Sign in to follow this  
Raider 10

Picked up a snow thrower and plow

Raider 10

I picked up a plow, snowthrower, extra set of wheels w/ tires, and a set of chains. A few weeks ago I mounted a set of ag tires on the rims that I had so it's good to have a set of turf tires on the rim too.

Now i just have to see if these attachments will fit the Raider 10.

Michael

Attached Image

post-4-1224979343.jpg

Raider 10

Here's the thrower...

Attached Image

post-4-1224979430.jpg

TT

The dozer blade is correct, but the snow thrower isn't.

The good news is that the blower is probably a 1962 ST-3072 and will work on the front-engined round hood models such as the 701/502/552/702/etc., etc.

Depending on your location, you might be able to trade it for the correct thrower for your Raider.

Raider 10

Thanks Terry

What modifications do you think I could make to get it to fit? Is it a matter of the width of the mounting brackets? Hmmm.

I'm in NW NJ.

TT

I don't recommend "hacking" that one up. (but do what you have to do, of course.)

Your best bet would be to find the correct newer blower that doesn't have the "reverser gears" and the chain drive. (used to make the auger turn the correct direction)

In its current form, the old thrower would turn way too fast using the large PTO pulley on your tractor engine. They were made to run off of a 2.5" engine pulley.

Raider 10

Ok, so it is a bit more involved. Anyone in or near NW NJ wanna do a swap?

Well, Like you said it is good news with the blade.

:banghead: Terry

michael

Sparky

I apologize for the shameless plug but I have this for sale.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6011

I'm not sure what year your Raider is but this might work. I know that there was an adapter for the 70's tractors so they could accept the Attach-a-Matic stuff. I'm hoping someone on here can tell us for sure.

I wouldnt be interested in a trade tho.

Just an option.

Mike............

Sparky

TT, would mine work or not? Just curious as it'll be on e-bay or craigslist next week and I'm sure someone will ask.

Mike.........

TT

Yeah Mike..... it would work - it just wouldn't be a direct fit though.

It can actually be used on any "standard" garden tractor with the large PTO pulley. (would need a front hitch kit on anything before 1973 though)

Sparky

Yeah Mike..... it would work - it just wouldn't be a direct fit though.

It can actually be used on any "standard" garden tractor with the large PTO pulley. (would need a front hitch kit on anything before 1973 though)

Thanks pal,

Mike............

stevebo

Hello,

I will be picking up 2 blowers tomorrow that will fit my c175 and i only need one. the one you have my fit my 655. let me know if you are interested in a trade. i am in southwest ct (danbury). thanks- steve sbotelho@garlandind.com

linen beige

Here's the thrower...

Precisely the blower I've been looking for, but way too far away and I aint got nuttin' to trade. :banghead::USA: :omg:

KyBlue

Jim... you really dont think we'll actually get enough snow to use that thing do ya???

BairleaFarm

Jim... you really dont think we'll actually get enough snow to use that thing do ya???

im not for sure we will get enough snow to even use the blade. :banghead:

linen beige

The day care at the church has a little over an acre of parking lot and several hundred feet of sidewalk. The faster I can clear it the better. And if the snow covers the pavement, it has to be cleared. I just really want a blower for my 702, just for that once a year I can use it.

KyBlue

Was just givin you a hard time there Jim. For 500 bucks theres a sweepster on Ebay.. might work better, dont knwo about it fitting the 702 thou