Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Where ya stayin?

Sparky

I'm in the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg. Made the arrangements a while ago and its about $150/night. Kinda pricey but its a nice place to crash and we always hit the indoor pool Friday night. Plus the free breakfast for my son and I is a plus. Ever try to feed a teenager :thumbs: ?

Mike......

Jim_M

Since I'm not going to be able to make it to the show again this year, I need to cancel my motel room soon.

It's a decent room with 2 double beds at the Blue Sky Motel, less than 5 miles from the fairgrounds, about $68.00 a night if I remember right, and I have it for Thursday, Friday and Saturday night.

I don't know if I can transfer it to anybody else, but I can try. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll see what I can do.

http://blueskymotel.com

Curmudgeon

Hecks Bells!!!!!!!!!! I'm staying where I always do, and no one else ever does, that I know of.

It's only a couple bucks more than the Blue Sky, but it's not nearly as close.

HorseFixer

I will be staying at the Days Inn In Gettysburg, I booked about 3 months back for Thurs Fri and Saturday just added a Wends Night and they slipped me the Green Weenie :D But being this is our first time I expect to get screwed.. :whistle: Its allways that way I guess Untill you learn the ropes.. :WRS: We will be getting in late wends night figured we would spend thursday looking at the sites and so forth.

Duke

rocking 416

I am stayen at the holiday in express in gettysburg P.A. off york road anyone know ware its at? or if its any good?

Sparky

Yep. Its right near the Hampton Inn where I stay. Its a great location with a Super Wal-Mart (if yer tractor is an oil burner and needs oil after cruzin all day Friday:D )and plenty of restaurants right there. I walk to a Ruby Tuesday's across the street from the Hampton. I've stayed there 4 years in a row. Takes me about 15-20 minutes to get to my hotel and I pass thru the Gettysburg Battlefields on the way...kinda cool I think.

Mike.........

rocking 416

cool beans mike , i like ruby tuesday maybe i will see u there . Ill be hampton inn is nicer but more expensive i get a free breackfast tho thats what sold me on the deel

Nick

Dont think I am going this year but I stayed at the Holiday inn express 8 years ago for the 2nd show. It was ok at that time. Holiday inn was on the right side when going out York road from downtown Gettysburg.

I didnt like the traffic thru Gettysburg and the traffic circle so to get to the show we took side roads from York road to Biglerville rd, North to Biglerville then a left to Arendtsville then right turn to the show. :whistle: For 7 years I thought about stopping in Biglerville at the Old Country Store but never did it (the left turn is at that store). Never went into the Apple Museum either.

Dual Wheels

Sounds like the Blue Sky Motel will be full of Horsemen...that's where I'll be along with two or three others. Stayed there last year ...it's not bad for the price which was cheper this year than last...see ya all there :whistle:

HorseFixer

Does anybody know where the Days Inn is in refrence to the fairgrounds? :WRS: Any Tips would be helpful being this is my first show. :whistle: Thanks!

Duke

GlenPettit

Days Inn: exactly one mile N-East from the center of Gettysburg (Lincoln Square) on York Road, get a map at www.daysinngettysburg.com . Probably 9 miles to show.

Something to see downtown, besides all the Civil War stuff, they have a store selling 2" figures (men), for 'mural-dramas' (war & battle scenes with painted metal figures), they have 100's of scenes, maybe 100,000 figures, all of history's battles and great detail, took me hours to see, it's free to look, but $$$ to buy, open late on Friday.

Best way to see ALL of Gettysburg is to take the guided double-decker Bus tour first, and if you take the first buses in the morning, not so full, more attention and details, less crowds & traffic ='s more time at sites and for questions, then you can go back to see what you want.

Stop at PA Welcome Station (Turnpike) to get brochures.

Fun & safe to walk around town at night, lots of Craft stores downtown for wives all day.

Have fun, Michigan Glen

HorseFixer

Thanks Glen appreciate the Tips.! :WRS: The wife and I will do that on thursday before the show. :whistle:

Duke

Kelly

You can camp a the grounds, is that first come first serve? does it fill up? I won't be there till fri. afternoon.

TT

You can camp a the grounds, is that first come first serve? does it fill up? I won't be there till fri. afternoon.

The "camping area" to the far right of the parking lot usually fills quickly, Kelly.

There should be plenty of room in the "general camper parking area", but there aren't any shade trees there. If you have a small screen house, it wouldn't hurt to bring it along.

I'm sure someone will help you find a good spot once you get there. :whistle: