andrewLL

Cutter Deck V Belt

andrewLL

Hi, just hoping someone can help me with my cutter deck from a 1973 Raider 12.  I have restored my rusty deck that was full of holes and it now works well but the belts are worn and near the end of their lives needing replacement.  There was no identification plate on the deck so I don't know what part number / type it is to look up replacement parts.

You can probably see from the picture that it is a 36" rear discharge deck, with two 12" blades and one 14" blade.  The bearings are the one piece sealed bearing and shaft unit (part 103119), which I had to get shipped over from the States but was not as expensive as I expected.  Is this enough to identify the deck?

The belt on the deck is 1,910mm (75.25") long and 10mm wide tapering to 8mm on the inside.

The main drive belt from engine around mule drive to the deck is 2,416mm (just over 95") long and 12mm wide tapering to 8mm on the inside.

Both belts are worn and possibly stretched.  Can anyone help with the Wheelhorse part numbers for these, and has anyone any experience with ordering standard industrial belts which are probably much less expensive.

Thanks.

post-8898-0-59099200-1422816421_thumb.jp

post-8898-0-28321000-1422816470_thumb.jp

• Like 1

TT

Using 5-0622 as a model number, it looks like the part number for the blade belt is 8411.

The deck drive belt for the 45" wheelbase tractors should be 102741.

Here's the 102741:
http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/?catid=3296&att1=Toro-A-102741&att2=

This looks like a suitable replacement for # 8411:

http://www.bearingboys.co.uk/A75_Kevlar_V_Belt__6877_-12581-p

• Like 2

Anglo Traction

Good job on the Deck Andrew. Same as mine and can only endorse TT's info.

I have the same part numbers still showing on my '74' 36 RD Original Wheel Horse Deck Belts.

Your  close to the quoted lengths as well-

102741 listed as 96.6   inches

8411      ..       .   76.94 inches.  

Must get around to doing my deck soon :hide:  

andrewLL

Thank you both for the help here. It's interesting that of all the possible suppliers in the UK you found the belts at Bearingboys, I have obtained replacement track rod ends from them for the steering.

Regards

Andrew

Keith of kent

Hi Andrew

Don't know if you've got the belts yet but I use these guys for belts, good quality and good prices.

http://www.beltingonline.com/

Keith