fox414

520hc

fox414

I added my second horse this week. I picked up 520hc the other day. The man I bought it from bought it in 92 so I would be the third owner. Runs flawlessly could just use paint. Only has 450 hours on it.

The plow he gave me was in rough shape so I pulled the one off my 414. But with the hydro it will pick the plow frame up so high it runs the front axle and you can't steer is there a fix for this or just don't lift it all the way?

Tomorrow I will be putting the duallys on it from my 414. The 520 will be my yard worker and 414 will be my mower.

5202hqgwok.jpg

4142qcpn3o.jpg

Edited by fox414

slammer302

There's lots of life left in that thing

lynnmor

Looks like you have the blade tilted forward too much.  Try a different hole.  Download a user manual for more information.

fox414

I got all the origional manuals with the 520 just Haven't had time. Thanks for the response though.

Ken B

With the added speed built into the HC's that should make one hell of a snow pusher!

Sparky

The plow he gave me was in rough shape so I pulled the one off my 414. But with the hydro it will pick the plow frame up so high it runs the front axle and you can't steer is there a fix for this or just don't lift it all the way.

What are you using for a lift link? Solid or chain? That's where you will have the make an adjustment so the plow doesn't lift so high as to hit the axle.

Good score!

Mike...........

• Like 1

fox414

What are you using for a lift link? Solid or chain? That's where you will have the make an adjustment so the plow doesn't lift so high as to hit the axle.

Good score!

Mike...........

It's solid mike. As far as the tractor it was a great price I think, and the man delivered it to my door. I hopen we get this storm tonight!

• Like 1

dovetail53

someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the HC has the forward swept axle??? if that's the case, you'll need the blade extension kit in order to clear the front tires when the blade is angled. 

• Like 1

fox414

someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the HC has the forward swept axle??? if that's the case, you'll need the blade extension kit in order to clear the front tires when the blade is angled.

it does have a swept front but it's clears just fine when angled. It just raises to high and the plow frame hits the axle.

ericj

pull the front mower bull gear off the front it just might clear then

eric j

stevebo

The HC's were made in 88 and 89 only. They have the swept forward front end so if you plan on using the angle on the plow you need to get a plow extension for it. You will love that machine.

Row Cropper

I agree with Eric J., the mule drive should be removed during plow use.  You said the plow is raising too high and causing a loss of steering, that could only happen if the plow frame is being lifted into the tie rods.  That is definitely not good and the corrective action is mentioned by Sparky, you will have to adjust the lift linkage to make it longer.  If you have the solid linkage, you just need to fabricate a longer one to correct the problem.  Good luck!

• Like 1

JackC

Great score. My favorite horse. The HC is the Grandaddy of the 500 Series. It is all ballzz and will out run the newer ones.