Cutlas3391

Pick Up Very Hard To Find Wheel Horse 420LSE Today!

Cutlas3391

That looks like some rust through, so it won't be cheap or easy to fix. Too bad there are no NOS chrome rims available, they might be cheaper than a repair/rechrome job. Was there fluid in the tires that caused the rust through?

I have a decent connect on the chrome job probably be the power coat chrome. The fluids tend to cause rims rust out in my opinion and experience.

ericj

i think i would find another set of 8.5x12 rims and have them chromed and keep the originals and clean up the best possible. would you be able to get the original smooth or would it show up as an imperfection when rechromed 

eric j

• Like 2

Cutlas3391

Ready for nice buff job and waxing.

post-8224-142359431309_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Shaun, dont forget my gas pump. Lay a coat of wax on it for me. Lol

Glenn

• Like 2

Cutlas3391

post-8224-14238790664_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142387907772_thumb.jpg

Cleaning time and polish the chrome

• Like 2

ericj

have decided what you are going to do with the rear rims or are waiting to see how they clean up

eric j

Cutlas3391

have decided what you are going to do with the rear rims or are waiting to see how they clean up

eric j

Still have to clean them also still getting prices on chrome the wheels. Also debating to buy new ags on the back or turf tires.

ericj

Still have to clean them also still getting prices on chrome the wheels. Also debating to buy new ags on the back or turf tires.

yea that's a tuff decision on a tractor like that. i normally put ags on all of my tractors but a 420 lse would never see anything more then parade duties so i might have to go with original style turf tires. but it's your tractor and you can do what ever you like with it

eric j

• Like 1

marvairplanes

attachicon.gif420 LSE, Aug 2008 002.jpgCutlas 3391...

Congrats on your newest addition !

With all the interest shown on the 420 LSE I'm really amazed that I did not get a SINGLE inquiry/response when I listed mine (#51)  some time ago here on RED SQUARE and also on e-bay.

Just think of all the trouble/work/sweat that could be eliminated by buying my 420LSE !!!!! (See POST # 38 for Pic.)

Maybe you could surprise your wife on Valentines day with a nice RED gift ????

• Like 2

Cutlas3391

Just think of all the trouble/work/sweat that could be eliminated by buying my 420LSE !!!!! (See POST # 38 for Pic.)

Maybe you could surprise your wife on Valentines day with a nice RED gift ????

But that takes the fun out of it detailing her and making her look nice again.
  • Like 2

Cutlas3391

The Wheel horse 420lse cleanup nicely with a nice cold spring day wash. I'm going to have to do a little painting to it ethier way. I hate to do that I wanted to keep it bone stock like a survivor style. The main painting will just be frame,rear end and battery box area. Also little engine paint too. The main panels like the hood and rear fender are staying orginal.

post-8224-142707822336_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142707823889_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142707825002_thumb.jpgpost-8224-14270782591_thumb.jpgpost-8224-142707826839_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ken B

Lookin good! I had to do a little paint work on my 420 as well so don't feel bad. Unlike most other Wheel Horse tractors the paint often peels on these series tractors. IMHO peeling paint looks like crap and it only gets worse if not taken care of. Yours is lookin great! 

Cutlas3391

Lookin good! I had to do a little paint work on my 420 as well so don't feel bad. Unlike most other Wheel Horse tractors the paint often peels on these series tractors. IMHO peeling paint looks like crap and it only gets worse if not taken care of. Yours is lookin great!

Thanks ken! Hopefully I have her finish in 4 weeks. Me and Ken in the 420lse club

userj8670

I'm sorry I missed this thread- nice score! If you live in Buffalo we are about 20 min from each other!

• Like 2

19richie66

That looks really nice. It's funny because without the hood or chrome wheels, it looks just like my 418-A. So much so I have saved your pictures so I can get mine back together the way it should be. Thanks for posting them. You've answered two of my questions already. I have been looking for one "naked". Can't wait to see it back together.

Edited by 19richie66
  • Like 1

Cutlas3391

I'm sorry I missed this thread- nice score! If you live in Buffalo we are about 20 min from each other!

Not to far orchard park,ny

Cutlas3391

That looks really nice. It's funny because without the hood or chrome wheels, it looks just like my 418-A. So much so I have saved your pictures so I can get mine back together the way it should be. Thanks for posting them. You've answered two of my questions already. I have been looking for one "naked". Can't wait to see it back together.

Pretty much same rider the 420 lse just alot chrome and 20 hp engine

userj8670

Not to far orchard park,ny

Ya I am in Lewiston! I'm curious where did you find the 420 as I never saw it on craigslist?

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Ya I am in Lewiston! I'm curious where did you find the 420 as I never saw it on craigslist?

No it was never on Craigslist it was a friend of mine knew a guy who had it and I thought it was a joke. But when I went to see it it was the real thing!!

Cutlas3391

That's the winter trailer for the salt months the other three stay nice and salt free!a7e28bc5b026cd2dcb31ad5200bf1784.jpgpost-8224-142732788853_thumb.jpg

Salt trailer is a 4x6 Then I run dual axle 7x16 a 4x8 trailer and 6x10 enclosed trailer

Ken B

I forgot to add, it was a mighty fine winter for haulin for me as well. I only hauled one, but it was a Doozy...

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

I forgot to add, it was a mighty fine winter for haulin for me as well. I only hauled one, but it was a Doozy...

I'll bet you the excitement of buying the 420 lse keeped you warm!!!! It did on my trip!

Cutlas3391

Update almost done with the semi restore 420lse tractor. I keeped the pan seat and hood orginal with its patina look post-8224-143160903711_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

muz123

Looking good!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Coming along nice Shaun.

Glenn

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 1