formariz

Electro 12 light switch and eBay insanity

formariz

My Electro light switch has done its time so I have been on the look out for one. Sure enough one pops up on eBay NOS with correct part #. Before you know it this thing sells for $37.00 .I guess that guy really had to have it. Did a little research and found that it is a Cole Hersee. Sure enough its in their catalogue with all the specs, dimensions...etc. A little more searching and they pop up everywhere. Got two for a total of $14.00 and they even sent a free little led flash light. Bezel is a little undersized even though specs are the same as original, however the bezel is interchangeable with the new switches, it just clips on. New bezel does fit correctly and cover cutout if one wants to use it.

So just do a little research. These things are out there.post-484-0-97411900-1423087882_thumb.jpgpost-484-0-40504500-1423087900_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

AMC RULES

Kooky?  :eusa-doh:Yes...  

but, some people just gotta have their NOS fix. 

Racinbob

That's a great piece of information formariz. Not only for Electro owners but for everybody looking for a part for their rebuild. A little research can pay big dividends. :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gary L.

This one is almost identical from Cole Hersee , even has the screw terminals.

post-7973-0-73137100-1424534203_thumb.jp

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-thankyouyellow:   Great to see people passing on good helpful information like this.   :text-bravo: 

formariz

Yes, I found that one too.$6.99 as many as one could want. They are out there. Incredibly another one a little different also advertised as wheel horse old stock went for quite a bit of money just a few days ago. People just don't bother to look out there i guess.

sorekiwi

• Like 2