Pollack Pete

Geno's New Web Site

Trouty56

At this point Geno's site is a forum....kind of like this one....not nearly as polished...but it is a forum....and a nice one too! He is only allowing members to join up for stability purposes but eventually will allow guests... I personally like Geno...I have met him and he is genuine. Loves Wheel Horses!! I have joined his forum and plan to frequent his site, RS, as well as MTF.... Be patient...it is FCFS at this point.

Why another forum you ask... Well...why another restaurant.....why another anything.....choices...it's all about choices.... If it is only RS then we all get shoehorned into one culture....I like choices...

• Like 6

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

At this point Geno's site is a forum....kind of like this one....not nearly as polished...but it is a forum....and a nice one too! He is only allowing members to join up for stability purposes but eventually will allow guests... I personally like Geno...I have met him and he is genuine. Loves Wheel Horses!! I have joined his forum and plan to frequent his site, RS, as well as MTF.... Be patient...it is FCFS at this point.Why another forum you ask... Well...why another restaurant.....why another anything.....choices...it's all about choices.... If it is only RS then we all get shoehorned into one culture....I like choices...

I have to agree 100 percent. I myself belong to a few other sites, talk wheel horse stuff there to. I also met Gene, a great regular nice guy. I like wheel horse, I like getting around and chatting with others about them.

Glenn

• Like 2

KyBlue

I think Bob answered it for me. :) and probably more eloquently than I could have

• Like 1

rmaynard

I started in 2009 on another Wheel Horse forum, "Wheelhorse.org". Then joined MTF. Found some others, then finally discovered RedSquare where I found a comfort level that I liked. I still visit and participate in all of them occasionally. Now comes Wheel Horse Stables.  Again, I tried it and I liked it so far. That doesn't mean that I am going to abandon RedSquare and all my friends that I have made here. I am a supporter and will remain so until something happens to change my mind.

As Trouty56 said, "why another forum?...why not?"

I still bleed "red" no matter where I happen to be.

Edited by rmaynard
  • Like 6

JC 1965

I signed up on Geno"s site yesterday. I still love Red Square and I am a lifetime supporter but it's all about  :wh: tractors  and a bunch of nice guys and gals talking tractors.That's what we all have in common. What could be more fun than that ?    :dunno:

• Like 8

stevebo

Can I go to Geno's site and figure out how to get banned? :ychain: Being a moderator for so long here on RS I would feel like a trader... lol. Good luck with the site Geno. Make sure you visit here too!

• Like 9

AMC RULES

I'm pretty sure I've seen...    :scared-eek: 

other RS mods already signed up there. 

• Like 2

VinsRJ

Join a forum and in less than 12 months as a member start advertising your own forum.  :eusa-think:

• Like 6

AMC RULES

...or start a Youtube channel.   :ychain:

• Like 1

VinsRJ

...or start a Youtube channel.   :ychain:

My YouTube Channel was set up long before I joined RS, so its actually the other way around...  :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by VinsRJ

Geno

Gentlemen...I have to add this.  If you are going to have a site to enhance your business (which makes perfect since), why would you want to have it closed to members only??  I would think that I would want to make it available to any Ja-moke that was interested in what Geno has for sale, prices for things, and a list of inventory.  Just thinking.  :)

I will try to answer everything one at a time Steve.  I know there are a lot of questions out there.   :)

I didn't build the site to enhance my business.  I built it so whoever bought something from me could get help when they needed it from people that could help, especially when I'm not around.  When warm weather hits I will be gone a lot.  That's why the decal has the site and phone on it and doesn't even mention sales or service.  If you concentrate solely on service the sales will follow.

I've never advertised in my lifetime, ever.  My business has never even had a sign, a name on the building, or the mailbox.  It's even pretty much hidden with trees on a hill, and people here who have been to my shop will tell you that it is hard to find even though it's on a main 4 lane highway.  I have always said if you treat people right they will beat the door down to get to you.  Seems like someone who retired at 52 to play with the Horses has proven that point pretty well.

It took me 2 weeks to get the board the way I wanted it, then I wanted about 2 more weeks with the mods to find the obvious bugs, run it through some paces, and do moderator training.  Being the Admin, I couldn't even see what other groups could see.  It is still member and my customers only now to give it a better shakedown and I'm finding a few more things I have to fix.  I'm not new to this board thing either, I owned one over 12 years ago with 60K members.

If things stay the way they have been I may never even mention what I have for sale on my site, like I never did here.  It's hard to mention what's for sale when I have 14 on a waiting list right now.  I can't get them restored fast enough.  My CL ad even says the ones pictured are sold and we are getting others ready because we can't keep up... 

That is what I'm up to as far as sales go, but there is a whole lot more coming.  We are also turning a part of the shop it into a fabrication area and going to get much deeper into parts this year  We have a shear, roller and brake on the way now.  You guys should know by now when I do something I don't mess around...  :)

• Like 7

Trouty56

Join a forum and in less than 12 months as a member start advertising your own forum.  :eusa-think:

And they said it couldn't be done..... :)

• Like 3

AJ_Thanatos

I will try to answer everything one at a time Steve.  I know there are a lot of questions out there.   :)

I didn't build the site to enhance my business.  I built it so whoever bought something from me could get help when they needed it from people that could help, especially when I'm not around.  When warm weather hits I will be gone a lot.  That's why the decal has the site and phone on it and doesn't even mention sales or service.  If you concentrate solely on service the sales will follow.

I've never advertised in my lifetime, ever.  My business has never even had a sign, a name on the building, or the mailbox.  It's even pretty much hidden with trees on a hill, and people here who have been to my shop will tell you that it is hard to find even though it's on a main 4 lane highway.  I have always said if you treat people right they will beat the door down to get to you.  Seems like someone who retired at 52 to play with the Horses has proven that point pretty well.

It took me 2 weeks to get the board the way I wanted it, then I wanted about 2 more weeks with the mods to find the obvious bugs, run it through some paces, and do moderator training.  Being the Admin, I couldn't even see what other groups could see.  It is still member and my customers only now to give it a better shakedown and I'm finding a few more things I have to fix.  I'm not new to this board thing either, I owned one over 12 years ago with 60K members.

If things stay the way they have been I may never even mention what I have for sale on my site, like I never did here.  It's hard to mention what's for sale when I have 14 on a waiting list right now.  I can't get them restored fast enough.  My CL ad even says the ones pictured are sold and we are getting others ready because we can't keep up... 

That is what I'm up to as far as sales go, but there is a whole lot more coming.  We are also turning a part of the shop it into a fabrication area and going to get much deeper into parts this year  We have a shear, roller and brake on the way now.  You guys should know by now when I do something I don't mess around...  :)

And I think that pretty much sums that up...  :ROTF:  :ychain:

Coffee anyone?  :teasing-poke:

Edited by AJ_Thanatos
  • Like 2

Geno

And they said it couldn't be done..... :)

Don't ever tell me something can't be done, if you do, look out!   :laughing-rolling:

• Like 5

AJ_Thanatos

Pretty sweet isn't it! I wish I could do it!  :)

KyBlue

And I think that pretty much sums that up...  :ROTF:  :ychain:

Coffee anyone?  :teasing-poke:

I don't like coffee much but ill take a cup! :)

• Like 2

Racinbob

Maybe it's just me but this sure seems to be heading in the direction that defies the one rule. "Just be nice?" Oh wait....that's a different site. Never mind. :eusa-doh:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Geno, thanks for posting in this thread finally.  I do not think anyone wishes you "ill will" with what you are doing.  Actually, I wish you luck in what you are trying to do.  I just think you went about it wrong...as it was stated you were trying to run a business.  Quite honestly, your attitude is going to keep me from being a part of your endeavor.  Your post #40 is testament to what I am saying.  I wish you no ill will and I hope it works for you...I hope you understand that I will not be a part of your ego.  Fair winds and following seas Mate.  :)

• Like 8

Geno

I hope I didn't say anything to be interperated as not completely truthful, honest and very nice.  If I did I am sorry Bob.   :)

• Like 2

Geno

Geno, thanks for posting in this thread finally.  I do not think anyone wishes you "ill will" with what you are doing.  Actually, I wish you luck in what you are trying to do.  I just think you went about it wrong...as it was stated you were trying to run a business.  Quite honestly, your attitude is going to keep me from being a part of your endeavor.  Your post #40 is testament to what I am saying.  I wish you no ill will and I hope it works for you...I hope you understand that I will not be a part of your ego.  Fair winds and following seas Mate.  :)

Sorry you took it that way Steve.  It's not ego, it's my attitude that I can do anything.  It's what makes everything from Olymic champions to what has made me come so far in life.  :)

If that is the way you feel and don't care to listen to me or others that know me personally and can testify to it, then you have made the right decision and thank you.  :)

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Karl. Very well stated. My hats off to you sir.

Glenn

• Like 6

JC 1965

Thanks Karl for your post on this subject. I agree with Glenn, ( very well stated )     :thumbs2:

• Like 5

KyBlue

Add one more to the "very well stated Karl" pile.

Very well written and thought out

• Like 7