Hodge71

What a difference 6 months makes

Hodge71

Plowed snow again today...It never ceases to amaze me how much these lil tractors do. The 18 Auto is down again...yeah I know...Imagine that...lol.... So Jebs Lil Charger 12 as he calls it has been pulling plow duty with its 42" blade. Heres a vid or 2 of it working and one from 6 months ago of it working at something a bit different around the farm.....

• Like 6

dodgemike

We are up in northeast Ohio.

Plowed my drive with my C121.

Plowed my parents drive with Dads

312-8 Classic. Sorry no video. It was

Really dark at 6 am.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Hodge71

May need to get one of them fancy shmancy go pro cams...I have a tough time paying $400 for some thing that goes on a tractor I paid $150 for and it ended up being one of the go to tractors I own..Its never failed me in any way.....

Trouty56

Chargers are awesome....

Hodge71

Chargers are awesome....

I know Bob the only regret I have is it doesn't have a hydro lift. I usually dont care about such options but with the big guy broken again its a ton of wear on my arm that still isn't healed from my fall last Thanksgiving. Theres a ton of stress picking up the blade a couple hundred odd times when plowing..... wrist is killing me today...I need to find me a good Bronco 14

Edited by Hodge71

Trouty56

I know Bob the only regret I have is it doesn't have a hydro lift. I usually dont care about such options but with the big guy broken again its a ton of wear on my arm that still isn't healed from my fall last Thanksgiving. Theres a ton of stress picking up the blade a couple hundred odd times when plowing..... wrist is killing me today...I need to find me a good Bronco 14

Easy to add Jeff. I added it to mine.....need the cone and spring.... Cylinder....valve....hoses....and the hydro rockshaft....in like flint.....

Hodge71

Easy to add Jeff. I added it to mine.....need the cone and spring.... Cylinder....valve....hoses....and the hydro rockshaft....in like flint.....

I just needed an excuse to find a Bronco 14

• Like 1

Trouty56

There you go....or an electra

pfrederi

Get the electro 12 with the limited slip rear end 48" blade she moves snow!!  I have used different Horses over the years as plow tractors any where from a C81 to a C175.  The Electro is the best.  You do not need tons of HP you need traction.  (and I have to admit the hydro lift is a good thing).

post-1023-0-45901300-1422367696_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Austin860

My electro just pushed me out of 2 feet of snow. Amazed by the pushing power, pound for pound better than a d series

Ken B

Dang Jeff, is that the road you live on or is your driveway really 2 mins 30 secs. long??? I'm a big fan of an Electro 12 as a snow pusher. I had one and that thing would push some serious snow!

formariz

I agree. I have Ken's Electro ( we call it Kenny) and it is just awesome . I have a very steep driveway and it just climbs it pushing 10" of snow like it is on flat ground. I can't even imagine what life around here would be without it.

• Like 1

Hodge71

Dang Jeff, is that the road you live on or is your driveway really 2 mins 30 secs. long??? I'm a big fan of an Electro 12 as a snow pusher. I had one and that thing would push some serious snow!

Yes Ken the driveway is 2:30 seconds long....lol....  Its about 1:30 to the house and then around to the grain bins and dryer is the other minute 

Is the Electro a short frame or a long frame tractor? Theres some pics that I see of them that makes them look a little shorter than a Charger/Raider/Bronco or later C series. Maybe its just an optical delusion

Edited by Hodge71

Hodge71

My electro just pushed me out of 2 feet of snow. Amazed by the pushing power, pound for pound better than a d series

As far as more pushing power than a D.... I would argue its not. My 18 auto can push one helluva head of snow and thats with a 56" blade not  a 42". Plus the added weight up from that Kohler twin stops the side push when the blade is angled.... I moved 3-4' snowbanks last year that  my buddy couldn't move with his Deere John 4755 4wd with a 14' county plow hanging off the snoot. He was miffed to say the least when I was able to  open up the mess he made...lol...

• Like 1

Trouty56

Yes Ken the driveway is 2:30 seconds long....lol....  Its about 1:30 to the house and then around to the grain bins and dryer is the other minute 

Is the Electro a short frame or a long frame tractor? Theres some pics that I see of them that makes them look a little shorter than a Charger/Raider/Bronco or later C series. Maybe its just an optical delusion

I believe the the Raider/Charger/Electro were the same basic tractor.....just different options....(for some reason I thought they were called Electra...but thought doesn't get the job done does it....)

Ken B

Long frame Jeff.

I wish I had a driveway that long, I think!

Edited by Ken B

Ken B

I agree. I have Ken's Electro ( we call it Kenny) and it is just awesome . I have a very steep driveway and it just climbs it pushing 10" of snow like it is on flat ground. I can't even imagine what life around here would be without it.

I dug up a pic of the Electro I traded to good buddy formariz, Overall the Electro was my favorite snow pusher I've ever had. I bought it from an old German guy who bought it new, he took good care of his stuff.  I can remember him telling me, son this old girl will push a ton of snow. When I told him I was planning to make her beautiful again man was he happy. He was 100% right, she can push!. He was only selling it because his days were numbered. She is in good hands with Cas...

55hp475.jpg55hp589-1.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 2

Hodge71

I dug up a pic of the Electro I traded to good buddy formariz, Overall the Electro was my favorite snow pusher I've ever had. I bought it from an old German guy who bought it new, he took good care of his stuff.  I can remember him telling me, son this old girl will push a ton of snow. When I told him I was planning to make her beautiful again man was he happy. He was 100% right, she can push!. He was only selling it because his days were numbered. She is in good hands with Cas...

55hp475.jpg55hp589-1.jpg

Ken I love it! Wood grain is gorgeous. I definitely need one of them in my herd now

formariz

Here she is again grazing in the Garden State. Just realized looking at Ken's photo that she still has the same battery five years later.

Besides the obvious power and traction when plowing, the ease of the whole operation is probably my favorite. No reaching to lower or raise plow, no clumsy lenghty gear changes, instant foward and reverse, and it is FAST. Incredibly also she will run on one tank of gas for close to three hours on full throtle. Starts with the breakerless ignition is just a second, as soon as engine turns it fires.

And to think that some people want to stop the Connecticut tractor swapping! Please lets not go silly here. There is one upthere now with a lot of bling bling that I  want.

post-484-0-37028000-1422545400_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Trouty56

One of the things I like best about the appearance of this tractor, along with the Raider and Charger, is the hood...especially the grill area.....with the vertical up the center.....and the way it narrows down to the front axle......gives it a wider looking stance.....

formariz

One of the things I like best about the appearance of this tractor, along with the Raider and Charger, is the hood...especially the grill area.....with the vertical up the center.....and the way it narrows down to the front axle......gives it a wider looking stance.....

To quote something TT once posted "love looking down that long hood"

Edited by formariz
  • Like 1