made. Seems like we have almost found that many so maybe there was more than that made. Thanks...Keith

It is possible that this Senior was already on your list. The owners brother is a member here. It might be listed as a 1956 but I don't know how they came up with that number. I listed the numbers on here if anybody can figure out what year it was built, that would be sweet! I am surprised not many Senior owners have commented on my latest score. Where are they all at? That has a nice ring to it, the # 37th Senior in existence! Thanks...KJ

Edited by Hammerhead
  • Like 2

stevebo

That one is beautiful !!!! 

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Boy the Seniors are great looking tractors. I hope I get to see one or more at the Big Show.

neil

Someone posted this picture on Facebook recently, don't know who own it or if they are in the registry, apparently there is an RJ25 in there somewhere.image.jpeg

• Like 9

Big-Game

Hello

It looks like the Seniors have been making a showing recently.

The list stands at 46 Seniors and 20 Levers, once confirmed.

I know of one Senior that recently got a new owner and another

that is looking for a new home.

They don't come around very often and when they do the price seems

to go up.

If you are looking to purchase one they run from $4500 to $5500 +

depending on condition.

Contact me if you are looking for one in very good condition I know of

one that is FOR SALE.

Ron Greco

rsgreco@embarqmail.com

• Like 1

muz123

Saw this Ride-away sitting outside someones yard down the road from me. Got a quick snap of it while i was driving. Seems as if they are using it as a lawn ordement. Going to take a ride down and ask him how much he would want for it. I still can't believe i found one down the road from me. Wonder if its the only one in Rhode Island? 

IMG_3954.jpg

Edited by muz123
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1