wheelhorse66

Toro 935 help?

wheelhorse66

I came across a toro 935 today for 100 bucks. Is it any good?anything special I need to know? I've never seen one before so I need some info.it also comes with deck to.

gwest_ca

Here is a start. Will add more to the file tomorrow.

Garry

Had to change the name of the file.

wheelhorse66

Thanks I can't find nothing about it. How rare are they?

gwest_ca

I doubt many survived the past 46 years.

Garry

scotty

If i had a 953 near me for a hundred bucks it would already be at my house. The 953s seem to be rare. Ive been looking for a similar 1054 which looks just alike to me just 10 hp instead of 9 hp. And as far as anything to look for i would say just the common things like transmission noise rotting holes in deck (if the deck matters to you). They sure look like good machines just never had first hand experience with one. Good luck with your choice!

gwest_ca

The model in question is a 935 model that Toro acquired from Springfield. This is a lawn tractor with a vertical shaft engine.

Garry

scotty

Ohhh my mistake I thought he was calling it toro instead of wheel horse. Yeah tottally ignore my comment haha. I thought it was a typo.

Edited by scotty

wheelhorse66

Anybody else have any more info. Need all I can get

bowtieguy

I have a couple of the early Toro riding lawn mowers....model 57222 and model 55050 (900 series)....mowed lawn with it ONCE....not much of a machine but I saved it from a scrapper about 15 years ago.....so it just takes up space now in my barn.

Buzz sent me copies of the op manual and parts manual for the 57222...(thanks Buzz) ......I think he has one?

I ordered the manual for the 55050 from Toro....but you can download it from Garry's files (see above post)

I have tried to get my local Toro dealer (Lumax) to put the ole Toro in his showroom....but he is NOT interested although he worked for Toro many years before the bought a dealership.....so what does that tell ya?..if you were closer I'd make you a deal you could not resist!!

I would say the steering is probably the "problem item"....the steering is very responsive....the PO hit a small something with the front wheel and he messed up the fan gear big time....was not fun to fix.......

Summary......might serve as a parade tractor for a kid....not much to brag about when it comes to lawn mowing!!

PS...it will be for sale at the first swap meet of the year (March) in Adrain, MO if anyone is interested!!!

WheelHorse79

Please post some pictures when you get a chance, I'm curious!