Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Where ya stayin?

Sparky

Just wondering where some of you guys will be stayin for the PA Show. I just finished makin reservations at the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg and didnt know if any of you might be there.

I know Dale stays in Chambersburg and Ben will be at Larsons Quality Inn.

Mike....

Jim_M

I'll be driving the truck with the big camper in the bed and hope to stay at the nearest campground. I haven't had any luck getting in touch with any of them yet, I'm sure they're all closed for the winter. I'll keep trying though.

I can't pull my big trailer with the camper on, too much weight for the hitch extension, but I plant to borrow a 12' trailer from a friend and bring one or two tractors. I may just bring my 633 and save the space on the trailer in case I find anything I might want to haul home.

CHARGER9AUTO

Just wondering where some of you guys will be stayin for the PA Show. I just finished makin reservations at the Hampton Inn in Gettysburg and didnt know if any of you might be there.

I know Dale stays in Chambersburg and Ben will be at Larsons Quality Inn.

Mike....

Mike, I will have my Dad make the reservations at Larson's Quailty Inn next week for the Wheel Horse show in PA . Ben........... :D

kj4kicks

I'm staying at my house, 45 minutes from the show. There's room in the back yard for at least 6 or 8 campers, if anybody wants to park here. I can run electric from the garage, and pop off sewer clean-out caps for, well, you know.....

Eldon.

combatmp29r

I have no idea yet. I know I need to work on that soon. Mike how far is the hampton from the grounds?

Jim_M

Eldon,

If I can't get any campgrounds to answer their phone I may take you up on that offer. I would be willing to pay you,or buy the beer, some steaks for the grill, or whatever it takes.

Jim

Sparky

Hey Joel. The Hampton is about 14 miles from the show. Its on a strip with about 6 other hotels and plenty of restaurants and a Super Wal-Mart. Theres a Ruby Tuesdays across the street and we eat dinner there. It has an indoor pool which is real nice after doing a 7 hour drive to the show and hiking around all afternoon at the show. In the morning the Hampton offers a free breakfast with some hot items as well as the standard muffins/bagels. Then its back to the show till it ends Saturday at 3:30. Kinda pricey but I travel for work and only stay at Hilton owned hotels and get points so I will be stayin for free(or 25,000 points) this year.

Mike......

Buzz

I usually camp at the fairgrounds and sleep in my van. Usually Jerry, Billy, Geof, and Bill from Maine camp close to each other and set up a big dining fly. Not sure what we're doing this year. One word of advice, when you come bring a tractor to ride around on. That is a big fairground to walk around on all day. Your legs will thank you :D

Jim, send a letter to the Conewago CG requesting a brochure and tell them what dates you'd like to camp there . They might be closed and not answer their phones but they'll still pick up their mail.

BPjunk

Mike,

I stay at the Hotel Tent ..... at the South Mountian Fairgrounds!

Ifn's I'm lucky I will get about 7 hours of sleep ..... this is including both nights!

I have helped peope who come in late and set up at at 2:30 am!

Oh ... Uh I have heard 'bout some of the places you have had to ... "work" ..... I guess Hawaii can be a tough place to get things done. :D

Bill in Richmond, Va.

T-Mo

I wish I was worried about where to stay while at the show. I'm afraid I can't even make the show, much less worry about finding a place to stay. :D I hope, though, to make one of these shows. It would be nice, to not only see the tractors and displays, but to see some of you guys there.

Sparky

Mike,

I stay at the Hotel Tent ..... at the South Mountian Fairgrounds!

Ifn's I'm lucky I will get about 7 hours of sleep ..... this is including both nights!

I have helped peope who come in late and set up at at 2:30 am!

Oh ... Uh I have heard 'bout some of the places you have had to ... "work" ..... I guess Hawaii can be a tough place to get things done. :D

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Hey Bill. Not all my jobsites are as glamorous as Hawaii or San Diego. I'll be driving to a strange place with strange folks with funny accents this week. Maybe you've heard of it...its called Virginia :( .

And I'll be driving home with a BIG EMPTY van :P .......so lock up yer horses and put out an MTD in yer front yard to throw me off the horse trail.

Mike......gettin ready for a 10 hour drive...

glenn27

Boy--I better get buzy and make a reservation now--Clean slipped my mind.. :D

Only going to stay Friday night, I think. Anyone got a phone # handy for a decent place?

Thanks!

Buzz

Hey Jim M......... Did you ever get ahold of anyone from the Conewago CG? Just curious, after all there are only 135 days left until the show :D

wh500special

If you folks are planning to stay in a hotel for the show, I'd recommend getting your reservations completed post haste...Gettysburg is a tourist mecca and there is evidently a big car show the same weekend in Carlisle. Sometimes the show coincides with graduations or reunions from some of the colleges in the area too.

Chambersburg is typically more affordable than G-burg too. About the same distance from the show. More restaurants in G-burg of course...

The moral of the story...pick a place and reserve soon!

best of luck,

Steve

Jim_M

Hey Jim M......... Did you ever get ahold of anyone from the Conewago CG? Just curious, after all there are only 135 days left until the show :thumbs:

Buzz,

My plans have changed. I'm bringing a bigger trailer to the show, so I can't haul my camper. I'll be staying at a nearby motel instead.

Jim

69DEZ

I wish I was worried about where to stay while at the show. I'm afraid I can't even make the show, much less worry about finding a place to stay. sad.gif I hope, though, to make one of these shows. It would be nice, to not only see the tractors and displays, but to see some of you guys there.

Treed, My thoughts exactly :thumbs:

Jim_M

I booked a room at the Blue Sky Motel. It looks like it's about 5 miles from the fairgrounds.

It looks ok in the pictures and the price was right. Anybody heard anything about it? Good, bad, ugly?

http://blueskymotel.com

refracman

Jim, thats where we're stayin. We stayed there last yr. its no Red Roof inn but its a place to crash and its clean. best part its fairly close bout 15 min from the fair grounds.

Jim_M

Steve,

At least I'll know the nieghbors then! Do they have anyplace to park a trailer, or would I be better off leaving it at the fairgrounds?

Jim

Rollerman

Hey Jim I picked Steve's brain tonight a bit...said there was a large feild parking area next to it.

Jim_M

Good! Now all we have to do is get there!

Rollerman

As long as you have one of those magic boxes with the arrows pointing the way...I'm good & can help with the driveing.

Nick

Drove past that Blue sky hotel for 7 years and never thought to try staying there. Doesnt look bad and the price is better. Not many rooms in gettysburg under $120 or $130.

Most people leave the trailer at the fairground. In past years they lined up some trailers up out by the road next to the entrance display. I drove 450 miles to the show and when i ran into the owner of that small gooseneck trailer he lived less than 40 miles from me and had talked to my brother.

th_2003show146.jpgth_2003show18.jpg

glenn27

Jim, thats where we're stayin. We stayed there last yr. its no Red Roof inn but its a place to crash and its clean. best part its fairly close bout 15 min from the fair grounds.

I went by that place, also--a couple times--they were all booked last two years. So I have a reservation @ Country Hearth Inn on York Rd.--and another local guy here that is going told me, just last night both the Hampton Inn and Days Inn in Gettysburg are now full...

so... :thumbs:

Jim_M

I reserved my room at the Blue Sky Friday night and they still had rooms available.

I would call soon though, they may not have them for long.