Live4outdoors

Gotta love the old kohlers

Live4outdoors

I bought this ole girl knowing it sat for over a year, checked the oil, sanded the points, added some fuel, she cracked right off and purred like a kitten. Thought for sure the carb would have to come off, couldn't believe it, but he was a stickler for running his engines until the bowls are empty after shutting off the gas. Now I just need that new seat pan to get here so I can bolt it on and we're good to go, maybe look for a generator belt guard.

post-14030-0-16846600-1423096255_thumb.j

• Like 8

Sparky

That's great!

So what is it? 702?

Mike..........

• Like 1

Racinbob

Yupper duppers. The K series are the tanks of the small engine world. :)

• Like 2

mels

Cool, gives me a little hope for this weekend when I have a go at ours.  Who knows, maybe she'll fire right up!

Edited by mels

Jack Fate

I'm amazed that I just plowed 1/4 mi drive 8 x and shoved snow to the top of the hood & that engine (14 hp single "1973")just hunkered down like a diesel the newer ones just ain't got that. But the sear weight of the gt 14 helps too...  (and the drive belt didn't break) : )

I have a diesel 2320 JD loader /blade & I got this big 14 yrs olds smile when I plow with the GT14....it is a brute : )

Wife thinks same ,,how good is that :snooty:  :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

Live4outdoors

That's great!

So what is it? 702?

Mike..........

Think we all figured it out to be a 753

Jack, that is awesome,I never had much luck plowing with my 414-8 it just never had it and it felt like I was destroying the tractor as things broke a bolts sheared so I discontinued it and put a blade on a 4wheeler and I can push it now! I loved every minute though on the tractor...I can definately relate!

Cool, gives me a little hope for this weekend when I have a go at ours.  Who knows, maybe she'll fire right up!

I hope for your sake it goes just as easy, I thought I would spend most the night in the garage...now for warmer weather so I can wash it and see what's underneath all this dust and grime!

Flatheadpete

I have an 856 that I've been plowing with this winter.  Low gear it can't be stopped.  If I had some weight I'm positive I could push more snow even further....

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:   I love the sound of an old S/Gen K Kohler in the morning.   Keer Thump  /  Keerr Thump. then like you said the purrrrr like a kitten. Nice ride enjoy it. Great show tractors ride all day at the shows on a tank of gas enjoy the ride Gary    B.....

Tankman

Don't make 'em the way they used to. The old Kohlers are dependable with oil changes and clean fuel.

The '85 416-8 won't be stopped!

Each time I fire up an old Kohler I wish I was in as great a shape. Those old Kohlers will be here after I quit breathin'!   :laughing-rofl:

Grandsons inheritance fo' sure.

Edited by Tankman
  • Like 1