zanepetty

Slashed tire!

zanepetty

So while moving the gravely zero turn mower around, my brother hit my right front tire of my tractor with the deck of the gravely putting a slash in my brand new tire!😡😡 it still holds air because it has a tube in it but it's ugly. I'll try to add pics tomorrow. I didn't see any other damage but..Do ya think that wouldve damaged or weakend any of my front end components? Or is it no different than hitting a hole in the yard while mowing?😨 sorry for the question. I'm just particular with it. Thanks

slammer302

When you look at both front tires from the front of the tractor and they both look straight I would say ur ok

• Like 1

pfrederi

You can buy big repair patches that go on the inside of the tire to protect the tube.

post-1023-0-33107500-1422367343_thumb.jp

kudzu3

OH NO! Your front end is most likely fine, but I'm concerned about your brother, how bad did you hurt him?

• Like 2

zanepetty

I was most concerned for the spindles and tie rods..I like that patch. I may order one.and, I wasn't around when he did it, tommy. I still haven't seen him ðŸ˜

kudzu3

Probably a good thing    :kbutt:

zanepetty

Here's the damage. Does it look like a Nast hit to you guys?

post-11334-0-90224200-1422381223_thumb.j

varosd

Ouch!  Looks like a bite out of a piece of fudge!

I like the idea of a inner wall patch, never seen that before.

you are probally fine since its on the front.

different story if you had a FEL on it!

did the Wheel Horse "kick" back at the ZTR? :rolleyes:

zanepetty

Im sure she kicked back😆. She's DEFINITELY a stubborn one. What is a FEL?

stevasaurus

A fel is a mounted front end lift bucket.  How did he make marks like that Zane?  I can understand him going into hiding.  :)

slammer302

I would take the tire off the rim and flip it around so that the cuts are facing the inside

• Like 1

RedRanger

Unfortunate, but not that bad.  I agree, turn the tire around and put the damage to the inside.  Out of sight out of mind.  

As long as you're not putting extra weight on the front (i.e. loader, weights, blower, etc), you should be fine.

How sharp are the edges of the Gravely deck????  Those look like they were cut with a knife.

Edited by RedRanger

zanepetty

That's what I said! It looks like a knife! I was told it was done with the gravely but not by my brother.. I'm still not so sure.. Do you say it should be ok if I'm not using a loader because it may have weakend the front end components??

RedRanger

That's what I said! It looks like a knife! I was told it was done with the gravely but not by my brother.. I'm still not so sure.. Do you say it should be ok if I'm not using a loader because it may have weakend the front end components??

I don't believe there would be any damage to the front end parts from what I'm seeing.  The only damage I could imagine would be the sidewall of the tire has been weakened.  If you're just mowing grass and putting around the yard, no issues.  If you add additional weight to the front of the tractor, the tire "could" be weakened, and could blow out.  Worse case scenario of course.  Other than appearance, I would not be concerned, unless your brother coughs up some cash for a new tire of course.  It looks worse than it is.

zanepetty

I hope so!