boovuc

Complete Physical 520-H

boovuc

I have my spare Onan running well and finally starting well on the loader tractor. I was changing rear tires around when I noticed some oil under the frame runners. I started stripping the tractor down more and found the lines to the hydro-lift were real loose and leaking! That's when I decided to start checking everything I could since it is out of commission and undergoing some needed work.

Over half the the loader's contact points were loose. I dug into the fan gear on the steering and it was caked with crude. Cleaned and lubed up again! Changed a connector on the neutral safety switch. Cleaned terminals in the dash tower around the battery. Cleaned out the fins around the hydro pump. (Not bad but removed the grime on them). Cleaned the grass in the bottom of the tower and along the frame rails. Checked the frame/transmission attach point for cracks/loose bolts. Shot grease in all the zerks. I'll change the hydro oil next. This will sport some 26 x 12 x 12 rubber on the back soon. Modifying the fender tub and the foot boards this week to get them under it.

Dual tires are nice but for one thing, I really don't want to snap and axle and two, in the snow, they stick out farther than the bucket and packing snow down that I'm trying to pick up! And if your trying to get along the side of your driveway, forget it! What a mess!

post-940-0-84557500-1423104092_thumb.jpg

post-940-0-69475500-1423104101_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Hope you share the modifications you make to get the big rubber on the back.

KyBlue

Hope you share the modifications you make to get the big rubber on the back.

Heck yeah!

Pollack Pete

Nice.Love those 520's.

cheesegrader

That is such a nice set-up!

I have the same issue with my hydro hoses, but tightening them up only half fixed the problem.

Looks like my control valve is leaking as well.  Argh

You are going to be able to move some serious dirt when that one is done!