Keith of kent

Hello from UK

Keith of kent

Hi all

I'm Keith from Kent in the garden of England. Had my 72 Raider 12 for 7 years, use it for cutting 2 acres of grass meadow the 36 RD deck has no rust but I've replaced all the bearings with ones from The OEM Parts Store.

Also use it for hauling a couple of trailors I have, the little old beast is happy pulling 8CWT of logs across a field or close on a ton of sand on smooth ground. Have broken the trailor a couple of times.

We don't get the amount of snow in southern UK that you guys get so I don't have a plow or a blower but a bit of ply with a couple of bungees and ropes does the job for me, it works a lot better than you might expect,

post-14589-0-70240300-1422453388_thumb.j

It looked like this when we moved here[

attachment=51797:DSCN0908.JPG]

But after a lick of paint and a lube

post-14589-0-75417700-1422453915_thumb.j

I never want this to look like a showpiece, I'd be worried to get it dirty.

A few weeks ago I got a 79 C121, quite a lot of rust on the thinner tinware, it has a Kohler 10hp with a broken rod. Not sure what to do with it, I may swap the steering with mine as its less worn and sell it on EBay

post-14589-0-16915900-1422453783_thumb.j

• Like 2

Anglo Traction

Hi  Keith, welcome  good to have another Euro Member here.

There are several 'Kentish' member here and sure they will make themselves known. Your new acquisition look's a whole lot better condition than the ones I had found and fixed up.

If the Engine suffered no more than the Broken Con Rod, it can be rebuilt. Wesley on here (also in Kent) has some 10hp parts available!.

Good idea for shifting snow by the way.

Keith of kent

Hi Anglo Traction

Thanks for that, here's another snow clearing pic

Also I needed to scarify my lawns to remove all the old dead grass so I hired a machine, soon got fed up pushing it so attached it to the horse and towed it backwards.

Needed ear protection!

post-14589-0-26292500-1422457146_thumb.j

Then I used the sweeper on my Westwood to pick it all up

post-14589-0-12285900-1422457402_thumb.j

Edited by Keith of kent
  • Like 3

AMC RULES

:greetings-wavingyellow: 

:WRS:

neil

Nice tractor Keith , I didn't realise you had snow in Kent , nothing here in somerset yet.

meadowfield

Hey Keith!

welcome to redsquare, looks in nice condition :thumbs:

Horse46

Hi Keith, nice looking tractor, alot better paint than mine has. I may steal your plough idea if we get any of the white stuff, not likely though on the south coast.

JC 1965

Hello Keith, good lookin tractor .    :thumbs2:        :WRS:

Stigian

Hi Keith Welcome to RedSquare, it's good to have another Kent member aboard :thumbs:

Where abouts in Kent are you?

Keith of kent

Hi Stigian,

I'm near Pluckley, I see that you're the guy with the Raider 20.

I didn't go but my wife took the grandson to the tractor fest  August 2013 and came back with pics of it.

Highly impressive machine!!

I have been a member on the Wheelhorse forum since 2008 and its been very useful, notably Gary West without whose knowledge and help my Wheelhorse would be long gone.

But that site doesn't seem to have much activity, unlike this one. I just cannot believe what a lot of nice enthusiastic people on here!

Horse 46

I haven't got a patent on the plywood snow plow so feel free. Drill a hole in the board 1/2 way up the rad grille and tie it on very loosely, the board needs to move up and down a few inches.

The drill another near the top, I tied a nylon belt through this and tie it onto the mower lift lever near the top, run the strap along the top of the bonnet.

You just need two more holes near the bottom and tied loosley with rope to keep the thing somewhere in the middle. 

So as you move backwards raise the board and lower it when you go forward.

It look completely rubbish but I have used this over several winters to clear mine and my neighbours drive clear. It also has the advantage that it doesn't damage my brick friveway

Neil

No that snow was 3 years ago!!

Stigian

Hi Stigian,

I'm near Pluckley, I see that you're the guy with the Raider 20.

I didn't go but my wife took the grandson to the tractor fest  August 2013 and came back with pics of it.

Highly impressive machine!!

I have been a member on the Wheelhorse forum since 2008 and its been very useful, notably Gary West without whose knowledge and help my Wheelhorse would be long gone.

But that site doesn't seem to have much activity, unlike this one. I just cannot believe what a lot of nice enthusiastic people on here!

Hi Keith, your only down the road from me, I'm in Hawkhurst..

I was the guy with the 6x6.. Unfortunately I had to sell it late last year to pay for a house move.. My latest project  (Why Not) will be not as good as the 6x6 off road, but it will be just as mad :D

You should try and make the time this year to go to Biddenden Tractorfest, it was a great show last year, great fun :D

"I just cannot believe what a lot of nice enthusiastic people on here!"

You have just summed up RedSquare in a sentence there..  I've been a member for over 7 years now, and have made a great many friends all over the world, and have had so much help/advice.. Thanks Guys :thumbs:

So yes, RS is the best place to be if your into Wheel Horses :D

Edited by Stigian